Alloa v Queens

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well except that photo isnt the final whistle. Its Ross Stewart rushing from his line to high five both Jack Brydon and Mikey Hewitt for throwing their bodies in the way of injury time shots to prevent a goal. 

In the circumstances for us today with 4 or 5 starters out thats a very acceptable 0-0 away to one of the better sides in the division. Alloa were the better side, second half particularly, but we weren't celebrating a 0-0 like we won a cup final and its misleading to suggest we were.

I guess a picture really does tell a lot

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Top class discourse. Suggesting somethings misleading by answering with something that's misleading. Glad the title favourites enjoyed their point.

I bet that sounded really clever in your head. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.thumb.png.3a55c0fcbd70e4366551f3493e664dbc.png

think a picture tells a lot. Alloa frustrated at the draw. Queen of the South vociferously celebrating.

That's not at full time, that's after queen's had done well at defending an alloa attack where alloa should have scored.

Edited by Rouky1

Thought we were probably the better side overall and with Cawley's early chance, Rankin hitting the post and his shot when he cut in from the right, that we probably had the best chances too. Don't recall much from QoS other than a cross from the left in the first half which the forward didn't take advantage of, although maybe others have escaped my memory. Ultimately though we didn't take those chances and didn't do nearly enough with the other possession we had so can't have any complaints with only getting the draw. 

The defence did fine with Taggs as always dependable when required to play CB. Young Thomson had a fine first senior start at RB. Waters again looked good at LB. Stevie very good as ever in CM and Roberts busy enough beside him without being as dynamic as he can be. Issue again was the wide positions in the three behind the striker. Plenty effort and Kev can be good option drifting in from the left, but the overall lack of threat from the flanks also left Rankin too isolated, although to be fair he did pretty well without much support. Nevans again looked promising in his cameo and hopefully he can emerge as a good option, but we clearly need to strengthen those wide areas if we're going to have a strong season. 

Didn't think QoS were great but in the context of a number of men being out and a new team still settling then a clean sheet and away point isn't bad at all. 

Edited by Waspie

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Top class discourse. Suggesting somethings misleading by answering with something that's misleading. Glad the title favourites enjoyed their point.

Having watched the highlights I'd say it's definitely you being misleading. Keepers congratulate defenders like that almost every week. They deal with a penalty box scramble in the last minute, nothing unusual about it.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Having watched the highlights I'd say it's definitely you being misleading. Keepers congratulate defenders like that almost every week. They deal with a penalty box scramble in the last minute, nothing unusual about it.

I mean it's not about the time. I've not said that's full time despite that straw man argument. It strikes me as excessive to be celebrating like that rather than trying to get the ball back and trying to get your own winner. Queen of the South are happy with a draw and I think the highlights shows that on balance of play too; we are creating and disappointed. Queen of the South defending and pleased.

Also brydon definitely has to place his foot to stop a shot - routine defending which if he didn't do would make me worried? which adds to my confusion why it was so celebrated but maybe I am being harsh. 

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I mean it's not about the time. I've not said that's full time despite that straw man argument. It strikes me as excessive to be celebrating like that rather than trying to get the ball back and trying to get your own winner. Queen of the South are happy with a draw and I think the highlights shows that on balance of play too; we are creating and disappointed. Queen of the South defending and pleased.

Also brydon definitely has to place his foot to stop a shot - routine defending which if he didn't do would make me worried? which adds to my confusion why it was so celebrated but maybe I am being harsh. 

Your initial post said "Alloa frustrated with the draw, queens celebrating". Perhaps you've just worded it poorly and that's not what you meant but your post suggested they were celebrating the draw, I don't see it that way from the highlights. 

Goalkeepers and defenders high 5 each other every week after good defending or saving a goal scoring opportunity. I think you're looking too much into it. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Your initial post said "Alloa frustrated with the draw, queens celebrating". Perhaps you've just worded it poorly and that's not what you meant but your post suggested they were celebrating the draw, I don't see it that way from the highlights. 

Goalkeepers and defenders high 5 each other every week after good defending or saving a goal scoring opportunity. I think you're looking too much into it. 

I think spiritually - as some queens posters have already intimated - they have celebrated the draw. That frame is just to illustrate the feeling. Brevity leaving too much room for interpretation.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

I think spiritually - as some queens posters have already intimated - they have celebrated the draw. That frame is just to illustrate the feeling. Brevity leaving too much room for interpretation.

Look, you've made a bit of an arse of yourself with your initial post about this mild celebration, just admit it and move on, no-one will think any less of you.  I'll have to read back through the posts to see if there's any from Queens fans who  thought that moment signalled we'd sealed a draw, somehow I doubt I'll find any.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

.  I'll have to read back through the posts to see if there's any from Queens fans who  thought that moment signalled we'd sealed a draw, somehow I doubt I'll find any.

Would make the celebrations on defending even more questionable if that didn't seal a draw a minute from full time. Anyway this is getting boring at banging the drum: queens are very happy with a draw.

Going into this Queens were struggling badly through injuries and a limited squad to field a starting line-up and subs.  Hence a draw away to one of the fancied sides this season was always going to be a satisfactory outcome.  End of.  We move on.