Ticket allocations - loyalty points

With the super Paisley Saints unable to cope with the big time of European football without upsetting fans due to ticket demand outstripping supply… 

Just wondering…

How many Premiership clubs have some sort of loyalty/points system for allocating tickets where there is limited supply? Or how does your club do it?  Season ticket holders first dibs? Anything else?

edit: 

to clarify - this is mainly around away allocation. If we play in Iceland we’re looking at approx. 100 tickets. Don’t know the exact number, but the club has decided to divert some away from Season Ticket holders to our independent supporter (members) association without any consultation or previous.   

Edited by AlfieMoon

17 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

With the super Paisley Saints unable to cope with the big time of European football without upsetting fans due to ticket demand outstripping supply… 

Just wondering…

How many Premiership clubs have some sort of loyalty/points system for allocating tickets where there is limited supply? Or how does your club do it?  Season ticket holders first dibs? Anything else?

edit: 

to clarify - this is mainly around away allocation. If we play in Iceland we’re looking at approx. 100 tickets. Don’t know the exact number, but the club has decided to divert some away from Season Ticket holders to our independent supporter (members) association without any consultation or previous.   

A loyalty scheme was a hot topic on Killie Kickback recently. It's getting harder n harder to get tickets for St Mirren or Hearts for example.

The debate has eased the last few days thou with the news of the increase for the away Cercle game, now all travelling fans will get a ticket.

At present it's privilage seat and ST holder first dibs, but thats still either by ballot or a 1st come 1st served basis.

Before any cup quarter final or visit to Hampden there is panty wetting and then the reality is everyone gets a ticket. I've only known Sligo away and now it seems Tynecastle to be limited and tricky.

Does seem like a massive waste to have seats not affecting separation under black fabric that could be used to let more punters in.

We have the Away season ticket. You pay £50 for the membership and are guaranteed tickets for every away game in the league or in the cup before they go on sale to everyone else. It was worth it last season to get a guaranteed ticket for Luzern and Aston Villa away in Europe. 

Aye we have a “loyalty” points system - MyGers - which splits fans into three tiers: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Tickets get split between the tiers for away games, e.g. for a 5,000 away allocation: 2,500 tickets will be allocated to Gold, 1,500 to Silver and the remainder to Bronze (I’m not sure on the exact splits this is just an example). There is then a ballot between all members in each tier to see who gets allocated a ticket.

The ballots work on a rotational basis so that every supporter will receive a ticket within their tier before they are eligible to receive another ticket.

Due to the demand of tickets though, this means that even if you are in the Gold tier, you are restricted to about 3 or 4 away tickets in total across the season.

There is also a percentage set aside for supporters clubs though so you also have a chance via this route.

Edited by AJF

We used to look after registered supporters buses first for aways but that has changed since the Welsh euro debacle. Now it's STH priority which is wrong from my point of view.

I don't have a season but I'd been to 12 aways last season by the split but couldn't get a ticket for St mirren away because the day trippers decided they fancied it.

I fail to see how home attendance should have any bearing on away tickets.

*still paid into every home game btw.

Yeah Hearts have one and it carries points from the previous season and the current season.

20 points for a season ticket, 1 point for a home game and 2+ (depending on where it is) for an away game.

Used to only be Easter Road that it was generally used for as most tended to go down to a public sale. but with us actually starting to win away games last season there were quite a few that sold out quick. 

13 hours ago, Hannibal Smith said:

Yeah Hearts have one and it carries points from the previous season and the current season.

20 points for a season ticket, 1 point for a home game and 2+ (depending on where it is) for an away game.

Used to only be Easter Road that it was generally used for as most tended to go down to a public sale. but with us actually starting to win away games last season there were quite a few that sold out quick. 

We used to have loyalty points until Dempster decided to get rid of them as people complained. Which is why we now have the AST. 

We've not got a loyalty system, mainly because it's not needed most of the time but for times like when there was reduced capacity for COVID or for Sligo away when we only got 300 tickets or something like that they did it in a ballot for season ticket holders that applied.

Edited by camer0n_mcd

There was talk of Utd setting up a loyalty scheme when Mal Brannigan was our director of something but he didn’t last and nothing ever came of it. I would like to see something like this set up as there are times when people who are there week after week have missed out and people who rarely go manage to get a ticket. Dundee and Hearts away games are the only ones that will be an issue this season. 

On 05/07/2024 at 09:14, AJF said:

Aye we have a “loyalty” points system - MyGers - which splits fans into three tiers: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Tickets get split between the tiers for away games, e.g. for a 5,000 away allocation: 2,500 tickets will be allocated to Gold, 1,500 to Silver and the remainder to Bronze (I’m not sure on the exact splits this is just an example). There is then a ballot between all members in each tier to see who gets allocated a ticket.

The ballots work on a rotational basis so that every supporter will receive a ticket within their tier before they are eligible to receive another ticket.

Due to the demand of tickets though, this means that even if you are in the Gold tier, you are restricted to about 3 or 4 away tickets in total across the season.

There is also a percentage set aside for supporters clubs though so you also have a chance via this route.

How did your ticket system work for the Europa League Final. Know a Rangers fan who struggles to get a ticket for domestic games but can get a ticket for most European away games. 

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

How did your ticket system work for the Europa League Final. Know a Rangers fan who struggles to get a ticket for domestic games but can get a ticket for most European away games. 

It was the same system really. Essentially there was a points threshold set initially, e.g. anyone above 1,500 points were eligible to purchase a ticket. Then the threshold dropped a couple of times as more tickets were released. (I got stung with that as I paid silly money for a ticket from a third party website as I was panicking, only to be allocated a free ticket from Rangers about an hour after buying the other 🙈).

Certain away domestic matches are becoming very difficult to get tickets for due to the demand and limited allocations and the fact that Rangers work it on a ballot system within the loyalty tiers. Sometimes it’s easier to get a ticket for a European game depending on what our allocation is given there is often less fans applying for them compared to domestic away games.

Edited by AJF