What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

41 minutes ago, Paco said:

Starmer is about to give a ‘major speech’ about devolution. Pretty much assumed he’ll be offering Devo max.

At least there’s nothing else going on in the country today. Solid timing.

With Gordon Brown's help, of course.

Soft Indy voters listening intently. Hardline Indy supporters with their heads in the sand. 

Stormzy, did you actually listen to this drivel? What earth shattering plan is Sir Man of The People offering?

Answer- SFA.

A feeble attempt to hold together what’s left of North Britain Labour. That ship has sailed and unless they embrace Independence they are going to end up as a footnote in history.

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Stormzy, did you actually listen to this drivel? What earth shattering plan is Sir Man of The People offering?

Answer- SFA.

A feeble attempt to hold together what’s left of North Britain Labour. That ship has sailed and unless they embrace Independence they are going to end up as a footnote in history.

No I did not. 

I dunno I'd say the SNP should just abandon Indy and embrace the Union before they end up as a footnote in history. 

6 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Labour trotting out the same bullshit they lied about before won't exactly be a game changer for them IMO

I pity anyone gullible and stupid enough to fall for this shit.

That anyone could be gullible enough to fall for it twice really would seriously beggar belief.

Labour trotting out the same bullshit they lied about before won't exactly be a game changer for them IMO

They did this in the leadership elections and it was baffling how many people fell for it. Starmer saying in Liverpool that he wouldn’t give any interviews to The Sun during his campaign was the most blatant playing to the gallery shit and everyone bought it anyway.

Unfortunately for Scottish Labour he’s having to try this with non-Labour voters who are pretty much lost forever and are justifiably embittered by decades of broken promises and being taken for granted as well as having a better alternative.

48 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Soft No voters listening intently to Starmer. Hardline British nationalists with their heads in the sand.

Regarding this current talking point what do the British Nationalists have their heads in the sand over? 

47 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I agree. There's plenty of gullible and stupid people that will be sucked in by stories like this though. 

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I haven't even bothered to look, presume it was an announcement of some detail free, nebulous "Devo-Max" and restatement of No to IndyRef2 until the sun goes out?

Sounds like it. This view from Wales thinks Gordon Brown had a hand in it.

https://nation.cymru/opinion/why-labour-leader-keir-starmers-devolution-speech-was-abysmally-bad/

I'd actually fancy a 3 way shoot out between Status Quo, pretendy devo max and Independence. As long as the caveat is highest percentage wins. I can see enhanced Devo actually splitting the No vote more. Independence, despite people being fooled would easily hit 45.... Other two options would be split.

it's bordering on offensive the way they trot this out.  

the journalists that attempt to punt this were too busy laying into independence during the referendum (a result that was never really likely at any point) that they utterly failed to hold Westminster's feet to the fire on a real devo max deal when it actually could have been wrung out of them.  

The MSM failed Scotland for that reason more than any other in my opinion over the course of that campaign.  Quite happy to push a flimsy front page a few days before the vote.  A disgrace.