Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

In the grand scheme of things this result doesn't matter. The end result next May is what matters.

We've had Partick fans creaming their knickers after an opening day win along with other non entities getting excited early on in recent years.

The Dee now have the experience to walk away from defeat here against a side with a higher budget and still carve out a great season. What will be will be in this game but more than confident of finishing above Utd this season.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Is this true?

Shame if so. One of the best elements of the Dundee derby compared to others is the large support from the opposition fans in both stadiums.

Think so. The fair play and the kerr is about 1950ish.

It's one of those ones, demand way exceeds supply, especially with the whole first game of season factor.

Both teams could probably easily sold twice as many if the capacity was there.

10 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Uhm well no you weren't factual, your post wasn't factual from the first line. 

I thought you were confident of your teams ability over United? You're already changing your tune which I thought as much. What about 10 points ahead of United then, surely not too much to ask for?

I'm not taking any one off match bets, the only way to judge a teams ability is over the course of a season hence why I offered this type of bet considering all the noise you were making... 

As has been said - you think we are pish but that we will comfortably finish above you? Where does that leave Utd?

Even if we finished 10 points ahead of you at the split I’d not be confident if we were top 6 and you bottom as the league format precludes accurate point split betting. 

I’ve offered you a generous £100 charity bet that we finish above you but you won’t take it - this offer will remain open until the first game kicks off -  so let’s leave it at that.

Whilst I agree the opening game is a horror show for betting on plus there business to be done in advance but my offer remains open even just to add a bit of fun. 

Since your call for me to put my money where my mouth is I feel I have done so - I do however feel you’ve stitched your mouth to your arsehole and are waffling shite to avoid doing the same.

TL:DR? Both bet offers are on the table, you have blatantly shat it,  and are speaking shite to avoid committing any money. 

Thank you 

11 hours ago, mungo said:

The United squad looks absolute shite on paper and Dundee should horse them. However with a derby you can never predict the outcome.. 

With this one  you usually very much can

The fact that first league game of the season is the derby, is massively compelling.  Given the ongoing grumbles about Goodwin, if this ended up with a comfortable Dundee win, then the calls for Goodwin’s head would likely come after the 1st game….which is mad, but I think that could be where we’ll be.

As a United fan I’m not particularly confident of a result. I don’t know how United will measure up come kick off.  Dundee looked pretty good last year, and from the limited I saw played some nice football at times.  The lad Ferry, and the 2 North Macedonians look like they could all be a fun watch for us, but not sure how effective or consistent they’ll be against top league teams.

In any case, it’s great to have the derby back.  10th and safe (or better) come end of season is my United target this year.  The Dundee derby results won’t necessarilly define success or failure in that objective, but they’re the ones that bring huge noise, excitement, bragging rights, full stadiums and are the games we’ll all look forward to the most through the season.  Can’t wait.

40 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Is this true?

Shame if so. One of the best elements of the Dundee derby compared to others is the large support from the opposition fans in both stadiums.

Agree with this- unfortunately Utd have gone a bit “Old firm”.

I also understand it to an extent - the stand that’s your spiritual home being filled with your hated rivals was a bit of a minter and fans were raging - I would hate handing the Derry to you. It’s just unfortunate only Dundee get this treatment while you’re happy for the other bigger clubs to get the full allocation.

Club takes a bit of a financial hit as it’s never ever sold out as result despite claims to the contrary and means less people overall get to enjoy the spectacle - but more DABs do and if that’s the clubs priority and they are happy to take the hit who can grudge them it.  

Feels a bit weird having a Derby on the opening day. I'm sure we've played Hearts on the opening day before as well. Doubt they would ever have the old firm doing it.

Anyway looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, foxinperu said:

In any case, it’s great to have the derby back.  10th and safe (or better) come end of season is my United target this year.  The Dundee derby results won’t necessarilly define success or failure in that objective, but they’re the ones that bring huge noise, excitement, bragging rights, full stadiums and are the games we’ll all look forward to the most through the season.  Can’t wait.

Not for me. You're a pack of arseholes and sitting in the stadium with you lot isn't something I look forward to. There won't be a full stadium either due to your clubs pricing.

Hibs away a couple weeks after the derby is one I'm looking forward to more. Dingwall always a good day out aswell. Don't flatter yourself.

Thank you.

I would also say this is not close to being the best Derby in Scotland. Due to the amount of morons who crossed over the road from Dens to Tannadice there's a real lack of bite. At least the Edinburgh and Glasgow sides have a sense of belonging to one club spanning through the generations.

Thank You.

1 minute ago, Gibby82 said:

It's way more than that. Fair Play alone holds 1400. Your allocation must be about 3200. 

You still got that silly ABBA hairstyle perched on your nut? Hopefully time has taken its toll on that.

Thank you?

5 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

The oil baron is splashing the cash. Dundee fans must be 6-2 their stomachs.

This is the worst patter I’ve ever encountered. It was bad way back when it happened - it’s worse now. 

13 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A repeat of this, please.  At least 7 of that squad are still at Utd so a repeat is not that outlandish imo.

No thank you.

Thank you

32 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Agree with this- unfortunately Utd have gone a bit “Old firm”.

I also understand it to an extent - the stand that’s your spiritual home being filled with your hated rivals was a bit of a minter and fans were raging - I would hate handing the Derry to you. It’s just unfortunate only Dundee get this treatment while you’re happy for the other bigger clubs to get the full allocation.

Club takes a bit of a financial hit as it’s never ever sold out as result despite claims to the contrary and means less people overall get to enjoy the spectacle - but more DABs do and if that’s the clubs priority and they are happy to take the hit who can grudge them it.  

If we've got the Shed, you can still have the Jerry Kerr and Fait Play, which is about 3500+ tickets though.