Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why?

Theres pressure in every decision they make,budgets,players,managers etc ,some decision work others dont and is the case  in most walks of life.They must have thought it was riskier to keep IM in place than bringing someone new in

I don’t think it really requires being spelled out to the majority as to why TBH.

We’ve fired a manager one game into the season, became a talking point for all sports news outlets in the UK. A manager that delivered 2nd place, 20 wins and 69 points last term. Less than 9 months after giving a contract extension with associated cheesy social media vid. Days after sanctioning and getting clear Ian Murray signings in ie Fordyce, Hamlon and Stevenson.

No supporter was calling or expecting the change. To do it and potentially replace with failure would bring a whole host of fresh and unneeded issues.

I’ll double down, a blind man can see its massive pressure to get this right.

I go home and away which is sizeable and expensive endeavour these days. I hope they get it right.

What we waiting on! The people have spoken. Appoint big dumb Yogi again. The c**t is just sitting about the house watching Homes Under The Hammer.

Total football: Mano a Mano.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

What we waiting on! The people have spoken. Appoint big dumb Yogi again. The c**t is just sitting about the house watching Homes Under The Hammer.

Total football: Mano a Mano.

The weird thing is 2 weeks after his sacking,  it looks like Ian Murray is the best option for the managers gig he just got bagged from..

It's a funny old game...

23 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Maybe we could bin Barrowman and re appoint Murray?

Whatever credit he had in the bank is slowly disappearing unless theres a top candidate being pulled from the hat.................... really though I'm gonna wake up in the shower and it's all been a dream. Murray may not have got us promoted but we'd still finish in the top 4/5

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whatever credit he had in the bank is slowly disappearing unless theres a top candidate being pulled from the hat.................... really though I'm gonna wake up in the shower and it's all been a dream. Murray may not have got us promoted but we'd still finish in the top 4/5

I’m not going to base my opinion of Barrowman on rumours and media speculation.

I actually think him responding to twitter questions gives him more credit (even if he didn’t really answer the questions).

Whether he keeps that credit depends very much on the managerial appointment.

3 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I’m not going to base my opinion of Barrowman on rumours and media speculation.

I actually think him responding to twitter questions gives him more credit (even if he didn’t really answer the questions).

Whether he keeps that credit depends very much on the managerial appointment.

To be fair to him, a lot of people in his position would have just stayed quiet and hidden behind a statement. At least he faced up to scrutiny and did interviews. 

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

is it not the whole board that makes managerial appointments and not just barrowman

As CEO he probably has the most say/influence on it. The problem he's got is that he's been out in the press being bullish about the club and saying things like "we've done our due dilligence, we know what direction we want to go in" and "it'll be days rather than weeks". The longer it goes on, the more his words start to sound like hollow bullshit. 

Of course, that due dilligence doesn't seem to have didn't included whether the shortlist candidates were "interested in joining the club" . 

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

As CEO he probably has the most say/influence on it. The problem he's got is that he's been out in the press being bullish about the club and saying things like "we've done our due dilligence, we know what direction we want to go in" and "it'll be days rather than weeks". The longer it goes on, the more his words start to sound like hollow bullshit. 

Of course, that due dilligence doesn't seem to have didn't included whether the shortlist candidates were "interested in joining the club" . 

the reason i asked because john potter is a director is he not. and yes a conspiracy theory in so much that he gets players that ian murray didnt want so a fallout ensued

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

the reason i asked because john potter is a director is he not. and yes a conspiracy theory in so much that he gets players that ian murray didnt want so a fallout ensued

No he isn’t. Although he’s the technical director, he’s not actually on the board.