Southport stabbings

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wonder how many of the racist tweets on Twitter are genuine and how many are bots?

Racisticons. A faction of the Decepticons.

52 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’m not condoning the attacks on the polis or mob violence, but it’s time the feelings of the majority are recognised. I don’t know who or what religion or ethnicity the murderer is, but obviously it’s widely believed that he is Muslim and maybe even an immigrant too? I may be well off the mark here but, IMO, the Brexit vote was all about folks wanting to curb the immigration of people from other countries, and folks believed the Brexit vote would have helped this. Many believe it hasn’t made a blind bit of difference, and we still see many boats full of people risking their lives to reach the UK. We are seen as the land of milk and honey for these people and that’s part of the problem IMO. Why do they all want to come to the UK? Why don’t they stop and try to settle down on the European continent? Myself and many others believe it should be less attractive for these people to want to come here, but our politicians won’t change that. Our government must know the general feeling of the majority yet sit on their hands and protect these illegal immigrants, even put them up in hotels etc at the expense of the taxpayers. I don’t remember ever voting for this in this supposedly democratic country. And don’t even get me started about the fact that the majority of migrants are young men of fighting age who are coming here. 
I’m not saying that this murderer is an immigrant, to be honest I don’t know anything about him, but some reports on social media have caused these people in Liverpool to take to the streets in a threatening and violent manner. You’d think the highly educated MP’s would recognise this and maybe try to do something about it, after all isn’t it their job to do right by the taxpayers of this country? 
I’ve no doubt I’ll be called out on here for this post, maybe even get kicked off P&B for this, but I can’t switch the feeling that our leaders could and should help put a stop to this kind of behaviour. A good start would be to make it less attractive for migrants to want to come here, and that’ll maybe stop the potential for more mob violence. 

The reason that people widely believe the attacker to be a Muslim immigrant is because they have been intentionally lied to so that people would go and do exactly what you say you don’t condone in your first sentence. The rest of people who believe this despite the police saying the complete opposite is because they desperately want that to be the case. Maybe you should sit back and assess why this is the case with the people you have aligned yourself with. 

The rest of your post is just full of weak rhetoric people have been saying for ages that has been repeatedly refuted that the folk peddling it don’t don’t want to hear. For the vast majority of the people coming to the UK there is no legal channels for them to come here. Then when they arrive they are then placed in buildings that used to be hotels that have been converted to multi bed dorms that house asylum seekers whilst their applications are processed. These places aren’t actively running as hotels anymore and describing them as such is intentionally done to make you feel The way you clearly do. 

The  government could have easily put an asylum application processing centre at Calais if they wanted to but they didn’t. People seeking refuge and asylum are allowed a choice where they end up and there are multiple reasons they may ent to come here- speak the language, already have family here etc. finally as stated above since Brexit we don’t have a return agreement with the EU which is how the Rwanda shotshow started

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It’s much easier to be outraged at random acts of violence like this because literally everyone can be targeted if in the wrong place at the wrong time and it’s obviously much worse because kids are involved. The men are ignorant, violent and uncouth individuals of course but I don’t doubt they’re genuinely horrified by the murder of schoolgirls attending a dance class. That said they have made an already horrendous situation much worse with this.

I must have missed them taking to the streets for the murder of John Hunt’s wife and daughters a few weeks back. I did see them on social media theorizing Kyle Clifford was middle eastern or North African, with Moroccan cited as a possibility because he apparently ‘looked like one of them’. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s much easier to be outraged at random acts of violence like this because literally everyone can be targeted if in the wrong place at the wrong time and it’s obviously much worse because kids are involved. The men are ignorant, violent and uncouth individuals of course but I don’t doubt they’re genuinely horrified by the murder of schoolgirls attending a dance class. That said they have made an already horrendous situation much worse with this.

Ok.  Again, I disagree though.

If you're genuinely horrified and upset by what happened, you don't react in that way.   

Before he gets hit in the head then the balls by bricks, the guy jumping around is thoroughly enjoying himself.  I don't think there's a hint of distress.

I think you're giving these guys too much credit.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’m not condoning the attacks on the polis or mob violence, but it’s time the feelings of the majority are recognised. I don’t know who or what religion or ethnicity the murderer is, but obviously it’s widely believed that he is Muslim and maybe even an immigrant too? I may be well off the mark here but, IMO, the Brexit vote was all about folks wanting to curb the immigration of people from other countries, and folks believed the Brexit vote would have helped this. Many believe it hasn’t made a blind bit of difference, and we still see many boats full of people risking their lives to reach the UK. We are seen as the land of milk and honey for these people and that’s part of the problem IMO. Why do they all want to come to the UK? Why don’t they stop and try to settle down on the European continent? Myself and many others believe it should be less attractive for these people to want to come here, but our politicians won’t change that. Our government must know the general feeling of the majority yet sit on their hands and protect these illegal immigrants, even put them up in hotels etc at the expense of the taxpayers. I don’t remember ever voting for this in this supposedly democratic country. And don’t even get me started about the fact that the majority of migrants are young men of fighting age who are coming here. 
I’m not saying that this murderer is an immigrant, to be honest I don’t know anything about him, but some reports on social media have caused these people in Liverpool to take to the streets in a threatening and violent manner. You’d think the highly educated MP’s would recognise this and maybe try to do something about it, after all isn’t it their job to do right by the taxpayers of this country? 
I’ve no doubt I’ll be called out on here for this post, maybe even get kicked off P&B for this, but I can’t switch the feeling that our leaders could and should help put a stop to this kind of behaviour. A good start would be to make it less attractive for migrants to want to come here, and that’ll maybe stop the potential for more mob violence. 

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I’m starting to think your man Brick Astley might be a bit of a wrong ‘un

These far right dickheads who claim to be protecting women and children almost always seem to turn out to be wife beaters or paedophiles.

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:If you folks don’t think the government should should do something about people turning up on our shores, and you don’t mind your hard earned money to be used to keep them in hotels etc, then you will end up with the country you deserve

I didn’t vote for Brexit because it was bound to lead to this pish.

if you voted for Brexit why did you think we would remain in the Dublin agreement?

17 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

This Wacky?

image.jpeg.1f48ee2b3e7660f130941e6c1c1bfd40.jpeg

Not wanting to give any credit to Farage, but he's at least capable of coherent dog whistling rather than Wacky's stream of consciousness, old man shouting at clouds stuff.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I don’t know who or what religion or ethnicity the murderer is...

I may be well off the mark here....

to be honest I don’t know anything about him...

The only bits of that post that make any sense

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

To be honest, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of a reaction like this to previous attacks in the UK.  The Manchester bombing, for example, was a mass murder of children but there didn't seem to be any reaction like this, same as the other attacks between 2017 and 2020 (two London bridge stabbings, Parsons Green bomb, Westminster attack).  There was some individual attacks, a guy drove a van into a crowd outside a mosque in London but no mass rioting.

This guy stabbed a Muslim man to death and tried to bomb three mosques in the West Midlands, he's not from UK though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlo_Lapshyn