Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Apparently he wasnt 'flavour of the month' at Somerset either .

Maybe its the 'Grealish' headband.

Wouldn’t go that far, done well for most parts of his 2 spells. He’s just such a frustrating player in that he won’t really take a player on down the wing as he can’t use his right foot and doesn’t have the pace, so always cuts in. I wouldn’t have minded him back at Somerset, but not for the apparent wages he was looking for. Brown also didn’t see enough defensively from him. 

27 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Was really annoyed at Delaney getting a booking for reacting when seconds previously he'd been on the deck. The ref had given the foul, booked Robinson and suddenly Zak was back on his feet trying to get at him. Really stupid and right in front of Dougie.

Robinson said something to him when he was on the deck I think.

15 hours ago, DaftTon74 said:

Away from the football for a moment, there was a young Morton fan who could not have been older than 13 in a bit of shock and was upset as an older partick fan had snatched his silk scarf from around his neck just before he entered the ground.

im all up for banter between sets of fans and I understand it’s part and parcel with the game, but stuff like this happens far too often around the country. It could be enough to put off the next generation of fans going to future games.

Perhaps I’m showing my age a bit now but personally do not see the need in it.

Seemed to be a bit of back and forwards after the game about scarves too. 

A mates car bonnet was keyed on the hill outside the stadium too. Can only imagine it being because it’s a blue car.

Proper poor behaviour from all involved. 

16 hours ago, DaftTon74 said:

Away from the football for a moment, there was a young Morton fan who could not have been older than 13 in a bit of shock and was upset as an older partick fan had snatched his silk scarf from around his neck just before he entered the ground.

im all up for banter between sets of fans and I understand it’s part and parcel with the game, but stuff like this happens far too often around the country. It could be enough to put off the next generation of fans going to future games.

Perhaps I’m showing my age a bit now but personally do not see the need in it.

Saw someone in the JL stand with one, assume it's the same. The wee guy was no older than 15 himself. If anyone has the details of the boy who had his scarf taken pm me and I'll see about getting one sent to him.

They then decided it would be a smart idea to open the door at the back of our bus shout a few words until 1 officer appeared & they quickly scattered one of they guys who looked in his 50 strolling around with kids acting the big hard man pretty embarrassing stuff from the old fella 

Edited by Cowshed

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

They then decided it would be a smart idea to open the door at the back of our bus shout a few words until 1 officer appeared & they quickly scattered one of they guys who looked in his 50 strolling around with kids acting the big hard man pretty embarrassing 

Aye, there always seems to be a wrong-un hanging about with these ultra groups.

Weird behaviour.

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Saw someone in the JL stand with one, assume it's the same. The wee guy was no older than 15 himself. If anyone has the details of the boy who had his scarf taken pm me and I'll see about getting one sent to him.

Fair play Griff. A proper supporter of the game.

10 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Any fans behind the goal know what the exchange was about between Broadfoot and the home support?

Also, it was good to see Brian Graham have a quiet game (except when moaning to the referee).

Didn't hear what was exchanged tbh but got impression both playing it up a bit as the film cameras were nearby. Broadfoot goes to Hollywood 

23 hours ago, Braesoyetts said:

That’s disgusting.  How old was the Thistle fan (or should I say “fan”)?

Apparently it was that Manpreet and his wee crew. So definitely older than the Morton fans and should know better.

Someone mentioned on twitter that they tried to get on the Gourock morton bus and from what I've heard they backed down into making silly faces quite quickly.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

Apparently it was that Manpreet and his wee crew. So definitely older than the Morton fans and should know better.

Someone mentioned on twitter that they tried to get on the Gourock morton bus and from what I've heard they backed down into making silly faces quite quickly.

Speaking as someone who has been critical of Manpreet and his group in the past, they are definitely not the type to steal scarves or try and board away fan buses looking for a scrap. They’re not the type of lads who are confrontational in person like that.

This isn’t to say that there aren’t certain other wannabe casual types among our younger fans, but I’d be willing to bet that Manpreet & his pals had nothing to do with either of those incidents.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Speaking as someone who has been critical of Manpreet and his group in the past, they are definitely not the type to steal scarves or try and board away fan buses looking for a scrap. They’re not the type of lads who are confrontational in person like that.

