Southport stabbings

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

One day we will look back and question why we ever developed social media. An absolute scourge on society

Unfortunately you can’t uninvent social media, just as you can’t uninvent nuclear weapons or the internet  

Social Media at least has possibilities to be moderated and civil (aye right). 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The BBC said there are dozens of planned demonstrations/riots. Are they all down South? is there a list?

There's been a few lists knocking around social media; all locations were refugee centres or immigration lawyers, and yeah, none in Scotland. 

40 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Unfortunately you can’t uninvent social media, just as you can’t uninvent nuclear weapons or the internet  

Social Media at least has possibilities to be moderated and civil (aye right). 

It’s actually had the complete opposite effect. Everyone has became anti-social and argumentative. I would get rid of it all (as I have done personally)

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

It’s actually had the complete opposite effect. Everyone has became anti-social and argumentative. I would get rid of it all (as I have done personally)

To be pedantic, no you haven't. 

Social media can be used for good but sadly, unlike here, the cesspits that are FB and Twitter aren't moderated even remotely as well as they should be (no idea if it would be realistic either but given the Billions at their disposal and what they've created I'm sure it could be possible) and this allows idiots to confuse 'Freedom of Speech' with Hate Speech with no repercussions and think it's acceptable. Which inevitably leads to the shit we're seeing this week. 

The dickheads who run the said websites are as much to blame as anyone else IMO. 

It was so heartwarming (except for Jared Anderson) to see a 20 stone Congolese man who has made a life for himself in Airdrie set the boxing world alight with his breakout performance in LA the other night. In his tartan shorts he slapped the next big thing of American heavyweight boxing silly. 

48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was so heartwarming (except for Jared Anderson) to see a 20 stone Congolese man who has made a life for himself in Airdrie set the boxing world alight with his breakout performance in LA the other night. In his tartan shorts he slapped the next big thing of American heavyweight boxing silly. 

Dreadful refereeing too. The final 10 count was about 20 and he should have stopped it there and then as there was zero response to the "want to go again " question. 

44 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

"I really hope the culprit is white"

Steve Harvey GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

One of the biggest virtue signalling posts i've seen, even for this site.

More to do with the repercussions if that's not the case, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A security guard in a tea shop? 
Thats Khan’s London for you.

Swinney and Glitter must condemn.

Nae wonder it's about £30 for a cup of the stuff ..bigger rip off than m and m world just along from it 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Didn't think it was remotely controversial considering what's happened the past week tbh. 

Be honest about why you wanted them to be white, then - so you could point at those involved in the riots and/or those that hit out with some racist patter prior to the identity being known and show just how better than them you are.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Be honest about why you wanted them to be white, then - so you could point at those involved in the riots and/or those that hit out with some racist patter prior to the identity being known and show just how better than them you are.

No I wouldn't be pointing anything out as it would suggest some kind of bizarre one upmanship. I don't think point scoring on stabbings is an appropriate thing to do. What you've suggested I would do is exactly what the TR hangers on will do if it turns out to be another ethnicity, as well you know.

Edited by 19QOS19