What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

It was always the case that the funniest thing about Trump winning would be these spineless dorks having to bend the knee and kiss the rings of the biggest right wing ghouls in his entourage.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

It was always the case that the funniest thing about Trump winning would be these spineless dorks having to bend the knee and kiss the rings of the biggest right wing ghouls in his entourage.

There would be nothing funny about Trump winning.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

^^

Lacks a sense of humour.

Nah, I’ve got a sense of humour but there’s some things that just ain’t funny fromage.

33 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Absolutely nothing unfunnier. It’s looking kind of inevitable though, as things stand at the moment. 

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, imagine the situation as Hitler was building his Reich in 30s Germany as the world looked on and tried to downplay it.

No social media in these days of course.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

It doesn't even make sense. Why would you have a beer at the back of a furniture shop? His name's not "Kia Starmer" and no one says "I-kear".

IT DOESN'T EVEN RHYME FFS!!!!

"Have a beer with Sir Keir on a pier somewhere near"

Even then people would probably say No.

Edited by Fullerene

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, imagine the situation as Hitler was building his Reich in 30s Germany as the world looked on and tried to downplay it.

No social media in these days of course.

As melodramatic as it gets. And then, (in the 30’s) as things unfolded, it just sort of crept up and happened.  

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

16 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

So,main take away from today's King's Speech is that Scotland isn't ,afterall ,at the "beating heart "of Government.....who'd a thunk it !.

There's a whole ONE cabinet member from a Scottish constituency, what do you expect? 

Hilarious to think back to the Thatcher/Major years when you had Ian Laing, Malcolm Riffkind, Michael Forsyth, James Douglas-Hamilton, etc and now we have this Labour administration who claimed to put Scotland at its beating heart with Ian Murray, about the worst Scottish MP there is! 

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

So,main take away from today's King's Speech is that Scotland isn't ,afterall ,at the "beating heart "of Government.....who'd a thunk it !.

More like the colon.

4 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Not that good,more like the appendix.

I’d be quite happy for us to be removed from the host body, but instead we’re going to have to deal with a lot of shit.

27 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

And suddenly it makes sense. Cheers. 

RP?  Rural Pakistani?  Religious Pervert?  Rosa Parks?

It's clear the merging of the threads and the new name have been an utter disaster.

An ominous portent for this government I fear.