Clyde Vs Stranraer⛳ 🏌️‍♂️

First home game of the new season we need to be looking at getting 3 points from this and the following week if we have ambitions of top 4 after a somewhat indifferent performance on Saturday I'd like to see a change in the front line.

Kinnear 

Houston McKay Hamilton Robson 

Grant Murdoch Scullion 

Redfern Connell Connelly 

I think connell has merited a start I've been disappointed in Jordans performances last couple of games, Rennie wasn't great either against forfar is bring in Lee Connelly again get some minutes under the belt.

18 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I think connell has merited a start I've been disappointed in Jordans performances last couple of games

I agree that Allan's performances have been a bit off but as a striker he needs games to get up to speed and getting that first goal will make a world of a difference. I think it's maybe a wee bit premature to be talking about dropping him after only three starts and one league game. If Allan is poor again this weekend, then I agree it's probably time to start giving Kyle Connell more minutes. I think Connell and Allan would be very good as a pair, in a 'more traditional' 4-4-2 but with Connell starting slightly more withdrawn.

Agree with the rest of the starting line up but I'd rejig it a wee bit to go to a 4-2-3-1:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - McKay - Hamilton - Robson -

- Grant - Murdoch -

- Redfern - Scullion - Connelly -

- Allan -

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I agree that Allan's performances have been a bit off but as a striker he needs games to get up to speed and getting that first goal will make a world of a difference. I think it's maybe a wee bit premature to be talking about dropping him after only three starts and one league game. If Allan is poor again this weekend, then I agree it's probably time to start giving Kyle Connell more minutes. I think Connell and Allan would be very good as a pair, in a 'more traditional' 4-4-2 but with Connell starting slightly more withdrawn.

Agree with the rest of the starting line up but I'd rejig it a wee bit to go to a 4-2-3-1:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - McKay - Hamilton - Robson -

- Grant - Murdoch -

- Redfern - Scullion - Connelly -

- Allan -

I’d go with that team, too.

Although Rennie scored a good amount of goals last season his performances week to week can be at opposite ends of the scale.

Howie is an excellent backup centre half. Cuddihy will probably suit the role of super sub, too given his injury issues.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’d go with that team, too.

Although Rennie scored a good amount of goals last season his performances week to week can be at opposite ends of the scale.

Howie is an excellent backup centre half. Cuddihy will probably suit the role of super sub, too given his injury issues.

Super sub is normally a tag given to a sub who comes on and scores....David Fairclough of Liverpool being the prime example....how many goals will Baz get us do you think? Been a while since the "WOWEE" moment......with respect....to Barry obviously.....not you.

Pretty embarrassing for us to have cnt c cnt p the preview  from not our last, but or 2nd last home match.

PREVIEW: CLYDE V STRANRAER

AUGUST 9, 2024

The Bully Wee play their first home William Hill League 2 match of the season tomorrow afternoon as Stranraer visit New Douglas Park.

The Blues also picked up a point on the opening day of the campaign, after a 2-2 draw at home to The Spartans.

Admission prices for 2024-25 league matches have been set at:

• Adult – £19
  • Over-65 – £15
  • Under-18 – £5

Tickets should be purchased online in advance via the Clyde FC Ticket Store

MATCHDAY INFORMATION

Kick-off: 3pm

Tickets: Tickets should be purchased online in advance via the Clyde FC Ticket Store or TicketCo Wallet app. Tickets can also be purchase on the turnstiles with cash/contactless payment, but we strongly advise advance purchase to avoid the need to queue at the stadium. There will be no ticket sales from the Clyde matchday office. 

Season Tickets: Season Tickets are still on sale and can be purchased online via the Ticket Store.

Stadium Entry: Clyde supporters should enter via turnstiles 1-3 on the right (south-west corner) of the Main Stand, or via the Main Door through into the Fanzone if they have purchased a ticket in advance. Supporters paying at the gate who wish to access the Fanzone will need to enter via the turnstile first. Motherwell supporters should enter via turnstile 7 in the North Stand.

Buzzing for this today. 

Think purely because I've no idea how this game will be or how we will line up.

It could click and we could score 5 or we could look rusty again and struggle.

This is way better than knowing we will be poor. 

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Stadium Entry: Clyde supporters should enter via turnstiles 1-3 on the right (south-west corner) of the Main Stand, or via the Main Door through into the Fanzone if they have purchased a ticket in advance. Supporters paying at the gate who wish to access the Fanzone will need to enter via the turnstile first. Motherwell supporters should enter via turnstile 7 in the North Stand.

Expecting a lot of Motherwell supporters today?

1 hour ago, Replays said:

Interesting we’re housing Stranraer in the North Stand again today, and limiting the fanzone to home fans only.  Obviously not drawing a line under last season then.

The ticketing link says turnstile 4 for away fans and Fanzone not open, the preview says turnstile 7 and Fanzone open to Stranraer fans. Thinking the latter is correct and the former has been copied and pasted from the Motherwell game.

We need to start playing this like a League 2 game, rather than this tippy-tappy nonsense. Get Rennie, Connell and Howie on.

That said, Stranraer have did okay  and we maybe just need a bit of patience. It was going our way a bit more as we approached the break.

Houston has been absolutely shocking.