Forfar Athletic vs Clyde

Really excited for the season ahead (not said that in a while 😂) so really hoping to kick start the season with a win. My lineup would be:

Kinnaer

Houston Howie Hamilton Robson

R. Grant Docherty

Rennie Scullion Redfern

JA9

Benching Dunachie is hard to do, although I didnt think him and JA together worked. I think D.Lyon, Cuddihy, are better than R.Grant, Docherty although they are both recovering from an injury. I also think Mckay is a better player than Howie, however we need height to deal with McLean.

Hopefully we will come home with 3pts 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

Edited by BullyWeeClydeFc

1 hour ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Planning on taking this in, will you be able to pay at the gate? Or do you need to buy online? 

Further to the previous post, I believe pay at the gate is cash only.

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Clyde fans excited about the game, Forfar fans apathetic about the game. Clyde probably are favourites for a win but Forfar love a good 0-0 draw. I expect Forfar to line up as so:

McCallum 

Allan, Morrison, Hutchinson 

Reekie, Malcolm, Whatley, Taylor

Cannon, McLean, MacLean

Allan may be RWB and Bailey move into CB. It's a toss up between Whatley and Robson. Kinglis or Skelly may start ahead of Cannon, but that's less likely. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Franczak come in at rwb. I have no idea if he’s any good or not but mckinnon was quick to point out that reekie is a cb after the cove game

24 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I’m still scarred from the midweek game near the end of last season, one of the worst games I’ve ever been to. 

We have an absolutely howling record vs Forfar. Hopefully we can change that this season 🙏 

Hopefully our team on paper turns up like we expect it to, however first league game is pretty much a free hit for everyone anything can happen, much as I’d be disappointed if we loose I certainly wouldn’t panic, generally takes about 5-7 games before the league begins to show where teams are. Our biggest strength this year is for first time in many years there is depth and a bench. 

We've all enjoyed the warm glow of optimism for Clyde's preseason. I can only hope for no major overreaction whichever way the result goes. It's a big squad with several possible combinations, it might take time to fine tune the tactics to best fit.

Naturally want a 10-0 win, but wouldn't be overly upset with a draw.

11 minutes ago, PTR said:

We've all enjoyed the warm glow of optimism for Clyde's preseason. I can only hope for no major overreaction whichever way the result goes. It's a big squad with several possible combinations, it might take time to fine tune the tactics to best fit.

Naturally want a 10-0 win, but wouldn't be overly upset with a draw.

I remember the days when Forfar had a fantastic pre-season only to go and honk in the league until February...the heady days of the summer of 2023 😅

Clyde do seem to have options from the bench so I would honestly expect you do look up rather than down this year. For the Loons it feels like this year is going to just be treading water.