What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

11 hours ago, Wee-Bey said:

I'm not so sure.

This article refers to cutting benefits to those with disabilities. @scottsdad was asked whether Labour would cut benefits to the mentally ill - to which he replied he did not think they would. He knows their red lines and which vulnerable society members are fair game for Labour (OAPs, the disabled) and which are not (mentally ill). 

There used to be a rubbish local cooncil/authority thread but can't find it so posting here (on account of GMB's continued links to Labour). 

It's a sad day when GMB members can't drive a bin lorry whilst taking a call at the same time. Joe Public will clipe on anything these days and GCC can't wait to throw GMB members under the bus/lorry for the "least wee thing".

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-bin-lorry-driver-photographed-30123226 

image.thumb.png.ed3638561312630b1d3c4b03dd58f127.png

3 hours ago, Pocketman said:

There used to be a rubbish local cooncil/authority thread but can't find it so posting here (on account of GMB's continued links to Labour). 

It's a sad day when GMB members can't drive a bin lorry whilst taking a call at the same time. Joe Public will clipe on anything these days and GCC can't wait to throw GMB members under the bus/lorry for the "least wee thing".

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-bin-lorry-driver-photographed-30123226 

image.thumb.png.ed3638561312630b1d3c4b03dd58f127.png

What a strange hill to die on. Was he parked and taking a work call or something?

If he's driving while using his phone, that's an obvious dismissal. I'd love to hear how that's a failure in training, considering he presumably passed his driving tests before getting the job. We're not talking about some arcane job-specific rule.

On 04/10/2024 at 17:48, The DA said:

What have the SNP done to Scotland?

They have fuc*ed transport, the nhs, prisons, housing, policing, industry and education off the top of my head. And add to that how Scotland's people have been divided. You see the absolute hatred on here towards anyone that does not want independence. It is toxic. They have been terrible for Scotland. 

Myself, I believe in treating people in how you would like to be treated yourself. Live your life, be happy and face the facts people have different views to yourself.

5 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

They have fuc*ed transport, the nhs, prisons, housing, policing, industry and education off the top of my head. And add to that how Scotland's people have been divided. You see the absolute hatred on here towards anyone that does not want independence. It is toxic. They have been terrible for Scotland. 

Myself, I believe in treating people in how you would like to be treated yourself. Live your life, be happy and face the facts people have different views to yourself.

I'm not sure that's true. I have absolutely no problem getting a dental appointment, yet down south people often struggle. There's so much overcrowding in prisons in England that they've recently released many prisoners early, to make space and policing is also heavily criticised there, too. We have free prescriptions, no tuition fees, free bus travel for the young; and I'm unsure, but does the bedroom tax apply here?

Lots of councils are going bankrupt in England, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/14/englands-councils-bankrupt-westminster

I'm not a fan of the SNP, but your analysis doesn't seem fair or objective. 

13 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

irony GIF

1 minute ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I'm not sure that's true. I have absolutely no problem getting a dental appointment, yet down south people often struggle. There's so much overcrowding in prisons in England that they've recently released many prisoners early, to make space and policing is also heavily criticised there, too. We have free prescriptions, no tuition fees, free bus travel for the young; and I'm unsure, but does the bedroom tax apply here?

Lots of councils are going bankrupt in England, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/14/englands-councils-bankrupt-westminster

I'm not a fan of the SNP, but your analysis doesn't seem fair or objective. 

I am not comparing Scotland to England or Wales for that matter. I spend a lot of times in both these countries and believe me I see what a mess that they are in. Where my parents live in England by far the main problem is immigrants. Luckily we do not have that problem here, yet. 

Any nothing is free up here, the taxpayer picks the bill up. The bus passes for the young has been a disaster if you speak to bus drivers. The prescription's being free is daft imo. Free paracetamol, ibuprofen, ibuprofen gel, multivitamins etc.. costs the nhs a fortune when you can buy any of the things I have mentioned for less than a pound. Give free prescriptions to people that are on medication for life and people that really need it. 

And councils up here are also nearing bankruptcy. 

Anyway like I said I'm not wanting to compare Scotland with any other country. Imo the snp have been and are a disaster for Scotland but people blindly seem to lap it up. Each to their own but not for me.

7 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

I am not comparing Scotland to England or Wales for that matter. I spend a lot of times in both these countries and believe me I see what a mess that they are in. Where my parents live in England by far the main problem is immigrants. Luckily we do not have that problem here, yet. 

Any nothing is free up here, the taxpayer picks the bill up. The bus passes for the young has been a disaster if you speak to bus drivers. The prescription's being free is daft imo. Free paracetamol, ibuprofen, ibuprofen gel, multivitamins etc.. costs the nhs a fortune when you can buy any of the things I have mentioned for less than a pound. Give free prescriptions to people that are on medication for life and people that really need it. 

And councils up here are also nearing bankruptcy. 

Anyway like I said I'm not wanting to compare Scotland with any other country. Imo the snp have been and are a disaster for Scotland but people blindly seem to lap it up. Each to their own but not for me.

The alternative to SNP government up here is government by Labour or the Tories, though - either through their parties up here, or by direct rule from Westminster, if Holyrood was scrapped - and you admit they're doing an awful job down south.

2 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

The alternative to SNP government up here is government by Labour or the Tories, though - either through their parties up here, or by direct rule from Westminster, if Holyrood was scrapped - and you admit they're doing an awful job down south.

I don't disagree with you that Labour are doing an awful job in both England and Wales. The Conservatives were not that much better. 

I want a strong Reform party that gives people a different choice to either Labour, the Conservatives or the snp. They are growing fast down in England. Be interersting to see if they can make any in roads up here.

The snp are a terrible alternative to vote for imo. I am kind of lost up here who I can vote for. It would never be the snp though, ever.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Where do they live and what problem are they having?

They live in London. 

Is a friends son getting murdered by an illegal immigrant very recently a big enough problem for you?

And I'm sure you know the problems with getting appointments for various things that they did not have 10 years ago. 

13 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

They live in London. 

Is a friends son getting murdered by an illegal immigrant very recently a big enough problem for you?

And I'm sure you know the problems with getting appointments for various things that they did not have 10 years ago. 

I'm not sure, is that worse than getting killed by a white neighbour?

I feel their pain, getting appointments in Inverness is difficult too.

I note that Reform performed particularly poorly in most of London, so maybe your parents don't see them as the solution you do.

21 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

They live in London. 

What did they not have 10 years ago - the problems getting appointments or the various things ?  Or both.  We like clarity up here.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure, is that worse than getting killed by a white neighbour?

I feel their pain, getting appointments in Inverness is difficult too.

I note that Reform performed particularly poorly in most of London, so maybe your parents don't see them as the solution you do.

He was brutully murdered by a Somalion that should not even be in this country. Stabbed 11 times in the head. No motive as of yet, he had his wallet on him so it was not a robbery. I myself have been assualted both verbally and physically down there. 

My parents along with their neighbours do not go out alone at night. They have added lots of security to their home.

It is terrible down there with illegal immigants causing all sorts of trouble.  If you are not living it you do not have a clue how bad it is. I have and do when I visit my parents. 

As for appointments, if you phone to make an appointment to see a doctor how does 6 weeks sound and that is if you are lucky.