Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, standman said:

Partick are now using fanbase for ticketing, which makes it so much easier to buy than the system used previously.

Saturday will be the first real test for the new system.  Here’s. Hoping it’s not the first topic of conversation on Saturday 

3 hours ago, standman said:

Partick are now using fanbase for ticketing, which makes it so much easier to buy than the system used previously.

Yep, just got a few there! Fanbase are class 👌

I honestly think it is a risk to start this boy ahead of McCready.

Based on McCready's performance on Sunday, and his existing rapport with the defenders in front of him, he has to start surely?

The loan signing is what it is but I am not sure his actual debut for us, in any way shape or form, should be this important opening game.

I wouldn't be changing anything about how we played on Sunday, personnel and shape was dead on.

9 hours ago, jaggyhill said:

Saturday will be the first real test for the new system.  Here’s. Hoping it’s not the first topic of conversation on Saturday 

Worked fine at the Clyde game. At the Montrose game there were folk with mobiles scanning your screen, which was pretty slow. For Clyde, there was a proper scanner in place on the gate, quick scan and you're through. Hopefully that's the standard.

I didn't have an issue with either the old system or the new one so far, the new one having an option to pop ticket into Google wallet rather than having to open an email and zoom into the QR code makes life a bit easier too.

Obviously I understand there's still a digital exclusion issue with both systems and I don't think we should be using a portakabin as a last resort.

Edited by Fuctifano

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Obviously I understand there's still a digital exclusion issue with both systems and I don't think we should be using a portakabin as a last resort.

Not sure I get you here - what SHOULD we be using as a last resort? The portakabin has always been fine if I've needed to use it.

23 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think we need to let McBeth settle in the one position, instead of chopping and changing where he plays. We need to be realistic about his abilities. He was playing Junior football less than a year ago. Give him a chance to develop. He is far better at centre back for us. If Crawford isn’t fit play Stanway or McKenzie

No disagreements from me here. The only issue is if he is going to be a centre back, we have far too many players in that position. Should have signed a defensive midfielder and not bothered with Ashcroft if this was going to end up the case. I think he is better at cb for sure though if I’m honest.

Having been expecting a pumping in this game for weeks, with the opening league game you often end up deluding yourself into finding reasons for optimism as the game approaches. Right enough most of that deluded straw clutching pertains to Partick's own squad rather than ours - they're still short in defence themselves despite not being as short as us, maybe the goalkeeper making his debut is going to have a clowncar performance - but we can clutch at the straws that maybe if Baird and Boyes are fit so we can drop Broadfoot the defence won't be a total catastrophe, hopefully JET will be a significant upgrade on Davies or Reynolds and make us a bigger attacking threat.

Instead Morton have managed to create even more pessimism the day before the game, with the prospect of Ali Crawford coming straight into the team to make us even worse than we were in the League Cup. We're left with the best straw to clutch being the incompetence of the Comet system, which could f**k over Partick for the second weekend running by not allowing us to register him in time for today.

Muirhead turned his ankle so misses out with Mitchell and Lawless. Probably too early for Sayers.

Good player pool for Doolan to choose from so hopefully he gets the right selections to take us to an opening league game of the season.

Interesting to note (for Jags fans) that Aiden Fitzpatrick has scored in the previous two league openers. Can he make it three in a row?

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Mackay out as well in addition to those known about before the match, means we can't name a full bench but on the plus side all the subs will be listed on one page on comet.

Not an awful lot of options to change things going forward, but hopefully that won’t be a requirement. 

Wilson having Lyall beside him rather than Gillespie or Blues against their midfield is a kamikaze team selection, regardless of my thoughts on the players in front of them. Especially so when we still have Broadfoot inevitably charging 10 yards out of position every 5 minutes.

Too risky to change both CBs for this game, so Boyes gets the nod over Baird.

Blues doesn't deserve a start in this game either as he's had a poor start to the season. A bit daring from Dougie also dropping Gills. Looks like he's going for it today and I'd expect a very open game with our midfield.

Garrity deserved a start over Reynolds, who I'm sure we'll see at some point. Moffat has probably been our best attacking player so far.

With JET up front who knows?

Edited by Colkitto

For all that we're at least one of the favourites for the league, we are starting the league season with a totally untried keeper,  a makeshift right back and a bench where 4 of the 6 outfield players are central midfielders.