Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Your take on that game yesterday, where we dominated you for around an hour, without a doubt had the better chances,where you needed a penalty to equalise, and where you've admitted that you escaped with a point, is that your team are a better team than us? 🤣

Wow, talk about deelusional. 😲

What are you cooking fella? 🤣🤣

I’ve never seen a team dominate with 37% possession before but here we are. It was an even game - to suggest Utd “dominated” is a wild take. Regardless - games last 90 mins champ. 

The draw was about right and it speaks volumes Goodwin was happy with the draw while Tony Doc wanted more - Utd were on the ropes at the end and had no plan B when Doc changed it. 

I was unaware penalties were somehow not as valid as goals from open play so thanks for teaching me that…

I think Dundee are a better side at the moment - not much in it on the park and I have already said Utd looked better than I thought as unlike you I’m not a deluded biased halfwit -  but looking at both benches it’s fairly apparent we have a stronger squad and that played out on the park as the game wore on. If and when injuries start to racking up Utd really don’t have much depth - the season is a marathon -  not a sprint. 

Both sides will be fine this season I think. Was impressed with Utd in that first half. Goodwin deserves credit for how well he set up and Docherty conceded he thought Utd were the better side in first half too (couldn’t disagree really). Game could have been out of sight but then we looked like winning it as the second half went on. However both teams still had chances. A real proper match, two decent top flight sides who will strengthen. I actually thought Utd defended very well until we started to get in behind. Tiffoney made a huge difference. Hate the 90 mins of a derby but glad it’s back. Game of the weekend, as it usually always is. 

💙🧡

Get this sensible chat in the f**kin sea!

"You played better"

"No, you did"

"No, you did"

"No, you"

"No, you"

525A47D3-61C5-457A-81CA-E027B9540515.gif.0b5239460d8a2577d7924cea0120fd85.gif

Till next time motherf**kers.

f**k the DABs.

Edited by johnnydun

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Get this sensible chat in the f**kin sea!

"You played better"

"No, you did"

"No, you did"

"No, you"

"No, you"

525A47D3-61C5-457A-81CA-E027B9540515.gif.0b5239460d8a2577d7924cea0120fd85.gif

Till next time motherf**kers.

f**k the DABs.

Jumping Stone Island GIF by Refresj

59 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I’ve never seen a team dominate with 37% possession before but here we are. It was an even game - to suggest Utd “dominated” is a wild take. Regardless - games last 90 mins champ. 

The draw was about right and it speaks volumes Goodwin was happy with the draw while Tony Doc wanted more - Utd were on the ropes at the end and had no plan B when Doc changed it. 

I was unaware penalties were somehow not as valid as goals from open play so thanks for teaching me that…

I think Dundee are a better side at the moment - not much in it on the park and I have already said Utd looked better than I thought as unlike you I’m not a deluded biased halfwit -  but looking at both benches it’s fairly apparent we have a stronger squad and that played out on the park as the game wore on. If and when injuries start to racking up Utd really don’t have much depth - the season is a marathon -  not a sprint. 

Goodwin said he was disappointed with the point when asked. 🤷

Just you make things up to suit the narrative though 🤣

We could have been 4-1 up in that first half, and certainly should have been 3-1 up. 

The last half hour, you guys were on top but didn't really look like scoring imo. The penalty got you out of jail. But you could and should have won it at the death. 

Edited by Groot

1 minute ago, Groot said:

Goodwin said he was disappointed with the point when asked. 🤷

Just you make things up to suit the narrative though 🤣

IMG_2319.thumb.jpeg.7acd942b434fab6c7d6e08cac9596a1f.jpeg

Goodwin - “I’m pleased with the point”

Doc - “I’m probably not content with a point”

Thank you

IMG_2320.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Groot said:

We could have been 4-1 up in that first half, and certainly should have been 3-1 up. 

The last half hour, you guys were on top but didn't really look like scoring imo. The penalty got you out of jail. But you could and should have won it at the death. 

But you weren’t 4-1 or 3-1 up were you?  You certainly should not have been 3-1 up in the first half - you had a string of half chances ffs. 

We drew 2-2 and Dundee missed the best chance of the game.

Get the shed shades aff - the overwhelming consensus is it was an end to end, even game - then there’s you saying Utd dominated and should have won 4-1 - absolute roaster. 

Goals change games, chances don't. Either team score at the right time and then they go on to win it.

Knife edge stuff and a very enjoyable game. United planned it well but will be interesting to see what they can do with the ball. I hope they're eye bleedingly awful with it.

54 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

IMG_2319.thumb.jpeg.7acd942b434fab6c7d6e08cac9596a1f.jpeg

Goodwin - “I’m pleased with the point”

Doc - “I’m probably not content with a point”

Thank you

IMG_2320.jpeg

Thank you

Screenshot_20240805-162404_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240805-162404_X.jpg

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

Have to say that it’s pleasing that the quality of the post match comments on this thread (overall) is significantly higher than those these that came in the run up.

You spoke too soon. 

If it helps, there is a post match interview with Jim Goodwin on the Footy Adventures blog with that chap Sam North, where he says he is disappointed not to have held on for the 3 points. 😀

Both managers accept the draw and think it’s a fair outcome, and both would have liked to nick the 3 points.

Kind of like all of us really. 

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

If it helps, there is a post match interview with Jim Goodwin on the Footy Adventures blog with that chap Sam North, where he says he is disappointed not to have held on for the 3 points. 😀

Both managers accept the draw and think it’s a fair outcome, and both would have liked to nick the 3 points.

Kind of like all of us really. 

Well - everyone except Groot…

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

Goals change games, chances don't. Either team score at the right time and then they go on to win it.

Knife edge stuff and a very enjoyable game. United planned it well but will be interesting to see what they can do with the ball. I hope they're eye bleedingly awful with it.

Like Dundee? 🤔

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I’m please to see this level of harmony between us and our Tangerine brethren (and whatever the feminine and non gender specific equivalents of brethren are).

I’ve serious thought about swapping allegiances and supporting Dundee’s big team but I’m not sure if I’m worthy of the role.

Anyway good luck to United for the rest of the season.

Love you guys.

Thanks johnny, that’s very thoughtful.