El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does that mean you don't understand it as it stands?

Seems strange.

Yeah you've lost me, you are basically suggesting there should be no rivalry in football which is woke nonsense if I'm honest. 

3 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Scotland do get battered everywhere they go, tbf.

Cyprus? Malta? Iceland? They tremble when they hear Scotland are coming. We should only play island nations.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah you've lost me, you are basically suggesting there should be no rivalry in football which is woke nonsense if I'm honest. 

No I'm not.

Rivalry is healthy.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We're much closer in standard to Annan that Scotland is to England.

England haven't defeated us in our last two competitive matches. 

Spoiler

Stopped at 2 because even numbers are cool and going to 4 takes us back to a period of time where everyone playing is retired.  

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's interesting, because I've never struggled to understand the way you're regarded on here.

Touché.

Spoiler

People still don’t like you though.

4 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Northern Ireland and Ireland have battered us in recent memory too.

There’s always an exception to the rule.

Losing 1-0 is hardly battered. That’s a light nudge.

I couldn't possibly begrudge the Nigels being delighted if they win - we would be if it was us, and so would people from any country.  It's the utter freaks who are Scottish but support England and think the English football team doing well is some vindication of their politics that I really want to be feeling upset.

9 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Handy map of countries to have battered Scotland since 2020:

image.png.12927eb6001bfe9ab9b563b3df328ca7.png

edit - Interestingly, the trail of batterings actually spans the entire continent.

What was the score in the Scotland v Scotland match? 

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We're much closer in standard to Annan that Scotland is to England.

Queen and England have won 8 out of the last 12 matches in both cases so "much closer" is stretching things but that's not the point. The point is that In your case there only are only 12

You've hardly played against each other and up until relatively recently you weren't even in the same league, never mind the same division.

There simply hasn't been time for a culture of rivalry to develop in Edinburgh people too young to remember these things directly know about "5-1", "7-1", "22 in a row", "6-2", "10-2", administration and an unconscious Pat Stanton pissing himself in his own taxi. 

And you personally always seem far more concerned with telling everybody how you much you dislike Rangers than saying anything about Annan

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Handy map of countries to have battered Scotland since 2020:

image.png.12927eb6001bfe9ab9b563b3df328ca7.png

edit - Interestingly, the trail of batterings actually spans the entire continent.

Not quite your still  missing the caucuses so I'm afraid that's not Blockbusters

Bob Holness

the "teams Scotland have beaten" map actually includes the caucuses but rather embarrassingly we haven't beaten France or Germany and haven't even played against Italy so there's an even bigger gap in the middle between Liechtenstein and Andorra

image.png.3cd8bd239c69997a8ca889cc9cb2c3b3.png

Our forthcoming nations league fixtures against Poland might help towards building a north south chain on either map
Croatia is already on the first one but could conceivably be a step towards connecting Austria to Georgia on the second. The Portugal games make no difference at all

As with diplomacy everything is made more complex by the Balkans

Ultimately this is a really difficult game even for the big sides until Russia is back in play

If any readers are too young to remember Bob Holness then don't worry this post isn't for you

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And you personally always seem far more concerned with telling everybody how you much you dislike Rangers than saying anything about Annan.

Of course I do.

What sort of a person dislikes a local side more than the OF?

People suggesting we should just accept they're going to win and get on with it. Not on your or anyone else's Nelly, whoever she is. The joy of seeing Linekar, Wright, Ally McCoist, Rio Ferdinand, that bloke that wears the funny glasses, Ben Shephard, the bloke that does Lingo(except when famous people are on), Harry Kane, Hey Jude, Jordan Pickford, faces at fulltime or in the coming days after Spain have humped them will fuel my happiness until the day I shuffle off this earth and the other alternative I just cannot contemplate. It's not anti english bias on my part. I happily cheer on their Golfers. Tennis players, Athletes etc against any other nation than Scotland but I will never ever wish their football team to win a football match(unless as unlikely as it may seem they play Russia anytime in the future.)

5 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

People suggesting we should just accept they're going to win and get on with it. Not on your or anyone else's Nelly, whoever she is. The joy of seeing Linekar, Wright, Ally McCoist, Rio Ferdinand, that bloke that wears the funny glasses, Ben Shephard, the bloke that does Lingo(except when famous people are on), Harry Kane, Hey Jude, Jordan Pickford, faces at fulltime or in the coming days after Spain have humped them will fuel my happiness until the day I shuffle off this earth and the other alternative I just cannot contemplate. It's not anti english bias on my part. I happily cheer on their Golfers. Tennis players, Athletes etc against any other nation than Scotland but I will never ever wish their football team to win a football match(unless as unlikely as it may seem they play Russia anytime in the future.)

Pathetic.  Imagine wanting them to beat Russia