24/25 CarMatKings South Region Challenge Cup

3 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

So you're comparing the Lowland Region Challenge Cup to a summer competition.

That says a lot about the attitude a number of folk in the west have towards the pyramid.

The arrogance shines through.

It's a cup and when we won it it was a f**king shambles. There wasn't even ball boys at the final.  Scottish Junior Cup is much better run, financially and with telly rights as well. When the pyramid can boast a better run trophy then it might float the boat of the anti-pyramid Ayrshire folk.

8 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This is ridiculous. For someone who claims to want to be at the forefront of moving our game forward to make a statement (note how the club haven't said anything) without detailing the reason why. 

Why not say something along the lines of "we feel better served by the SJC". Still would have, rightly, attracted criticism but to say nothing of note is just and "absolute farce"

I'm sure treasurers of other clubs will be disappointed at the potential gate losses with Gartcairn's massive travelling support (!)

The guy McDowall is working an agenda and it’s as clear as day. He is an absolute dinosaur and determined to throw a wrecking ball at the wosfl and anything else to preserve his precious SJFA blazer. 

Thank god he failed in his election bid but it may only be a matter of time till he gets his way, no doubt aided and abetted from like minded folks on the wosfl committee and at various Wosfl clubs. 

Edited by coistysgoldenboots

17 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

It's a cup and when we won it it was a f**king shambles. There wasn't even ball boys at the final.  Scottish Junior Cup is much better run, financially and with telly rights as well. When the pyramid can boast a better run trophy then it might float the boat of the anti-pyramid Ayrshire folk.

Of course it's not the SJC; it's only been on the go for a decade and before the influx only had about 40 odd clubs competing. 

Everybody in the Lowland Area should be working as one to promote/enhance every competition, but there appears to be an element within who have a separate agenda and are looking to scuttle the pyramid.

Oh and your club is in the pyramid. You talk about it like Talbot are on the outside of it, or you wish they were.

22 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

The guy McDowall is working an agenda and it’s as clear as day. He is an absolute dinosaur and determined to throw a wrecking ball at the wosfl and anything else to preserve his precious SJFA blazer. 

Thank god he failed in his election bid but it may only be a matter of time till he gets his way, no doubt aided and abetted from like minded folks on the wosfl committee and at various Wosfl clubs. 

Trumplike; I don't believe for a second the Junioristas are finished. The rebels are lurking in the shadows awaiting their opportunities.

On 16/08/2024 at 14:12, Black Pennel said:

And the Winton won't be at home either. They're currently playing elsewhere while the new park is being worked upon.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see anything other than a victory for Broxburn.

Quoting myself here, but that was much, much, closer than I thought it would be !

Just now, jimbaxters said:

You're all going on like there is some big conspiracy going on. If any cup is optional then teams have a right to forego it. 

image.png.5820b42e2b5306bbfea99a1459f6245c.png

I don't think i've seen one person come out and expressly state the WoSFL voted to make participation voluntary. The typical response to the question has been people saying it was too late to do for this season. Not that that the vote happened or that it passed.

And the reason there's seen to be conspiracy over it is because the matter was raised the same year that the SJFA COO tried to win an election to be the WoSFL President.

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think i've seen one person come out and expressly state the WoSFL voted to make participation voluntary. The typical response to the question has been people saying it was too late to do for this season. Not that that the vote happened or that it passed.

And the reason there's seen to be conspiracy over it is because the matter was raised the same year that the SJFA COO tried to win an election to be the WoSFL President.

I thought that there had been a successful vote to make it optional but due to when the AGM took place it could only apply from next year subject to SFA approval since it's is a SFA trophy.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You're all going on like there is some big conspiracy going on. If any cup is optional then teams have a right to forego it. 

Can't beat a good conspiracy theory. I was pleased with my 'Trumplike and Junioristas' wording. 😊😊😊

Obviously I have no involvement with any club, so have no knowledge of the workings of this or any other competition.

A point I would make is rather than folk slating this cup and calling it pointless and such, shouldn't the 4 leagues be putting their heads together and be looking to improve it to a place where it is respected and financial stable/beneficial. There are speaking if it like it's an outside cup, it's not it's run by all the Lowland leagues, surely there is enough expertise now with the influx of ex-juniors to make it happen. Or are all the geniuses at the SJFA.

Another point, when did winning the SJC become about the money as opposed to being Junior Cup Winners 19** or whatever year it was. 

p.s. not been confirmed that it is optional as yet, and to be honest the regions Premier Cup competition should not be optional. Yes it most definitely needs modernising and better run but that isn't going to happen if everyone starts pulling out.

p.p.s don't recall Gartcairn calling it a farce the season before last when they reached the semi-final, I'm sure they lost their first game last season

p.p.p.s we need to stop this war between the SJC and SRCC, they are not even comparable Competions.

did you see 2 south clubs actually won today is that a sign of the coming apocalypse. 😁😁😁

and breath.

