Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Last week had nothing to do with the club finances and was a genuine bank error the issue has now been resolved from what I've been told. Lanarkshire Live have also said that it has been resolved. 

It’s normal for the players and staff to walk out if there wages haven’t been paid due to a bank error is it? Surely this must have happened on several occasions to warrant that reaction

In terms of an outside the box suggestion, I wouldn't be opposed to Brian Graham as player manager, he's meant to be well thought of for his work at Partick women and he guarantees you at least 20 goals.  Also fully aware there's absolutely no was we'd get him out of his Partick contract 

McCabe leads to an interesting issue around new signing Callum Fordyce and alleged falling out between the 2. 

That would lead to contract number 3 potentially needing to be paid up. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

McCabe leads to an interesting issue around new signing Callum Fordyce and alleged falling out between the 2. 

That would lead to contract number 3 potentially needing to be paid up. 

And this is the reason why, if Barrowman isn’t full of shit and it has been in the pipeline for a while and all due diligence has taken place, it won’t be McCabe as the falling out is real so why would you sign Fordyce knowing that?

Makes zero sense.

10 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I spoke to Fordyce shortly after he signed and he only had good things to say about McCabe.

Is this supposed falling out a very recent occurrence? 

He’s hardly going to tell you a private family matter is he? More likely to give you a stock answer.

It happened after the playoff games. Specifically the 2nd leg.

42 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Link please.

It was on the big football podcast with Ewan Cameron and Steven Mill. 

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

Announce Gary Bowyer.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He'd be a cracking appointment tbf.

Was he actually any good, you guys dropped him pretty quickly after being promoted?

Edited by mrpaddyx

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Rhys putting us lads to shame, 26 minutes in, he could have caused a fire.

2 minutes of fast forwarding to find it. If it’s any consolation, they name Dougy Imrie as the guy they’ve heard as favourite for the job. 

Regardless im not sure I’d take anything with Ewan Cameron in it seriously though!

Just now, Airdrie76 said:

2 minutes of fast forwarding to find it. If it’s any consolation, they name Dougy Imrie as the guy they’ve heard as favourite for the job. 

Regardless im not sure I’d take anything with Ewan Cameron in it seriously though!

I have no f**king clue what your point of reference is, however it's great to have another point of view.

8 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Was he actually any good, you guys dropped him pretty quickly after being promoted?

Had his hands tied behind his back transfer wise in that he was saddled with James McPake's terrible squad and had to work with what he had or wheel and deal. Struggled to offload anyone that was on a high wage - notably Shaun Byrne - which meant he was really shopping in the bargain basement. Signed Zach Robinson on loan, Tyler French who was a revelation for us until a horrific injury, and a few others that did bits and pieces for us.

Created a huge bond between the support and the team again which was badly needed after McIntyre, McPake then McGhee. He had a falling out with the board over our new training pitches and fell out with Nelms & Strachan allegedly which meant he was getting punted at the end of the season regardless.

It's proven to be a good decision as Docherty has been excellent with us but I wouldn't have been unhappy going into the top flight with Bowyer despite scraping over the line in the Championship such was the impression he made.

Quality manager IMO and with a bit of backing could do well.