Arbroath v Montrose

Montrose fans could be in for a rare treat here you lads must be relishing this, good chance of not only beating us but seeing a collective heads gone within the home end if things do not go well or even are not going well. 

I am extremely nervous for this but on plus side I am going to get absolutely steaming pre match to calm the nerves. 

I am hoping a big crowd at Gayfield and a win or bust mentality from McIntyre sees us really go for this and we start with two uptop, the noticeable improvement in us when we have both Gallagher and Reilly on the pitch is something that cannot be ignored. Stewart needs to stay at RM and Coulson has to start after his performance off the bench yesterday. 

McAdams

Bisland

Watson

ToB

Wilkie

Stewart

Gold

Slater

Coulson

Gallagher 

Reilly

For me.

I have missed the derby days and I wish we were returning to them in a much better shape. I can’t ever remember things being so negative at the start of a new season. Chance is there for Montrose to really stick the knife in and there’s something in the back of my mind that I cannot shake saying that they absolutely will. 

Still absolutely buzzing for the game and day out though, mon the Broath. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

10:32 train through for me. Montrose to win 36-0. Lucas Birnstingl off the bench as a striker to score them all. 

Star Bar after or will that be shut 👀 

4 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Will there be a cash gate for away fans? 

All online ticket only now for scanning barriers 

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Star Bar after or will that be shut 👀 

Staying out in Arbroath for a bit I think so will likely be Central Bar for some karaoke. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Staying out in Arbroath for a bit I think so will likely be Central Bar for some karaoke. 

Will more than likely be in Station Bar all night 

Enjoy 

Looking forward to this but don't want to get too carried away,yes Arbroath got beat yesterday and the fans are fuming with that result but it's a derby and anything can happen.

If we play like we did first half yesterday then we should give them a right good game.I can see SP changing it up a bit too to be fair as well he clearly wasn't happy with the 2nd half performance.

We really can’t lose this one. Feels like it will be a tipping point for McIntyre and I don’t think he’ll recover if we do end up losing.

Need to start with Coulson and Stewart on the wings and Reilly and Gallagher up front. Callaghan can get dropped for me to make room.

On 04/08/2024 at 23:10, lichtie23 said:

A must win game this early in the season? I think many Lichties believe it is 

Maybe, a ‘not lose’ game is more aligned with reality though, given the situation.  Since Arbroath have won only 5 league games at Gayfield these past 2 seasons (out of 36 played), Montrose must fancy their chances.  A home win implies the new squad can gel and compete.

One way or another, there’s a long season ahead after this so still plenty to play for, regardless of result

Posted (edited)
On 06/08/2024 at 08:50, farflung lichtie said:

Maybe, a ‘not lose’ game is more aligned with reality though, given the situation.  Since Arbroath have won only 5 league games at Gayfield these past 2 seasons (out of 36 played), Montrose must fancy their chances.  A home win implies the new squad can gel and compete.

One way or another, there’s a long season ahead after this so still plenty to play for, regardless of result

I wasn’t at the Friday night game at home to Raith so last time I saw Arbroath win in the flesh in the league was the 16th December 2023 away up at Inverness.

After putting that into a calculator I believe that is 235 days. 

Our last league win before that was Partick Thistle away I am sure - 319 days ago. 

2 league wins in the best part of the year it’s no wonder we’ve all lost our minds. 

However as the week goes on something is telling me that we win on Saturday. Gallagher and Reilly with a goal each… 2-0 Arbroath 👀

Edited by 1320Lichtie

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I wasn’t at the Friday night game at home to Raith so last time I saw Arbroath win in the flesh in the league was the 16th December 2023 away up at Inverness.

Our last league win before that was Partick Thistle away I am sure - 319 days ago. 

2 league wins in the best part of the year it’s no wonder we’ve all lost our minds. 

However as the week goes on something is telling me that we win on Saturday. Gallagher and Reilly with a goal each… 2-0 Arbroath 👀

That got me thinking of the last time I saw us win in the flesh. It was the 4-0 win v Airdrie on 16 Sept 23 so something like 325 days. I’ve barely seen us even score since then never mind win.

Won’t be there on Saturday either, hope it doesn’t go the full calendar year before I see another win.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also missed the Raith Friday night game so Partick away the last time i saw us win in the league which is just insane. Wish i had your optimism for a win on Saturday i'm just kinda turning up at games expecting us to get beat nowadays. Have to see a win eventually some time though.