This isn’t to say that there aren’t certain other wannabe casual types among our younger fans, but I’d be willing to bet that Manpreet & his pals had nothing to do with either of those incidents.

Manpreet and his daft wee pals certainly had stuff to do with trying to get on our bus all it took was 1 officer to appear and they didn’t do much else after that bar shout some stuff 

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Manpreet and his daft wee pals certainly had stuff to do with trying to get on our bus all it took was 1 officer to appear and they didn’t do much else after that bar shout some stuff 

That certainly sounds out of character if so. If anything, the Singhs have done a good job recently in trying to weed out any inappropriate behaviour amongst the rest of the daft “ultra” weans in the support.

I’m not excusing any of the kind of behaviour that appeared to go on yesterday, btw. Stealing scarves from children and trying to fight with supporters’ buses is pathetic and deserves called out. Just surprised to hear that the Singh group are involved in the sort of thing that’s not usually their M.O.

49 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Just going on what I've been told.

There was a group of what had to be about 30 in North park St - with one or two peeking around to corner to see when the Morton lads were coming. Shouted something along the lines of "where's your silks gone now?".

30 up against 4/5 visibly younger supporters is shameful anyway, and if Manpreet & Co. are in the business of making the partick support more respectable / better (which I always believed he has, even if he can be a p***k) then i'd expect they'd be making a point of calling it out.

There seems to be quite a few suggesting he was there, though.

Read a few posts from some of our fans saying that Partick were the better team for large parts of the game, I must have been watching a different game as bar a few spells I thought we pretty much bossed that game. Partick had nothing to show in the middle of the park and Wilson dominated it almost the whole game. JET with an absolute shocker of a miss first half, may have had too much time to think about it but brilliant from Crawford to chase down the lost cause to create it, he worked his socks off and as slow and unfit as he looks, JET gave us that target man up top we have been missing and showed some nice touches. Broadfoot had a few sloppy passes at times but actually had a decent enough game and the rest of the back line were solid. 

I think we were all shocked to see Blues benched for this game as it rarely happens but it was the correct decision and Imrie got his formation and tactics spot on, we should have won that game but a point away is still a cracking result. 

I was a bit worried going into this one but it looked like some things were beginning to click, feeling a lot more confident we might actually be ok. 

Big shout out to the beer garden in Munns, was class 👌

I went along as a (sort-of) neutral, hoping mainly to celebrate the calamity of Morton's new-found total football. Annoyingly they were really quite capable, and would have won had JET taken the easiest and best opportunity of the game.

Had Muirhead been fit it may have made the difference, but Thistle a bit out-of-sorts.  The new keeper looks more solid.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

That certainly sounds out of character if so. If anything, the Singhs have done a good job recently in trying to weed out any inappropriate behaviour amongst the rest of the daft “ultra” weans in the support.

I’m not excusing any of the kind of behaviour that appeared to go on yesterday, btw. Stealing scarves from children and trying to fight with supporters’ buses is pathetic and deserves called out. Just surprised to hear that the Singh group are involved in the sort of thing that’s not usually their M.O.

For someone who’s normally so vocal on Twitter, and with about three or four folk questioning his role in what allegedly happened on Saturday (his name was mentioned to me in relation to it while I was at the game), his silence isn’t what I’d expect from someone who had no role to play.

If someone had accused me of something like that when I had done nothing,I’d be defending myself to the hilt.

However, whether he’s involved or not, I note a poster further up the page describing it as “local neds”, which I think is downplaying things a bit. It’s Partick fans- they may also be local neds, but call them what they are and you might go some way to addressing the problem.

Whether inside the ground or out, I’d hope that if the roles were reversed, Morton would be investigating, as they claim to have done with the kid that threw a cup at the steward the other week. I’d also like to think Morton are asking Partick what they plan doing about it.

14 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I went along as a (sort-of) neutral, hoping mainly to celebrate the calamity of Morton's new-found total football. Annoyingly they were really quite capable, and would have won had JET taken the easiest and best opportunity of the game.

Had Muirhead been fit it may have made the difference, but Thistle a bit out-of-sorts.  The new keeper looks more solid.

Which Muirhead ? Robbie isn’t a Morton player anymore.