Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never made it through today and like many really did fear a bit of a pumping. Got to be happy to go to firhill and take a point especially given our recent record there hasn’t been great and add to that our defensive injury troubles and generally being pretty poor in the cup games. Two debutants in the starting line up as well albeit Crawford has been with us all preseason. Onto the Hamilton game next week!

That was honestly dreadful, Milne and fitzy possibly (in short very spells) get pass marks. The keeper made 1/2 good saves. The rest were pretty useless. Not necessarily a lack of effort from others but there was nothing short of 0 quality in our game whatsoever. I am genuinely desperate at this point got a right back. Watching wasiri try to attack is absolutely eye bleeding. I sympathise as he is a centre half and it’s not his game but my god it is painful. Missed Mackay big time as well as chalmers offered nothing yet again. Can’t really fault the centre backs apart from mcbeths horror back pass. Huge improvements needed. I will end my rant by saying Morton are much improved and played some nice football early in the second half. Generally after 3W 1D last season it proved we could always overcome the hammer throwing stuff but clearly they are much improved based on today.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t have issue with Blues himself being dropped as he’s been rubbish for months, but the overall balance of this midfield concerns me. There’s goals in this.

(Narrator: there were no goals in this) 

Expected a defeat so happy enough with that at the moment, clean sheet especially. JET sounds like he’s towing a caravan, I’m not sure how long it’ll take to resolve that!

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

(Narrator: there were no goals in this) 

Expected a defeat so happy enough with that at the moment, clean sheet especially. JET sounds like he’s towing a caravan, I’m not sure how long it’ll take to resolve that!

I actually thought JET showed some nice touches and hold up play, all well outside the box though and I think if he’s been brought in to score your goals you’ll have to keep looking. 

Pleasantly surprised with how we played today we all expected a difficult one but overall we played very well passed the ball around slickly and had a great chance with Jet who should’ve scored we’ll take the point and move on to Hamilton but that was more like it from Morton 

6 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I actually thought JET showed some nice touches and hold up play, all well outside the box though and I think if he’s been brought in to score your goals you’ll have to keep looking. 

We’ve got Davies who scored for fun in the Welsh league last season I’m hoping he’ll play as the 10 Jet as the 9 who’ll hold the ball up & link the play with Davies 

Fair play to Morton, battled and probably deserved a win more than we did.

A new striker is Vital, Doolans subs are always f**king terrible. We’re at home at least get Diack on up top for the last 20mins.  Don’t really think playing Crawford and Turner in the middle is going to work, Turners at his best creating but is having to do more Donkey work than he should.

Just as well Morton were pretty toothless. A better team would have won that comfortably.

We were shite. Only passmark I would give would be for Roberts and O'Reilly.

I thought Milne and Fitzpatrick  were awful for the most part.

Biggest worry was the middle of the park. Morton were dominant in there and won every second ball.

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Fair play to Morton, battled and probably deserved a win more than we did.

A new striker is Vital, Doolans subs are always f**king terrible. We’re at home at least get Diack on up top for the last 20mins.  Don’t really think playing Crawford and Turner in the middle is going to work, Turners at his best creating but is having to do more Donkey work than he should.

Agreed, apart from Mackay missing I’m already looking at the bench and thinking who’s going to come on and change the game when we need a goal ? Doolan clearly thinking the same considering he only used 2 subs and both very late on. Diack should have been on around the 60 minute mark, only forward player on the bench, why not give him a chance and give Morton something else to think about? Baffling 

Colin Steven continuing to cement his reputation as Scotlands worst referee, in a crowded field.

Wasn’t very good viewing. A few good chances not taken by both teams, and Roberts did enough to show that, at the very least, he’s not a complete jobber.

Move on to next week. 

Weird performance today. Actually pretty solid defensively, O’Reilly was very impressive. However completely disjointed going forward and never looked like scoring. I’m probably not allowed to criticise Graham but he was terrible. 

Just now, BdenJag said:

Weird performance today. Actually pretty solid defensively, O’Reilly was very impressive. However completely disjointed going forward and never looked like scoring. I’m probably not allowed to criticise Graham but he was terrible. 

Might be this is a,season too far for Graham!

Couldn't make the game today but pleasantly surprised with the result and reports. Positive start to the season for us although it's really important we kick on next week at home against Accies.