Best of the West - WoSFL Cup 2024/25

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its a bit like referees, if you hound people for mistakes no one will want to do it and its not like its a compulsory job. Hold the hands up, learn from it, become better and move on. No harm done.

Agreed. It's still comedy gold though. An absolute minter.

38 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My belief is that you are Mr. Matt Bamford. 

Just saying.

He has enough shit to deal with without coming on here.

He isn't even on our own forum.

But then you seem to subscribe to conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

He has enough shit to deal with without coming on here.

He isn't even on our own forum.

But then you seem to subscribe to conspiracy theories.

Where would the conspiracy be in that? 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Where would the conspiracy be in that? 

The one that Clydebank thrown cup ties to concentrate on the league started by the multiple man which you stated was correct.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

The one that Clydebank thrown cup ties to concentrate on the league started by the multiple man which you stated was correct.

That's not what I said. Read it again please.

Anyway, going back to what you said in the last post, I bet you 10p Mr. Bamford reads on here.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So someone, whoever, makes a minor mistake with a cup draw and all of a sudden its the biggest crisis to ever hit the west of scotland. Honestly simmer down. 

If this was the SJFA you would be pointing and laughing (rightly so btw) and calling for Alex McDowall to resign (again rightly) but when some of us do the same we are wrong, why’s that?

15 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

If this was the SJFA you would be pointing and laughing (rightly so btw) and calling for Alex McDowall to resign (again rightly) but when some of us do the same we are wrong, why’s that?

That’ll be the SJFA that drew their cup with clubs missing and had to add them on later 😂

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

"unforgivable and unfathomable mistake"

Really? 

Was it swept below the table?

I think they held their hands up and admitted that it was their mistake. They also thanked Petershill for their honesty.

I think they will have learned something from this and other than the embarrassment they will be feeling, I'm not sure what you actually want them to do.

All of them to walk away immediately?

Walk around with a crown of thorns on their heads?

Get an 'I made a blunder' tattoo on their foreheads?

As I said - "Get a grip."

They didn’t hold their hands up. They had no clue until Petershill raised the issue. 

Putting a club you banned from a cup in the very next available cup draw is as ridiculous and as amateur as it gets. 

There’s no other way to describe that than gross incompetence 😂

But aye, let’s just hold absolutely nobody accountable. That will help things going forward. 

We can absolutely just trust those who made this unbelievable error just to learn from it. 

15 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

They didn’t hold their hands up. They had no clue until Petershill raised the issue. 

Putting a club you banned from a cup in the very next available cup draw is as ridiculous and as amateur as it gets. 

There’s no other way to describe that than gross incompetence 😂

But aye, let’s just hold absolutely nobody accountable. That will help things going forward. 

We can absolutely just trust those who made this unbelievable error just to learn from it. 

You're right!

Let's get a mob together and burn them all at the stake.

Just now, passbackdave said:

Yaaassssssss obsessed with the papers. Get a life 

Mon the papers

Do you think it was acceptable? 

Do you not think that the chairman along with other need to accept they haven't managed the league with good governance? 

Take the blinkers off. I am sure if Alex McDowall got a couple more votes and was chairman you'd be up in arms over this. 

5 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Clydebank fans have been hell bent on slaughtering the level of football they play at and have ripped it totally to bits on here  . Why arent they ripping it to bits this time ?  Why the leniency? 🤔Be consistent lads .

U post more about the papers than ur own team.  Ur a sad individual dunno why am even replying

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Do you think it was acceptable? 

Is what acceptable?

Do you not think that the chairman along with other need to accept they haven't managed the league with good governance? 

Shambles 

Take the blinkers off. I am sure if Alex McDowall got a couple more votes and was chairman you'd be up in arms over this. 

Who's Alex Mcdowall? 

Mon the papers

22 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

No reasoned comeback then 👍

It's not a comeback. It's an acceptance that you're right.

The person or persons responsible should be hung, drawn and quartered and their severed bodies put on display at Broadwood for all to see to make sure nobody does anything again that's remotely similar, like spelling Maryhill wrong for instance.

3 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

No i wouldnt, i couldnt give a shiny button if the sjfa draw their cup 5 times incorrectly and include the Gorgons and Hurricanes in the draw.

The only time I ever ever called for any sjfa representative to resign (when i was concerned with its operations) was when a board member used a racist term. People make mistakes, people i personally like or dislike make mistakes, hounding people out of a job for a mistake where no ones been harmed is utterly mad. Its a mistake, mistakes happen. I dont know who’s mistake it was, but im sure that person will be beating themselves up over it and really in the age of the internet pile on do we need this?

I get its something to talk about in the pre season, but the league hasnt started, the cups havent been played for yet, it was a mistake with an initial cup draw that was picked up, big deal. 

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's not a comeback. It's an acceptance that you're right.

The person or persons responsible should be hung, drawn and quartered and their severed bodies put on display at Broadwood for all to see to make sure nobody does anything again that's remotely similar, like spelling Maryhill wrong for instance.

It’s not a comeback. 
Pity whatever it is isn’t reasoned either. 

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i wouldnt, i couldnt give a shiny button if the sjfa draw their cup 5 times incorrectly and include the Gorgons and Hurricanes in the draw.

The only time I ever ever called for any sjfa representative to resign (when i was concerned with its operations) was when a board member used a racist term. People make mistakes, people i personally like or dislike make mistakes, hounding people out of a job for a mistake where no ones been harmed is utterly mad. Its a mistake, mistakes happen. I dont know who’s mistake it was, but im sure that person will be beating themselves up over it and really in the age of the internet pile on do we need this?

I get its something to talk about in the pre season, but the league hasnt started, the cups havent been played for yet, it was a mistake with an initial cup draw that was picked up, big deal. 

The reputation of the league has been harmed, the trust in the committee has been damaged. 

If it wasn't for Peterhills honesty would this have been picked up? 

Ultimately the chairman is there to oversee things, this has ultimately reflected very poorly on him and his committee. I also think John Daltons position should be questioned as general secretary. This isn't a mistake this is purely bad management from the committee. 

So far the WoS committee have overseen a draw which was farcical, appointed a committee member's company as media provider which ultimately fell at the first hurdle. 

It is my view that self interest is rife within the committee and the best interest of the member clubs has not been looked after.