England's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be England's next permanent manager?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Why is/was that important?

They'll be playing Spain or Brazil, not Ipswich Town.

I'm not sure if it is/was, it was just an observation.

28 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Why is/was that important?

They'll be playing Spain or Brazil, not Ipswich Town.

Maybe to better understand the players' mentality/attitude?  Same for fans and media.

The next one will be deemed a failure if he wins nothing. It's a poisoned chalice imo.

If a Scotland manager gets us to 2 finals he would will be a hero.    

I'm a simple man, I don't ask for much in life, roof over my head, some food in my belly, safety of my loved ones, but...

12 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I beg of whatever deity or higher power there may exist, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE let Schteve give a trademark "press conference in local accent" in his unveiling in Lagos.

Also, not enough Neil Francis Lennon option in the poll.

41 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Edward 'Eddie Howe' Howard has been backed into favourite with da bookies.

Another boring bloke. 

Is Mad Frankie Fraser still alive!? 

Get him in. 

At the risk of sounding gammony I don’t think foreign managers should be allowed in international football and should match the same criteria as players do.

Always amusing to hear people claiming the likes of Koop or Pep are guaranteed winners. Both are chequebook managers. Unfortunately they cannot spend £500 million to buy a goalkeeper or striker when managing England. P*ickford is still the best they’ve got

Edited by CambieBud

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If it's an English manager it'll be an out of work one - Seethey G or Fat Frank would be FAF - but Graeme Potter is probably the sensible option.

Did Gerrard get sacked? Genuine question, I assumed he was still at Al-Ettifaq?

3 hours ago, throbber said:

At the risk of sounding gammony I don’t think foreign managers should be allowed in international football and should match the same criteria as players do.

Declan Rice is a foreigner.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Always amusing to hear people claiming the likes of Koop or Pep are guaranteed winners. Both are chequebook managers. Unfortunately they cannot spend £500 million to buy a goalkeeper or striker when managing England. P*ickford is still the best they’ve got

I think they would both make England much better but it won’t happen. Just a quick google search suggests Southgate’s salary was £5 million and Pep makes just under £20 million so I think that would comfortably rule him and Klopp of the running. Southgate was also the highest paid coach at the Euros.

Gerrard and Lampard are ludicrous shouts as well. Not sure which one is the most absurd. I’d imagine Gerrard would be turned on the quickest out of the two on account of him being scouse but Franks managerial record is laughable. 

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Declan Rice is a foreigner.

That’s a bit of a stretch considering it’s his grandparents who were Irish.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

That’s a bit of a stretch considering it’s his grandparents who were Irish.

He's as cold as rice. 

8 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Maybe to better understand the players' mentality/attitude?  Same for fans and media.

Well, non-English managers have been able to understand the players well enough to dominate the English game for decades. It's so long since an English manager won the top division that only pub-quiz addicts can remember who he was.