2 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Can't beat a good conspiracy theory. I was pleased with my 'Trumplike and Junioristas' wording. 😊😊😊

Obviously I have no involvement with any club, so have no knowledge of the workings of this or any other competition.

A point I would make is rather than folk slating this cup and calling it pointless and such, shouldn't the 4 leagues be putting their heads together and be looking to improve it to a place where it is respected and financial stable/beneficial. There are speaking if it like it's an outside cup, it's not it's run by all the Lowland leagues, surely there is enough expertise now with the influx of ex-juniors to make it happen. Or are all the geniuses at the SJFA.

Another point, when did winning the SJC become about the money as opposed to being Junior Cup Winners 19** or whatever year it was. 

p.s. not been confirmed that it is optional as yet, and to be honest the regions Premier Cup competition should not be optional. Yes it most definitely needs modernising and better run but that isn't going to happen if everyone starts pulling out.

p.p.s don't recall Gartcairn calling it a farce the season before last when they reached the semi-final, I'm sure they lost their first game last season

p.p.p.s we need to stop this war between the SJC and SRCC, they are not even comparable Competions.

did you see 2 south clubs actually won today is that a sign of the coming apocalypse. 😁😁😁

and breath.

Yes. Yes they should.

The rest of the post = TL;DR

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

14 hours ago, clansman said:

I thought that there had been a successful vote to make it optional but due to when the AGM took place it could only apply from next year subject to SFA approval since it's is a SFA trophy.

To be fair, there is a divide in views with junior favoritism and pyramid favoritism..

As far as i was informed, obviously with the Gartcairn, treasurers influence, the Gartcairn committee board voted to not participate in the mandatory cup. Don't think the management were happy about it but it is what it is.

it can go a few different ways but Gartcairn will be punished for it and I can see the lowland league looking to see what decision can be made to stop any chance or space being allocated for the junior cup from all clubs tier 5 and below as it can affect the outcome of the playoff to the Lowland league if there's a delay and as its their mandatory cup, they wont be happy that clubs are pulling out to pay more attention to the SJC and can even see if Garcairn try for the license that this sort of stuff will go against them.  I even bet Lowland will be seeking clarity from the SFA regarding this, it's just common sense.

Regarding yesterdays results
Ardrossan Wintons's game against a superb Broxburn team and sounded liked  a great game and by all accounts they were unlucky.

Lochmaben were unlucky against Caledonian locos who had a man sent off after only 7 mins and then another sent off later so down to 9 men and pulled it back in injury time and won the tie on penalty shoot outs after Lochmaben had two sent off in extra time.  Hearing it wasn't a dirty game just the referee wanted to be the center of attraction but first sending off was correct as last man.

Biggest shock of the day, Fantastic win by Glasgow United against Stirling University.

Excellent away win for Troon at Dundonald and Bellshill at Edinburgh South and a superb win for Lanark against Edinburgh premier outift, Whitburn

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

16 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Of course it's not the SJC; it's only been on the go for a decade and before the influx only had about 40 odd clubs competing. 

Everybody in the Lowland Area should be working as one to promote/enhance every competition, but there appears to be an element within who have a separate agenda and are looking to scuttle the pyramid.

Oh and your club is in the pyramid. You talk about it like Talbot are on the outside of it, or you wish they were.

No shit Sherlock!. No secret we didn't want in it so your raking over old coals. As a matter of fact can you tell me what the prize money is for winning the cup is this year?

14 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

No shit Sherlock!. No secret we didn't want in it so your raking over old coals. As a matter of fact can you tell me what the prize money is for winning the cup is this year?

I've no idea I am not involved with any club just a fan of non-league.

As I said to jb this cup is only a decade old and its only since the influx from the Junior ranks that it has had a decent number of clubs. To my small mind the 4 leagues should be working together to improve it. 

Do all clubs that play in the SJC pay a membership fee to the SJFA? 

Do all clubs that play in the SRCC pay any kind of entrance fee?

