Premier Suite: the EOS Premier Division 2024-25

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Not gonna lie, been to Whitburn a few times and didn't even notice the slope! It can't be as bad a Bonnyrigg or the old City Park piste 😂

It's more the pitch resembles the surface of the north sea on a stormy nite 😂.

3 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

It's more the pitch resembles the surface of the north sea on a stormy nite 😂.

Aye, I noticed that 😂

I'm not the most observant but the slope defeated me. Will be cool if they can get it sorted. Love watching a game up there

4 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Whitburn under the lights would have a great atmosphere and the more teams with SFA licences the better.

But another plastic pitch😢

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the other ones in the area. If maintained properly they are great pitches to play on and watch 

Edited by Spyro

13 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Whitburn under the lights would have a great atmosphere and the more teams with SFA licences the better.

But another plastic pitch😢

CP is a bad advertisement for grass pitches patriot,more bumps than the Pentland's and games off constantly thru the winter with a water logged pitch .

On 07/09/2024 at 17:46, Spyro said:

Not one to go ref-bashing, I understand it's a hard job but Penicuik denied (what was maybe an undeserved) 3 points by the ref today. Booked Liam Hall for winning a nothing challenge whilst 2 yards away from the opposing player, then at 1-0 Penicuik the ref decides to book him again for another nothing challenge and Musselburgh typically score the spawniest goal from the free kick. Absolutely brutal decisions considering there wasnt a bad tackle made in the whole game

...considering they were missing Forbes at the back after another brutal referee during the week. It's almost like some of these guys have never witnessed a football match in person before the SFA give them a whistle now

The flip side of that is the fans who haven't so much as read the laws or kept up to date with them let alone refereed game, commenting on decisions - especially when footage later supports the ref. Of course there doesn't have to be a bad tackle for a player to receive a yellow card, but I'll await the highlights.

And I've just watched the video of Penicuik v Hutchie Vale in midweek and the referee seems to have got all four red cards correct so maybe have a look and reconsider if the referee was "brutal"...

23 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

With floodlights now being given permission to be installed at Central Park,the club now turns its attention to raising the funds to pay for them.

Plans afoot for fundraising schemes to achieve this.

3G pitch planned after they're up and in place.

Winning the Alex Jack Cup and then the shield for a Scottish Cup place would certainly be helpful...

Edited by Ginaro

22 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The flip side of that is the fans who haven't so much as read the laws or kept up to date with them let alone refereed game, commenting on decisions - especially when footage later supports the ref. Of course there doesn't have to be a bad tackle for a player to receive a yellow card, but I'll await the highlights.

And I've just watched the video of Penicuik v Hutchie Vale in midweek and the referee seems to have got all four red cards correct so maybe have a look and reconsider if the referee was "brutal"...

Winning the Alex Jack Cup and then the shield for a Scottish Cup place would certainly be helpful...

First I've seen of the Hutchie game, I was going by what other have told me. Wait until you see the state of the 2 bookings the boy got on Saturday and you will see my point though

Got along to the Sauchie v Dunipace match last night. I was expecting a bit of a fierce local derby with a bit of needle, some crunching tackles, the benches having a go at each other and the crowd being all over every decision. But I think years of Dunipace being in the West leagues means there is no rivalry... so for a derby under the lights it was rather tepid!

The game itself was decent. But other than a little 10/15 minute spell in each half where Dunipace looked good, Sauchie were well on top and 3-0 was probably just about a fair reflection of the play. 

Firstly, thanks for coming along @Jordi1977, there was a good sized crowd along last night but I have to say that I was expecting more, especially with there not being a game on the TV.

Anyway, I would have to agree and I think it's fair to say that we were on cruise control for most of the match and I always had the feeling that if we upped it slightly, we could have grabbed a couple more. You mentioned the lack of crunching tackles etc etc, i think it's credit to the jobs that Fraser Duncan and Danny Smith have done that there wasn't, I'm sure Dunipace can mix it up like we can but both teams were footballing sides that wanted to play rather than be over physical with each other.

Enjoyable evening that keeps the pressure on Jeanfield, just a pity we have another cup tie this weekend.

40 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Firstly, thanks for coming along @Jordi1977, there was a good sized crowd along last night but I have to say that I was expecting more, especially with there not being a game on the TV.

Anyway, I would have to agree and I think it's fair to say that we were on cruise control for most of the match and I always had the feeling that if we upped it slightly, we could have grabbed a couple more. You mentioned the lack of crunching tackles etc etc, i think it's credit to the jobs that Fraser Duncan and Danny Smith have done that there wasn't, I'm sure Dunipace can mix it up like we can but both teams were footballing sides that wanted to play rather than be over physical with each other.

Enjoyable evening that keeps the pressure on Jeanfield, just a pity we have another cup tie this weekend.

do you think this could be the year Sauchie win the league? Highly tipped last year but could never recover from miserable start.

I know nothing of the point deduction or of any registration breaches, so time will tell on that one. As for “certainly the chat at Beechwood last night” can’t say I heard any of that either, however what I would say is that there were a couple of articles about the new registration system posted on Facebook with no explanation. That kind of behaviour will always draw speculation, but it’s news to me.

As for the original question, I think we’ll be there or thereabouts this season, I’d be surprised if there was a better squad. We let ourselves down last year, this year seems to be different though, I think in the final third we have become a bit more direct and and a bit more clinical, and if we keep that up then I think we’ve got a chance. Long long way to go though, so don’t want to get too excited, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that our key players can stay on the park and not on the treatment table or in the stand.

3 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

I know nothing of the point deduction or of any registration breaches, so time will tell on that one. As for “certainly the chat at Beechwood last night” can’t say I heard any of that either, however what I would say is that there were a couple of articles about the new registration system posted on Facebook with no explanation. That kind of behaviour will always draw speculation, but it’s news to me.

As for the original question, I think we’ll be there or thereabouts this season, I’d be surprised if there was a better squad. We let ourselves down last year, this year seems to be different though, I think in the final third we have become a bit more direct and and a bit more clinical, and if we keep that up then I think we’ve got a chance. Long long way to go though, so don’t want to get too excited, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that our key players can stay on the park and not on the treatment table or in the stand.

I've noticed the shares of the article from the Thornton boss complaining about Comet and get the impression the two are linked.

A certain festively-nicknamed First Division 'director of football' was quite openly discussing it with anyone that would listen before the game. Was also a fella from Sauchie quite loudly talking about it with one of the Dunipace guys when the teams were out warming up.

Edited by General Dread

3 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

do you think this could be the year Sauchie win the league? Highly tipped last year but could never recover from miserable start.

I'm a broken record,but I think Jeanfield will win the league this season, with Musselburgh, Sauchie and The Haws chasing them closely. Didn't think of the latter, but they've been impressive lately. 

22 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

I'm a broken record,but I think Jeanfield will win the league this season, with Musselburgh, Sauchie and The Haws chasing them closely. Didn't think of the latter, but they've been impressive lately. 

Less Perthshire derby games will help but Jeanfield always seem to tail off in the spring especially under the lights. 

Hopefully i am proved wrong but they seem to always be in the running early on then fall away.

On 12/09/2024 at 14:59, General Dread said:

Seems unlikely as they are apparently about to get hit with a 15pt deduction for registration breaches.

After some digging, I believe the club are facing a 6 point deduction, however a decision has not been made yet and could open up a can of worms which affects many clubs at many levels.

On 14/09/2024 at 14:57, Dislocated Boy said:

After some digging, I believe the club are facing a 6 point deduction, however a decision has not been made yet and could open up a can of worms which affects many clubs at many levels.

out a cup also due to same issue