Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Is there anyone we can realistically get that the fans will actually be excited about?

what about that Ian Murray ?  plays quite exciting football and nearly won the league last season against a team with 3 times his budget. 

41 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Close but not close enough 😉, my moneys is on Fordyce & Mickey   

It would be a big gamble in the hope that Fordyce played a big part in Airdrie's success.

9 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what about that Ian Murray ?  plays quite exciting football and nearly won the league last season against a team with 3 times his budget. 

That is a beltur.

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’d take Magilton in a heart beat, but that might be super pricey you’d think. McCabe ticks the boxes. But we’ll be told to suck it by those At Airdrieonians 

You're not the first to mention Magilton... what makes you (or anyone else) think he'd pitch up at a second tier Scottish club?

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would be a big gamble in the hope that Fordyce played a big part in Airdrie's success.

No such a big gamble if you look at it financially, I would imagine they cant afford to pay Mickey off as well, so it'll either be him with a.n.other, if not Fordyce then one or both of Stevenson & Hanlon, with Potter in his usual role  

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You're not the first to mention Magilton... what makes you (or anyone else) think he'd pitch up at a second tier Scottish club?

I didn’t say he would, I just want us to look beyond the usual meh management from Scotland. Just bored as f**k with the same bloody names, calm yer tits🤦

Edited by Stardog_champion

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Given that he's at Cliftonville just now I reckon the 2nd tier in Scotland would be a step up.

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

See Ben and Aidan Wilson.

24 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

All jokes aside if we hadn't just sacked Ian Murray he would be the kind of manager I would be looking for. On a totally separate note how long do you think Goodwin will get this season? I spoke to a few United fans last season and they weren't very impressed by him.

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

All jokes aside if we hadn't just sacked Ian Murray he would be the kind of manager I would be looking for. On a totally separate note how long do you think Goodwin will get this season? I spoke to a few United fans last season and they weren't very impressed by him.

Don't rate him at all, but we did play quite well yesterday, The new foreign lads seem quite good. A bit like at Aberdeen I think he will recruit ok but as a manager he is crap and I see him not lasting the season.

45 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

is it?  seems very young they not all about 20 ?

Good enough=old enough

Better getting young hungry players that are destined for bigger things than old pros looking for one last payday. Which raith seem to be finding out the hard way.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If we're sacking Murray for results and performances, why would we go to Imrie?

If you do, best move in quick.

It's getting near that time of the season when Falkirk tend to poach our manager to help them drop down a league.

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

I didn’t say he would, I just want us to look beyond the usual meh management from Scotland. Just bored as f**k with the same bloody names, calm yer tits🤦

Absolutely, out the box thinking is the way forward. We were sneered at when appointing McCabe, cheap option, player manager, it'll will never work, and that was just our own fans!

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

is it?  seems very young they not all about 20 ?

The main players we lost from last season are

Josh Rae - replaced with murray Johnston who is a great keeper. Josh Rae was also class but prone to the odd brain fart albeit calmed down in the second season. We didnt even have him for the last part of the season. We have also added Kieran Wright from rangers as back up.

Kanayo Megwa - Megwa was obviously class. Brought in mcdonald who has started superbly. There is talk of Megwa coming back on loan as well. 

Calum Fordyce - Replaced with Aidan wilson who i would say looks like an upgrade

Cammy Ballantyne - i quite liked him as he was versatile. We havent directly replaced him. Talk of another centre half coming in

Charlie Telfer - Again was an important player last season, however, we have brought in Rhys Armstrong, Terrell Agyemang and Chirs Mochrie. We also got Murray Aitken back who was injured for a large part of the season. 

Gabby McGill - replaced with Ben Wilson who is a clear upgrade and a proper striker

We now have much better strength in depth whilst upgrading most of the players above. They are all young but they have plenty energy. Throw in McCabe then its quite an exciting time to be an Airdrie fan. It wont last as McCabe will leave us but, hopefuly the off the field set up is in place and will continue when he leaves. Time will tell with that last part

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He is the first and only to mention him.  He's just done it that often on so many different threads that you think it's multiple people.

54 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Good enough=old enough

Better getting young hungry players that are destined for bigger things than old pros looking for one last payday. Which raith seem to be finding out the hard way.

We've literally played one league game against our bogey team!