Scottish Cup Draws

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

As said in the Domestic Cup thread, one fears another dose of Mick Kennedy and his gubby pal Ferry incoming as the TV pick of this round. What a thought that is.

Help ma boab-the return of the Love Sojurs 😱😂💥

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

As said in the Domestic Cup thread, one fears another dose of Mick Kennedy and his gubby pal Ferry incoming as the TV pick of this round. What a thought that is.

That looks like the standout game. I would hope that the appetite for the wisdom of Mick has abated.

1 minute ago, ATFC said:

That looks like the standout game. I would hope that the appetite for the wisdom of Mick has abated.

Hopefully but you know what BBC Scotland are like. They usually do a wee thing on the teams before the match and at HT. It's great when it's a wee team like Dalkeith on Friday but really hope they realise that that pair getting any more airtime will go down like a cup of cold sick with Scottish football fans.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Hopefully but you know what BBC Scotland are like. They usually do a wee thing on the teams before the match and at HT. It's great when it's a wee team like Dalkeith on Friday but really hope they realise that that pair getting any more airtime will go down like a cup of cold sick with Scottish football fans.

Yup, a couple of Fanny's and I hope they swerve that tie completely for the telly. 

I'd love to see Beechwood under the Friday night floodlights but I don't think we'd be desperate to move the game. 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Outside of friendlies and exhibition matches, and without checking history, this could be the first time Threave and Stranraer have met competitively.

I can't imagine 2 Galloway clubs have played against one another in the Scottish. So should be a massive occasion, hopefully fully covered by the local press and Border TV.

:unsure:

Threave and Stranraer met in the Scottish Cup in 1987-88 (finished 0-6 at Rovers). They'll also have met in the Southern Counties Cup many times. There'll have been numerous Galloway cup-ties e.g. since WWII:

25 Sep 1954     R2     St Cuthbert 4-2 Whithorn

20 Dec 1969     P2     Stranraer 2-2 St Cuthbert
25 Dec 1969     P2r   St Cuthbert 0-5 Stranraer

5 Dec 1970     P1     St Cuthbert 1-3 Stranraer

5 Dec 1987     R1     Threave 0-6 Stranraer

23 Oct 2010     R2     Stranraer (nine) 9-0 St Cuthbert

22 Oct 2011     R2     Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-9 (nine) Stranraer

18 Sep 2021     R1     Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-8 (eight) St Cuthbert

etc.

1 hour ago, ATFC said:

Yup, a couple of Fanny's and I hope they swerve that tie completely for the telly. 

I'd love to see Beechwood under the Friday night floodlights but I don't think we'd be desperate to move the game. 

Not going to happen with Broxburn having featured in the previous round. We keep hearing about how tidy the set up is at Threave. Michael Stewart should take his awful co-commentating patter there. It's got the intrigue of a (kind of) derby and is likely to be a closer match than Dalkeith V Broxburn was ever going to be.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

:unsure:

Threave and Stranraer met in the Scottish Cup in 1987-88 (finished 0-6 at Rovers). They'll also have met in the Southern Counties Cup many times. There'll have been numerous Galloway cup-ties e.g. since WWII:

25 Sep 1954     R2     St Cuthbert 4-2 Whithorn

20 Dec 1969     P2     Stranraer 2-2 St Cuthbert
25 Dec 1969     P2r   St Cuthbert 0-5 Stranraer

5 Dec 1970     P1     St Cuthbert 1-3 Stranraer

5 Dec 1987     R1     Threave 0-6 Stranraer

23 Oct 2010     R2     Stranraer (nine) 9-0 St Cuthbert

22 Oct 2011     R2     Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-9 (nine) Stranraer

18 Sep 2021     R1     Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-8 (eight) St Cuthbert

etc.

cheers I knew your good self would know. I'm not a local only living here since 2018. 

I would say Threave are probably at their strongest in many a year.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Not going to happen with Broxburn having featured in the previous round. We keep hearing about how tidy the set up is at Threave. Michael Stewart should take his awful co-commentating patter there. It's got the intrigue of a (kind of) derby and is likely to be a closer match than Dalkeith V Broxburn was ever going to be.

I'm not convinced with a TV game. Big issue is weekday roadworks in A75; road closed overnight at Mossyard and Auchenlarie till November 3rd, that will affect any travellers from the west.

The detours are belters; check this out.

FB_IMG_1727721358502.thumb.jpg.cbfd1e33cbae3a3295b010085b8455b2.jpg

Not sure would want the BBC fannies there either. Obviously it's not up to me, no idea how the club would feel about it.

10 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Threave v Stranraer is an intriguing one as said above too.Fantastic local derby!

Derby? They're fifty five miles apart! That's more than Methil to Stirling. E Fife vs the Binos is hardly a derby.

7 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Anybody got any idea as what game will get the TV cameras?

have they ever been further north than Brechin City for these early-round games? they seem to neglect the Highland League sides quite badly for these matches. 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'm not convinced with a TV game. Big issue is weekday roadworks in A75; road closed overnight at Mossyard and Auchenlarie till November 3rd, that will affect any travellers from the west.

The detours are belters; check this out.

Not sure would want the BBC fannies there either. Obviously it's not up to me, no idea how the club would feel about it.

No, you're absolutely right. There's no sense in courting TV coverage and the publicity and exposure that come with it. 

Spoiler

Nbc No GIF by Law & Order

45 minutes ago, ATFC said:

have they ever been further north than Brechin City for these early-round games? they seem to neglect the Highland League sides quite badly for these matches. 

Sucks for them but reality is that sport on the BBC Scotland channel runs on a shoestring budget. The build guys that rig the places up go all over Britain too so costs far more getting them up north. Central belt clubs are far more logistically straightforward and will likely have bigger crowds and better viewing figures. Not ideal but that's the reality.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

No, you're absolutely right. There's no sense in courting TV coverage and the publicity and exposure that come with it. 

Hide contents

Nbc No GIF by Law & Order

Just as well I'm no involved with the club then. 😁😁😁😁

Can't be doing with all the idiots that would show up because the cameras are there. Bah and humbug.

Friday nights are for going to the u20 games.

A View From the Terrace were there 2 years ago when they moved west. And yes I was there and I was on camera a few times.