Premier Suite: the EOS Premier Division 2024-25

See the St Andrews V HoB game got abandoned last night due to injury. Hopefully the player is okay and makes a speedy recovery.

3-1 to Haws but I'm guessing this will be replayed after the precedent set by the league in the Dunipace v Whitburn game last year.

31 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

See the St Andrews V HoB game got abandoned last night due to injury. Hopefully the player is okay and makes a speedy recovery.

3-1 to Haws but I'm guessing this will be replayed after the precedent set by the league in the Dunipace v Whitburn game last year.

I don’t want to be an insensitive here, but was it absolutely necessary for the St Andrews v Hill of Beath game to be abandoned due to waiting for an ambulance for a shoulder injury?

I don’t suppose HOB a will be overjoyed at having to replay the game considering the score and how close to the end it was. 

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t want to be an insensitive here, but was it absolutely necessary for the St Andrews v Hill of Beath game to be abandoned due to waiting for an ambulance for a shoulder injury?

I don’t suppose HOB a will be overjoyed at having to replay the game considering the score and how close to the end it was. 

I guess that's a question for the ref last night. A head knock 100% I could see why it would be abandoned but as you say it was a shoulder injury.

HoB can probably quite rightly feel aggrieved and when it boils down to it St Andrews will probably feel they may have got away with one 

23 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Would really depend on what was said by the operator to whoever made the phone call. If the instruction is to not move the player then the ref doesn't have a choice.

On 04/08/2024 at 12:39, Ginaro said:

Edinburgh Uni getting a point away to Jeanfield at this stage of the season bodes well for them staying up rather than doing a Vale of Leithen.

That was never going to happen. The Uni were always a highly competitive EOS Premier Division side pre LL. Saw them away at Tynecastle last night - they fought back well for a 3-3 draw and another point. Minus 2 of their best players too. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Would really depend on what was said by the operator to whoever made the phone call. If the instruction is to not move the player then the ref doesn't have a choice.

Yeah, fair point, i suppose if it was upper shoulder, they could have been potentially concerned about neck area as well.

Edited by Cowdenleith

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks to the obvious on-call doctor here for his thoughts. Just get the guy off and get the match re-started. Tool (maker) springs more to mind. Given what has been tweeted this morning, bot sure your first thought will carry much credence for those involved! 

28 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Thanks to the obvious on-call doctor here for his thoughts. Just get the guy off and get the match re-started. Tool (maker) springs more to mind. Given what has been tweeted this morning, bot sure your first thought will carry much credence for those involved! 

Don’t get your knickers in a twist Captain sanctimonious.

I wasn’t being arsey about it so there is no need for you to be either, the original tweet said ‘the game is currently stopped due to a shoulder injury’ so on the surface it seemed unusual for this step.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t get your knickers in a twist Captain sanctimonious.

I wasn’t being arsey about it so there is no need for you to be either, the original tweet said ‘the game is currently stopped due to a shoulder injury’ so on the surface it seemed unusual for this step.

😀😀

'I don't want to be an insensitive here, but....", 

so if you weren't being 'arsey' , what were you being?; insensitive, nope, you've said already you weren't that🤫

31 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

😀😀

'I don't want to be an insensitive here, but....", 

so if you weren't being 'arsey' , what were you being?; insensitive, nope, you've said already you weren't that🤫

Inquisitive? 🤔

Based on how long I’ve been going to football on a regular basis I’ve probably been to around 1000 matches give or take some either way.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a match abandoned due to a player injury. That being said, my exposure to tier 6 and below is more limited so maybe it occurs from time to time at that level where facilities are more limited.  

Edited by Cowdenleith

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Based on how long I’ve been going to football on a regular basis I’ve probably been to around 1000 matches give or take some either way.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a match abandoned due to a player injury. That being said, my exposure to tier 6 and below is more limited so maybe it occurs from time to time at that level where facilities are more limited.  

Injury abandonments are considerably more common now.

In recent years there have been 3 or 4 per season in LL/EOSL, whereas half a decade ago it was 1, and a decade or so ago there was a span of several seasons when Whitehill v Gala for a leg break in a cup tie was the only instance.

There will be a few reasons: including broader advice and caution not to move injured players - in years gone by more players may have been stretchered off (or helped up and walked in the case of upper body injuries); and worse ambulance response times - refs will usually abandon a game immediately if circumstances are obviously distressing, but also if 30mins passes.

Facilities little to do with that... and regardless almost all EOS Premier and half of First + Second division grounds are licensed (mostly at same medical criteria as majority of SPFL1&2 + LL).

Edited by HibeeJibee

29 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Injury abandonments are considerably more common now.

In recent years there have been 3 or 4 per season in LL/EOSL, whereas half a decade ago it was 1, and a decade or so ago there was a span of several seasons when Whitehill v Gala for a leg break in a cup tie was the only instance.

There will be a few reasons: including broader advice and caution not to move injured players - in years gone by more players may have been stretchered off (or helped up and walked in the case of upper body injuries); and worse ambulance response times - refs will usually abandon a game immediately if circumstances are obviously distressing, but also if 30mins passes.

Facilities little to do with that... and regardless almost all EOS Premier and half of First + Second division grounds are licensed (mostly at same medical criteria as majority of SPFL1&2 + LL).

Thanks for taking the time to reply, very informative.

I wasn’t at the game as I was working but the advice from both the operator and the HOB physio(who was a big help) was not to move Ryan. It is indeed changed days to when four volunteers would stretcher off an injured player. Now it has to be left to the professionals.

The ref initially said he was taking the players off for 20 minutes but when it became clear that the ambulance was nowhere near the ground the decision was made to abandon.

Although a shoulder injury doesn’t sound serious Ryan was screaming in agony and required a fair bit of treatment in hospital.

Bringing matters back onto the pitch contrasting results in Perthshire last night

I was at Jeanfield where they were very comfortable winners against a poor looking Dunipace team who just seemed to spend all night complaining to the ref .

Luncarty lost again and look in big trouble this season. 

On 08/08/2024 at 11:35, realmadrid said:

Bringing matters back onto the pitch contrasting results in Perthshire last night

I was at Jeanfield where they were very comfortable winners against a poor looking Dunipace team who just seemed to spend all night complaining to the ref .

Luncarty lost again and look in big trouble this season. 

Watched Jeanfield, lost a few players offset by new additions. Not a strong as last season imho but will do ok.....Dunipace looked like a lower division team which is unusual give not much between premier and best first division teams.