England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

I’m watching this thinking massive improvement for England but only because I am so desperate for them to be pumped out. Maybe there’s not much in it but they look the more dangerous team. Think saka has caused a few problems.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Is it relatively new, or did it just pass me by in the previous several decades that I either played or watched fitba.

”Closing down” was a more common term.

Closing down is (imo) different.  It's more individual.  Pressing is multiple players. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Closing down is (imo) different.  It's more individual.  Pressing is multiple players. 

The Dutch were doing that in the 70s.

While smoking.

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Is it relatively new, or did it just pass me by in the previous several decades that I either played or watched fitba.

”Closing down” was a more common term.

It's one of them new fitba terms invented by Sigmund Freud.

That boy Mainoo is fantastic and they're a decent manager away from winning something. They still look a wee bit disjointed in midfield but England do look good today. Switzerland are a good side too, but they're getting little change. 

Frank Lampard frequently talks like he has early onset Alzheimer's. Genuinely incomprehensible at times.

11 minutes ago, Venti said:

Best thing when England go out is the fannies cosplayed as King Arthur/St George greeting.

Personally, it's when we don't have to listen to hours of obsessive chat about England throughout the rest of the tournament.

You still get the mournful "can't help but wonder how England would've handled this" and "the man coming on spent a month on trial at Wycombe Wanderers thirteen years ago", but you can't have everything.

How many fucking millionaire c***s am I having to pay for to enjoy a full expenses paid holiday in a top hotel to watch football for free and give a couple of minutes of inane analysis that nobody needs?!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AUcal said:

The boys in the studio are getting excited again......

Tears at full time, please.

Most rationale observers would concede that it was a pretty turgid first half with both teams pretty even and cancelling each other out. Not our heroic boys in the studio though. Delusional levels of spin and polish being applied. Wish there was a way I could combine Kim Jong Un's face with this lassie:

image.png.cbd51a5d905faee3b1507320cc18db24.png 

Edited by Pocketman

Is it a good game, creative football, lots of chances? Or a bit of a bore fest?

Copa América perhaps better than Euros