🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

4 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's not too late to crack out this 🎣 and pretend you were at the windup all along. 

Listen, game of opinions innit...

PS. Raith's kebab pie is shite compared to Firhill's

5 hours ago, The Kebab Pie said:

There seems to be some sort of weird propaganda across social media and some on here that the Rovers were some what good yesterday. Realistically, two teams flinging shite at each other on a terrible surface in terrible conditions. Raith squeezed the game in the middle of the park meaning we would then need to try and launch one into BG. Never really worked but on the flip side any time raith got the ball they just launched it into a corner to try and play for 2nd balls. Which is strange because you’d thought with boys like easton and stanton in there they would try and play. 

No gripes re. The penalty. But on the red card maybe I’m seeing it with slightly thistle tinted glasses the tackle was no where near “knee high”. From the footage it looks like robinson tries to get his foot inbetween connolly and the ball to drag away and connolly nicks in just before him. I’d say a nailed on booking but a red? Not for me. I’ll let the ref off with trying to play advantage, i know some people have tried to say it should have been brought back. But we did still have possession of the ball.

Poor result / performance from the jags, I’m not writing us off just yet. Still think there will be a couple of players to come in between now and the end of the window. Plus lawless and mackay to come back in (hopefully) before Christmas

I certainly think we will play much better at other points this season.  However, given the injury situation, the fact we had zero strikers in the squad and were playing a left back at centre half and a midfielder at right back - it was a case of work hard and try and nick something.  Which, especially given the circumstances from last week, was the definition of good yesterday.  I'd expect much better once we have a manager in post, and players playing in their correct positions.

It's early days, and I've no idea how representative that was of Thistles full squad - but given all the above circumstances I thought they were pretty underwhelming.  

22 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Cannot believe there is a single owner of a pair of eyes trying to claim that’s anything other than a red card. It is the reddest card you’ll see all season 😂

Red, with a capital F.

19 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Good win for us as I’d have ripped your arm off for a point before the game with everything that’s happened at Stark’s lately. Thought Thistle played some nice football but was a little surprised by the lack of end product especially with Graham up top who didn’t have a great game, something just wasn’t happening for them and I guess credit to our back line for that. Amazing both teams were most peoples pick for the league this year and we’re not exactly setting the heather alight first two games. I’ve no doubt Thistle will turn it around very shortly as there's some good players in that team. Well done to the Thistle fans always a great backing our end was pretty quiet but I guess we’ve not much to sing about just now until we sort things out in the dugout. 

Both teams well below their levels of last season. 

There's obviously a long way to go but I thought Livi and Falkirk would both finish top three and I haven't changed my mind (so far). 

On 10/08/2024 at 23:55, Broken Algorithms said:

If you're really desperate to watch again, the Raith TV season pass has the full replay under their video archive. 

The penalty looks a lot clearer than it did in the stands, and the red card looks brutal. 

On a different note, we've been slaughtered for signing Lewis Stevenson on a 2 year deal given his age but he absolutely had Chalmers in his pocket. Every time I've seen Chalmers at Starks until now he's ran the show, but today he looked completely obsolete.

Every defender Chalmers has played against so far has had him in their pocket.

Let's just say he's not hit the ground running.

23 hours ago, The Kebab Pie said:

There seems to be some sort of weird propaganda across social media and some on here that the Rovers were some what good yesterday. Realistically, two teams flinging shite at each other on a terrible surface in terrible conditions. Raith squeezed the game in the middle of the park meaning we would then need to try and launch one into BG. Never really worked but on the flip side any time raith got the ball they just launched it into a corner to try and play for 2nd balls. Which is strange because you’d thought with boys like easton and stanton in there they would try and play. 

No gripes re. The penalty. But on the red card maybe I’m seeing it with slightly thistle tinted glasses the tackle was no where near “knee high”. From the footage it looks like robinson tries to get his foot inbetween connolly and the ball to drag away and connolly nicks in just before him. I’d say a nailed on booking but a red? Not for me. I’ll let the ref off with trying to play advantage, i know some people have tried to say it should have been brought back. But we did still have possession of the ball.

Poor result / performance from the jags, I’m not writing us off just yet. Still think there will be a couple of players to come in between now and the end of the window. Plus lawless and mackay to come back in (hopefully) before Christmas

Unbelievable how much we are missing Mackay and he's not played a league game for us yet. I think we should put Turner wide left, as Rovers did v us in play off.

We need to do something, it's not happening at the moment.

Is this a season too far for Partick's older players like Graham and Lawless? No doubt they've been excellent players but they had great opportunities for promotion the last two seasons and came up short, can they make the play-offs again this season?

3 hours ago, Jag71 said:

Unbelievable how much we are missing Mackay and he's not played a league game for us yet. I think we should put Turner wide left, as Rovers did v us in play off.

Aye, it's even just offering something else off the wings. Mackay is a lot more direct than Chalmers.

Chalmers is similar to Lawless where he really wants to chop inside and have a shot / play someone in. I think with a natural RB overlapping him he'll be a lot more effective. Just now he's getting totally isolated down that side. 

On the otherside Fitzy hasn't quite been his usual self at all, Raith just doubled up on him on Saturday and forced him back the way and the couple of times he'd maybe get a break away one on one vs Matthews he'd take a poor touch or Matthews would Marshall him out of play. 

1 hour ago, Jag71 said:

I felt Turner was a bit hit and miss for us last season. When he was on it he was really good but too often he seemed to go missing.