And please don't call me Sherlock. 😉

Posted (edited)

Courtesy of @HibeeJibee

Ardeer Thistle 0-4 Clydebank
Ardrossan Winton Rovers 3-4 Broxburn Athletic     (aet, FT 3-3)
Auchinleck Talbot 1-0 Hutchison Vale
Bellshill Athletic 3-2 Edinburgh South
Benburb 2-0 Yoker Athletic
Blantyre Victoria 2-2 Lochgelly Albert     (aet, FT 1-1, 2-4p)
Broomhill 0-1 Thornton Hibs
BSC Glasgow 4-3 St Peters
Burntisland Shipyard 1-6 Glenrothes
Caledonian Locomotives 2-2 Lochmaben     (aet, FT 1-1, 5-4p)
Cambuslang Rangers 2-3 Vale of Leven
Creetown 2-1 Tynecastle
Cumbernauld Colts 4-3 Linlithgow Rose
Dalbeattie Star 1-2 Blackburn United
Dundonald Bluebell 0-4 Troon
Edinburgh Community 2-3 Newton Stewart
Fauldhouse United 0-8 (eight) Albion Rovers
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-3 Lesmahagow
Glasgow Perthshire 2-3 Drumchapel United
Glasgow United 5-3 University of Stirling
Greenock 3-1 Glenvale
Kilsyth Rangers 1-2 Hurlford United
Kinnoull 1-2 Newburgh
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2-0 Mid Annandale
Lanark United 3-2 Whitburn
Lochar Thistle 3-4 East Stirlingshire
Luncarty 2-5 Kilbirnie Ladeside
Maybole 0-1 Caledonian Braves
Petershill 1-4 Darvel
Pumpherston 0-5 Irvine Victoria
Shotts Bon Accord 2-1 Rutherglen Glencairn     (aet, FT 1-1)
St Andrews United WO-Scr Gartcairn
Vale of Clyde 5-1 Stoneyburn     (aet, FT 1-1)
Whitehill Welfare 2-0 Kennoway Star Hearts
Wishaw 0-0 Oakley United     (aet, FT 0-0, 4-1p)

Standout results:

EOS Second Thornton being LL Broomhill
WOS Second Bellshill beating EOS First Edinburgh South
SOS Creetown beating EOS Premier Tynecastle
WOS Third Vale Of Leven beating WOS Second Cambuslang Rangers
WOS Third Glasgow United beating LL Stirling Uni
EOS Third Newburgh beating EOS First Kinnoul
WOS Second Lanark beating EOS Premier Whitburn
WOS First Kilbirnie beating EOS Premier Luncarty
WOS Second Lesmahagow beating EOS First Inverkeithing
EOS Third Lochgelly beating WOS First Blantyre

Lochar, Maybole, Kilsyth Rangers, Mids, Perthshire & Ardrossan come up short but put up showings they can be proud of against stronger opposition. 

Linlithgow the biggest hitter to bow out.

Edited by GNU_Linux

8 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I've no idea I am not involved with any club just a fan of non-league.

As I said to jb this cup is only a decade old and its only since the influx from the Junior ranks that it has had a decent number of clubs. To my small mind the 4 leagues should be working together to improve it. 

Do all clubs that play in the SJC pay a membership fee to the SJFA? 

Do all clubs that play in the SRCC pay any kind of entrance fee?

And please don't call me Sherlock. 😉

The SRCC take a 10% cut of every gate so assuming that should build up quite a bit of money in the pot.  Yet they continuously get hounded for the prize pot or lack of, so where does the money go? 

If there is also a sponsor putting up the prize money where does all the gate money from every single tie go? 

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair, there is a divide in views with junior favoritism and pyramid favoritism..

As far as i was informed, obviously with the Gartcairn, treasurers influence, the Gartcairn committee board voted to not participate in the mandatory cup. Don't think the management were happy about it but it is what it is.

it can go a few different ways but Gartcairn will be punished for it and I can see the lowland league looking to see what decision can be made to stop any chance or space being allocated for the junior cup from all clubs tier 5 and below as it can affect the outcome of the playoff to the Lowland league if there's a delay and as its their mandatory cup, they wont be happy that clubs are pulling out to pay more attention to the SJC and can even see if Garcairn try for the license that this sort of stuff will go against them.  I even bet Lowland will be seeking clarity from the SFA regarding this, it's just common sense.

Regarding yesterdays results
Ardrossan Wintons's game against a superb Broxburn team and sounded liked  a great game and by all accounts they were unlucky.

Lochmaben were unlucky against Caledonian locos who had a man sent off after only 7 mins and then another sent off later so down to 9 men and pulled it back in injury time and won the tie on penalty shoot outs after Lochmaben had two sent off in extra time.  Hearing it wasn't a dirty game just the referee wanted to be the center of attraction but first sending off was correct as last man.

Biggest shock of the day, Fantastic win by Glasgow United against Stirling University.

Excellent away win for Troon at Dundonald and Bellshill at Edinburgh South and a superb win for Lanark against Edinburgh premier outift, Whitburn

I’m sure the fine if applied will not be more than the cost of Gartcairns bus to St Andrews.  Take a slap on the wrist and stay out the horrendous cup.