Highland League 2024-25

On 19/10/2024 at 17:33, Weird Fishes said:

Rothes look as if they’re back to where they were about 10 year ago. Absolutely tragic result. 

The chance of a licensed Tier 6 winner is diminishing by the week so it will be nothing other than the wooden spoon. 

Tayport and Lochee are 4th and 5th respectively. Golspie are sitting in 5th and Fort William are down in 8th having just been smoked 5-1 by Bonar Bridge.

6 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The chance of a licensed Tier 6 winner is diminishing by the week so it will be nothing other than the wooden spoon. 

Tayport and Lochee are 4th and 5th respectively. Golspie are sitting in 5th and Fort William are down in 8th having just been smoked 5-1 by Bonar Bridge.

That could change rapidly, Lochee United would be a point off the lead if they win their 2 games in hand. 

On 19/09/2024 at 19:09, theoriginalhedge said:

It wasn't difficult to get angry with those match officials last night. Not one of them wanted to make any important decisions , just f**ked about with the usual petty bookings for players talking back after being denied stone wall free kicks . 

The ref lost control after the first real challenge of the game . 

I watched this game, to pin that on the ref is honking. Two teams that cried at every coming together, two benches that treated every tackle like it was assault. Maybe if they had both tried to play football, it would have made for much more entertainment. Once Brechin started doing that in the second half, they were convincing winners.

19 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Buckie did similar last season. 

The pyramid system is a farce

Brora like Buckie are only "entry" level licenced so currently aren't eligible for promotion to League 2.

Only BoD and Brechin are "bronze" level licenced in the HL.

That may change by the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So long as Brora get their application in for a period of grace by March, they'd be fine. No point in spending the money and time on upgrading to Bronze until they know they're going up. 

Brora won't be going up because even if they win their 2 games in hand they will still be second, unless your maths is different from mine, I still fancy Brechin to win the HL and give it a real good go in the play off.

24 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

Brora won't be going up because even if they win their 2 games in hand they will still be second, unless your maths is different from mine, I still fancy Brechin to win the HL and give it a real good go in the play off.

You're assuming Brechin will score maximum points from their remaining fixtures when they just got beat by Forres. Brechin are favourites but it would just take a few injuries and a run of bad form for Brora to overtake them.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You're assuming Brechin will score maximum points from their remaining fixtures when they just got beat by Forres. Brechin are favourites but it would just take a few injuries and a run of bad form for Brora to overtake them.

I think Brechin will do it

2 hours ago, kevsmart said:

My maths may be different from yours too. Mine tell me we're in the tenth month, and there are still about  six to go.

Anything could happen (though I wouldn't put any money on Brora).

22 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

My maths may be different from yours too. Mine tell me we're in the tenth month, and there are still about  six to go.

Anything could happen (though I wouldn't put any money on Brora).

You never know , there might even be an automatic promotion spot come the end of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

SPFL short of one club through liquidation, and no licensed LL winner?

I’m not too clued up on the licences, but I don’t think it would take much for Caley Braves to get themselves a license. I think if they added those wee standing cabins that Cove use, they’d probably end up fine. 

FWIW, East Kilbride will win the Lowland League and IC&T will still exist in 12 months time - not sure in which league though.

1 hour ago, Weird Fishes said:

I’m not too clued up on the licences, but I don’t think it would take much for Caley Braves to get themselves a license. I think if they added those wee standing cabins that Cove use, they’d probably end up fine. 

FWIW, East Kilbride will win the Lowland League and IC&T will still exist in 12 months time - not sure in which league though.

With big Dunc willing to work for free and being the first to be punted I really do fear for ICT

8 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Brora like Buckie are only "entry" level licenced so currently aren't eligible for promotion to League 2.

Only BoD and Brechin are "bronze" level licenced in the HL.

That may change by the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

So long as Brora get their application in for a period of grace by March, they'd be fine. No point in spending the money and time on upgrading to Bronze until they know they're going up. 

Yeah the licensing doesn’t mean a great deal at this stage of the season. If Brora want to go up they’ll get the license in time, unlike Buckie.