What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

What if they have a family sat in the car and stuff someone in the boot? Surely the true capacity is 17-18 passengers and one car. Or does the 12 include the car occupants?

I expect a full BBC Scotland exposé on this latest "SNP ferries fiasco".

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 hours ago, orfc said:

Loch Frisa's 2nd hand

One's a motorised skip

Catriona the only one thats new and was ordered before the referendum, so hardly sturgeons triumph (we're talking what good has 8 years of Sturgeonism done remember?) 🙂

(If anything it proves my point, as soon as Nicola came in they went to shit)

What about funded childcare for three and four year olds? Are we allowed to consider that something good that happened under Sturgeon, or is that not valid for some reason too? 

6 hours ago, orfc said:

Loch Frisa's 2nd hand

One's a motorised skip

Catriona the only one thats new and was ordered before the referendum, so hardly sturgeons triumph (we're talking what good has 8 years of Sturgeonism done remember?) 🙂

(If anything it proves my point, as soon as Nicola came in they went to shit)

You are obviously keenly interested in maritime manufacturing mishaps.  I suggest you take a look at the shitshow of His Brittanic Majesty's Royal Navy over the last twenty years or so, aircraft carriers alone will tickle your fancy.  Just as well they are basically expensive vanity projects for the Admiralty with no obvious practical use.

19 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What about funded childcare for three and four year olds? Are we allowed to consider that something good that happened under Sturgeon, or is that not valid for some reason too? 

The key point to remember here is that Labour are a fucking shambles. People bleating about ferries but ignoring the fact that Labour's position is abhorrent on Brexit, social care and Scotland's right to determine its future. They can get in the bin with their blue bedfellows. Starmer is a disgrace. And the party in Scotland is still being spoken for by Murray and Foulkes. f**k me that's grim.

Edited by HTG

On 27/07/2023 at 23:30, lichtgilphead said:

What runs between Gallanach & Kerrera then? A f*cking dinghy?

The MV Carvoria isn't the biggest ferry in the world, but it can carry both vehicles & passengers and  was built in Lerwick, Shetland in 2017 for Calmac

MV Carvoria

😂

Just out of curiosity, how many new CalMac vessels were laid down during the terms of the first two devolved Scottish Governments?

The only reason I ask, is that I'm assuming by the amount of yoon screeching going on, that must have been some sort of halcyon era with new ferries going down the slipway at ten to the dozen?

Starmer now changed his position on Transgender self ID.

”Sir Keir, would you muder your own mother to get elected?”

”Well in an ideal world I wouldn’t need to carry out the act myself…”

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Starmer now changed his position on Transgender self ID.

”Sir Keir, would you muder your own mother to get elected?”

”Well in an ideal world I wouldn’t need to carry out the act myself…”

Ah now, that's unfair 

It should be 

"Sir Kier, would you sell your own mother to venture capitalists and Rupert Murdoch to get elected despite having supported the idea of nationalising mothers previously?"

23 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Listening and cringing at Daniel Johnson MSP getting interviewed on Radio Scotland just now. Nobody can vote Scottish Labour surely. Sir Kier not helping at all

It's going to be a pretty light Labour manifesto if it can't include any tax or spending plans because they won't see state of the public finances until they take office.

At one point I thought the poor lad was going to say "stop asking me difficult, embarrassing questions about spending and differences between the Labour Party and the Branch Office".

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

After another Tory 'Profit Before Planet' announcement this morning I expect Sir Kier will be watching public reaction extremely closely before another on-the-hoof Labour policy formulation.

UK fudge factories should be on high alert.

They’ve already promised not to revoke any licenses that get issued before they get in. Which is, you know, swell.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

and Its been nearly 10 years of meh under SNP now

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

16 years

Abolition of toll bridges - meh.

Free prescriptions - meh.

No tuition fees - meh.

Life Of Brian levels of ignorance.