Hearts vs Rangers (Full Metal Warfare)

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To be fair, very rarely is a  handball actually deliberate in any conventional sense of the word.   But yeah, I think not giving penalty kicks against players in Barron’s position is far preferable to giving for any use of the hand whatsoever- which is what was happening.  

And therefore it shouldn't be penalised.   If you're standing with both arms out at 90 degrees, or over your head then that's a deliberate act.  I don't want to see penalties and free kicks given for being unlucky

Definitely felt like a missed opportunity and a few teams will definitely fancy themselves against Rangers. Butland is going to worth a fair few points to them this season.

As for us, we look like we've got a fairly solid foundation to build on and a good right back makes are defence look even more solid. We'll need to be a big more clinical in front of goal this season. We can't just rely on Shankland to do it all for us. Got plenty of creativity in the squad now, just wouldn't mind maybe one more body up top with a ruthless streak to share that load.

While I am a bit disappointed not to win I was happy with our approach. It wasn't sitting back waiting to be hurt, we took the  game to them. You have to think the new guys will also be better once they get used to each other and that was without our first choice central midfield. 

Salazar to come in as well. More reason optimism than not.

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm meaning it in the sense that rangers surely won't be that shit for the whole season.

Unless we get someone who can score goals without needing around a dozen chances then yes,  we probably will be.

The one thing I would say about the non-giving of the penalty and the hope that the standard will be retained through the season is that I hope the same goes for attacking players. That if the ball skiffs their elbow accidentally before skelping it into the onion bag, the goal still stands. 

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Handball is one of these things that is hard to actually define, but you know it when you see it. I mean in how I feel rather than th actual law.

Obviously it's rare for someone to actually punch or catch the ball, but we've all seen examples when a player has left an arm out when they didn't have to, or had a moment of madness and reached out to the ball. You know a handball when you see one.

Jordan McGhee anyone?

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

f**king hell. I still can't believe it happened.

Apart from goal saving handballs, that’s the most blatant one for a penalty I’ve ever seen live. 

On 03/08/2024 at 14:28, DA Baracus said:

Aye, think Hearts shat it second half. Should have f**ked went at them and if they did could have won by a couple. Sevco were rank but had the best chance.

Probably too many Hearts players in awe of the team they really support.

Aye, the two Costa Ricans, two Australians, five Englishmen and a Japanese are all secret ****.

22 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Hearts should be viewing that as two points dropped.

It was good to see at least one BBC reporter make that exact point, and equally good to see Naismith agreeing with him.

I'm still pishing myself at Cortes having to be subbed with embarrassment because Taylor had him tucked away in his pocket for the entire time he was on 🤣

Why did the Nazi's not start with Matondo and Cerny? They looked a lot more dangerous when they came on and our full backs were pinned back a bit more, we were still the better team though. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I think a lot of teams will be beating that Rangers team this season.

Let's hope so. The last thing Scottish football or Scottish society needs is a secterian title race. Whichever of those two interchangable clubs win the league let them wrap it up by Christmas so the sheer tedious pointlessness of the top flight is clear and obvious to everyone. Maybe then something might be done about it