🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Would disagree with this. I thought Byrne was excellent. All over the pitch with a performance showing exactly why he's such an asset.

I called Byrne out last week for being one of the reasons we haven’t been great of late. Today was completely different, got stuck into everything.

Another who deserves a lot of praise today in Ross Matthews. 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

I called Byrne out last week for being one of the reasons we haven’t been great of late. Today was completely different, got stuck into everything.

Another who deserves a lot of praise today in Ross Matthews. 

Obviously wasn’t at the game today, and I’m glad Matthews had a great game, because last week he was hopeless……as was the rest of the team apart from Big Kev

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Reading the comments, that thought went through my mind as well, I  hope hes happy being at the club 

I hope so too, no team likes to see their manager sacked, and it must’ve come right out of the blue for them all. But the Club is bigger than Ian Murray. The board really have to work hard on the right appointment so all the players can get behind him. 

I think every player did well today bar the odd bad decision. Effort 10/10. Great reaction after last week.

Stanton did his fair share of getting back to help out and ran all game so i feel its a bit unfair to single him out.

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I think every player did well today bar the odd bad decision. Effort 10/10. Great reaction after last week.

Stanton did his fair share of getting back to help out and ran all game so i feel its a bit unfair to single him out.

I don’t think it’s unfair to comment that Stanton hasn’t been producing performances we know he is capable of of late. That, coupled with him not celebrating the goal then disappearing down the tunnel and not celebrating with any of his team mates or the fans is worthy of comment, imo. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don’t think it’s unfair to comment that Stanton hasn’t been producing performances we know he is capable of of late. That, coupled with him not celebrating the goal then disappearing down the tunnel and not celebrating with any of his team mates or the fans is worthy of comment, imo. 

Fair enough. His performances in the second half of last season weren't as good as the first half, but I would qualify that with the team in general being poorer + him sometimes not being in his best position.

Maybe if I noticed him not celebrating at the time it would have annoyed me but I was so astounded we were ahead that I missed it 🤣

I thought the whole team worked their arses off today.  

Superb win in the circumstances.  No lack of effort and no failures though I would give special praise to Callum Smith.

The improvement from what we've seen so far this season was night and day.

Great win in the circumstances. Performance wasn’t particularly great but felt the players grew into the game and showed a bit of dig when we had the goal to hold onto. 

Dick, Murray and Smith were outstanding. Big Kev did well too but I would have been disappointed if he didn’t make the saves he did - mainly weak efforts from 20-25 yards.

7 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Oh, and special shout out to Brian Graham. Moaned for the whole 90 mins and spends more time with his arms outstretched than the Angel of the North.

Him and Robinson should try to spend less time trying to get opposition players sent off and more time trying to put the ball in the net imo. 

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Stanton’s usually first down the tunnel to be fair. 

Was a wee bit different to what he normally does though. Usually waves to family and a wee acknowledgement to the directors box, but it was head down, right down the tunnel. Did seem a bit off and I noted it to the guys I was with. 

Look it was far from a classic, but given the circumstances and knowing with the personnel we have, we can play much, much better, I feel rather optimistic.

We worked and battled away today when required and got the job done thankfully - we had nothing to really change the game off the bench either and we looked to be set up slightly differently, so kudos to the players and the management. 

Thought Smith did well today - lad always works his arse off and I thought he did well today in the lone role. Big Muz and Liam Dick were fairly solid - we never gave up anything guilt edged and Partick mainly had efforts from distance which Big Kev did well to deal with under the conditions. 

despite Stanton’s reaction, there were some reactions which certainly showed me that the lads in the dressing room do care - Broony and Fordyce at trackside as they were coming off the park to congratulate. 

Wee 2 week break now - hopefully get a head coach in and some bodies back for Somerset. 

let’s all stick together!

Edited by RaithRyan

If Brian Graham spent as much time chasing the ball as he did the the ref, he would have bagged a hat trick.

Partick had plenty possession but looked awful in the final third.  That ultimately cost Ian Murray his job, and they don't look any better set as title contenders.

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

No bbc were quite excited about you last night 

Still waiting for the full game to go up on iPlayer so I can hear them all wanking over us.