Best of the West - WoSFL Cup 2024/25

6 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

The reputation of the league has been harmed, the trust in the committee has been damaged. 

If it wasn't for Peterhills honesty would this have been picked up? 

Ultimately the chairman is there to oversee things, this has ultimately reflected very poorly on him and his committee. I also think John Daltons position should be questioned as general secretary. This isn't a mistake this is purely bad management from the committee. 

So far the WoS committee have overseen a draw which was farcical, appointed a committee member's company as media provider which ultimately fell at the first hurdle. 

It is my view that self interest is rife within the committee and the best interest of the member clubs has not been looked after. 

if you feel this way, may be best to write to the league and your club stating this.

Not sure what the media company could have done to prevent this live draw mistake.

At least they weren't getting paid a five figure sum the other lot were looking for.

Edited by clansman

17 minutes ago, clansman said:

Not sure what the media company could have done to prevent this live draw mistake.

At least they weren't getting paid a five figure sum the other lot were looking for.

Is that inside information? If so more issues with the Chairman. 

It wasnt a live draw it was a pre-recorded video. It is down to media team to manage this. 

I'd be more worried that the SFA (presumably the registrations dept) gave Petershill the wrong information in the first place.

They're as guilty as anyone.

Not the first time it's happened either.

5 hours ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

They didn’t hold their hands up. They had no clue until Petershill raised the issue. 

So you want them to apologise for a mistake they don't know they've made? Is Mystic Meg on the committee?

26 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

So you want them to apologise for a mistake they don't know they've made? Is Mystic Meg on the committee?

The very fact they aren’t aware THEY THEMSELVES banned a club. I don’t think mystic Meg is required there. Just extremely basic governance 

On 13/07/2024 at 10:24, PossilYM said:

Don't mention Harmony Row

I get that, but Harmony Row are a Govan team so only a bit of a derby.
Actually, I cant remember, why did Harmony Row fold or did Giffnock just take their place for some reason?

The Giffnock game is what the smaller clubs want, the excitement, the nervousness, the anticipation of a local bigger team coming to your ground, hope its a cracker of a game for both teams.

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I get that, but Harmony Row are a Govan team so only a bit of a derby.
Actually, I cant remember, why did Harmony Row fold or did Giffnock just take their place for some reason?

The Giffnock game is what the smaller clubs want, the excitement, the nervousness, the anticipation of a local bigger team coming to your ground, hope its a cracker of a game for both teams.

The originating Harmony Row cut ties from the Mens & Women's teams if a I recall correctly, and just wanted to focus on youth football. Meant losing access to the ground and branding. The WoSFL side were then brought into the Giffnock SC set-up, since they avoided having to apply themselves.