Highland League 2024-25

Aye Rothes will be bottom of the pile for me.  They've had some shockers pre season and don't look like they're going to get much better.

Think it will be Banks o' Dee this season. With Strathspey looking like they're making improvements, could be squeaky bum time for a few clubs come the end of the season... Rothes and Vale potentially

If Brora can get Shane Sutherland fit they could be tasty next season, with Andy McRae coming back in from the cold, those 2 and Jordan MacRae should be a formidable trio up top.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

If Brora can get Shane Sutherland fit they could be tasty next season, with Andy McRae coming back in from the cold, those 2 and Jordan MacRae should be a formidable trio up top.

Yup. People have been hasty in writing off Buckie as well imo, they looked strong against Falkirk, for the first half anyway before they tired. Intriguing season at the top as well as lower down.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup. People have been hasty in writing off Buckie as well imo, they looked strong against Falkirk, for the first half anyway before they tired. Intriguing season at the top as well as lower down.

They still have Peters, MacAskill and I believe Kevin Fraser is training again. They’ll still score a barrow full.

What's does everyone think the best away day in the league is?

Considering doing a wee road trip, getting a bnb somewhere at some point during the season. I've been to Brechin, Clach and Nairn, so somewhere different would be good.

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Considering doing a wee road trip, getting a bnb somewhere at some point during the season. I've been to Brechin, Clach and Nairn, so somewhere different would be good.

Thanks in advance.

If the weather's nice the beach at Lossiemouth makes it a bit special, ok for restaurants and bars too. I like the drive up to Wick and the mental 3D pitch.

27 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Thanks in advance.

Nairn is my favourite but seeing as you said you'd been there, I'd go for Strathspey Thistle. Grantown is a lovely wee town

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If the weather's nice the beach at Lossiemouth makes it a bit special, ok for restaurants and bars too. I like the drive up to Wick and the mental 3D pitch.

29 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Nairn is my favourite but seeing as you said you'd been there, I'd go for Strathspey Thistle. Grantown is a lovely wee town

Cheers! Some good ideas.

Wick seems a trek, but could make a few days of it and have a night somewhere on the way too.

I loved Nairn, some good pubs. We even managed to catch the end of the Rangers game in Uncle Bob's (is that name right?) and they conceded a late equaliser to whoever they were playing. I'm not sure the regulars enjoyed that, but I certainly did!

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Cheers! Some good ideas.

Wick seems a trek, but could make a few days of it and have a night somewhere on the way too.

I loved Nairn, some good pubs. We even managed to catch the end of the Rangers game in Uncle Bob's (is that name right?) and they conceded a late equaliser to whoever they were playing. I'm not sure the regulars enjoyed that, but I certainly did!

Aye that’ll be Unble Bobs. It’s more staunch than the Louden. I genuinely think every single person who likes football in Nairn is a ***. I know a load of Nairnites and they all are.

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye that’ll be Unble Bobs. It’s more staunch than the Louden. I genuinely think every single person who likes football in Nairn is a ***. I know a load of Nairnites and they all are.

They need to add an extra layer of hilarious banter to the town's own clubs' rivalry to drum up (as it were) more interest. County = establishment team, clearly; St Ninian's = suspiciously non-Rangersy name. Bingo! Instant 1000% increase in crowds... 

and Buckfast consumption.

Edited by Bad Wolf

On 25/07/2024 at 12:49, houston_bud said:

Thanks in advance.

Lossie not a bad shout from others. Depends what you're after really. If you want things to do outside the football then Deveronvale might be a good shout as villages nearby like Cullen, Crovie and Pennan are well worth a visit. Keith is my favourite for a day on the piss. Start in Fife Keith and crawl your way up to the ground with plenty of bakeries and takeaways en route. All the pubs seem to stay open until about 3am too. Some place.

15 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Lossie not a bad shout from others. Depends what you're after really. If you want things to do outside the football then Deveronvale might be a good shout as villages nearby like Cullen, Crovie and Pennan are well worth a visit. Keith is my favourite for a day on the piss. Start in Fife Keith and crawl your way up to the ground with plenty of bakeries and takeaways en route. All the pubs seem to stay open until about 3am too. Some place.

I don't mind Keith apart from the trek up to the railway station from the ground, but you're the first person I've heard saying anything nice about it. :lol:

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Keith sounds right up my street. My Mrs might prefer Deveronvale and a wee trip to the coast for some Cullen Skink mind you. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Keith sounds right up my street. My Mrs might prefer Deveronvale and a wee trip to the coast for some Cullen Skink mind you. 

Skink are out-of-season. None caught at this time of year.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't mind Keith apart from the trek up to the railway station from the ground, but you're the first person I've heard saying anything nice about it. :lol:

I've always thought Keith has an undeserved reputation. Love the place.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Keith isn't that far from Cullen either so you could always head there, Bow Fiddle Rock, Findlater Castle etc. on the Sunday. There is also the whisky train to Dufftown if you're into that and Keith itself has three distilleries.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

I've always thought Keith has an undeserved reputation. Love the place.

Keith isn't that far from Cullen either so you could always head there, Bow Fiddle Rock, Findlater Castle etc. on the Sunday. There is also the whisky train to Dufftown if you're into that and Keith itself has three distilleries.

Sounds class, might just move there!

Edited by houston_bud

Wee thought that popped into my head; which league would the respective clubs drop into from the HL if the play-off was lost.

Answers on a postcard to: Why does my brain worry about these type of things?

Would it be NCL as North Juniors is as it says on the tin; juniors? 🤔