Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

I dunno if saying I enjoyed that is the right words but it's something along those lines.

First half we were absolutely stinking, as covered wing backs looked suspect as f**k, Sylla had his worst performance for us by a country mile, Mccowan and Cameron anonymous - SPH's goal was the only thing of note I think we did. 

Second half starts the same  - I've not seen it back but how the f**k do they end up 1 on 1 when Cameron has to clear it? Embarrassing. Tiffoney comes on as Mccowan starts to get going and from then I think we were the better team. 

United were better than I expected tbh - I'd said to colleagues during the week I thought it'd be a draw but I did think we were gonna win. The Macedonians guys have got a lot of the credit but I thought Ferry looked just as impressive too. 

Overall slightly disappointed leaving to not have stolen it but I'd have bitten your hand off to just blow the whistle as soon as we equalised so I think a draw was fair. I'll silently resent Curtis Main forever though for missing what would have been one of the biggest scenes moments in my Dundee supporting life. 

Edited by Louis Litt

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I dunno if saying I enjoyed that is the right words but it's something along those lines.

First half we were absolutely stinking, as covered wing backs looked suspect as f**k, Sylla had his worst performance for us by a country mile, Mccowan and Cameron anonymous - SPH's goal was the only thing of note I think we did. 

Second half starts the same  - I've not seen it back but how the f**k do they end up 1 on 1 when Cameron has to clear it? Embarrassing. Tiffoney comes on as Mccowan starts to get going and from then I think we were the better team. 

United were better than I expected tbh - I'd said to colleagues during the week I thought it'd be a draw but I did think we were gonna win. The Macedonians guys have got a lot of the credit but I thought Ferry looked just as impressive too. 

Overall slightly disappointed leaving to not have stolen it but I'd have bitten your hand off to just blow the whistle as soon as we equalised so I think a draw was fair. I'll silently resent Curtis Main forever though for missing what would have been one of the biggest scenes moments in my Dundee supporting life. 

My mate said to me after the game that that miss just sums up Curtis Main's Dundee career. I wish I'd been faster with my reply, but I should have said, 'I think that just sums up Curtis Main as a player overall.'

4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Your fellow Dees will be calling you butter soon 

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought Goodwin was fair in his post match assessment as well, so fair play to him.

Until he started saying that we were all throwing coins at him - didn't notice anything of the sort.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My mate said to me after the game that that miss just sums up Curtis Main's Dundee career. I wish I'd been faster with my reply, but I should have said, 'I think that just sums up Curtis Main as a player overall.'

He's the one I'd have wanted that to fall to the least. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's United's goal music again? Perfect balance of being annoying as f**k as you have to listen to it after you conceded but also then annoyingly stays in your head for the rest of the day.

Falkirk and Amarillo-esque.

32 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

That was some effort by Cameron to clear that. No wonder he was absolutely raging at your defence.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

I've not seen it back but how the f**k do they end up 1 on 1 when Cameron has to clear it?

I think it was Cameron and Sylla caught ball watching and ended up wandering towards the ball bouncing about in the box, while Trapanovski went the opposite way. Can’t remember if it was at that one or a corner, but Sylla didn’t look too happy at being told he was to stay back for one. Made me notice just how tall the Dundee team was. 

edit - Sportscene do quite well and show the whole incident unfolding 

Edited by PSJ.84

5 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Stop talking pish man

I was at the game so no replays. It looked like it could have been handball so a genuine question, which lots of decent United supporters replied to. Not you though, you’re special. 

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Until he started saying that we were all throwing coins at him - didn't notice anything of the sort.

So he's made that up then? Really?

46 minutes ago, Comrie said:

That was some effort by Cameron to clear that. No wonder he was absolutely raging at your defence.

Being one on one with a keeper like that Trapanovski should be ensuring Cameron had no chance to clear it.  Doubt he’ll get a bigger head start for a one on one with a keeper all season.  

Edited by Shadow Play