Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Robbo is way off the mark this time. We never controlled the game. We hardly caused a problem for Aberdeen. 

Tbf neither did Aberdeen. I'm struggling to remember either keeper having any saves of any note.

10 minutes ago, mcginns said:

If refer to my previous reply re the reaction to beating St Johnstone being a bit embarrassing. Don't take my word for it...check out what Willie Miller said on the radio today.

This is not a reflection of how good the fans think the team is.  It's a cultural change in how players behave at the end of matches.  Chairmen and/or managers have decided it's good marketing for players to salute the fans for their support.  It's not specific to Aberdeen. Some old timers like Miller don't understand it or like it because in their day you only did it if you'd done something special.

St Mirren players did exactly the same today.  They went to salute their fans at the end of the match, and got prolonged cheering and applause.  After being gubbed 3-1 at Pittodrie.  Incidentally, how embarrassed were you by that?

9 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Tbf neither did Aberdeen. I'm struggling to remember either keeper having any saves of any note.

He could have had some saves of note if he had been able to make a save any of the three times we put the ball in the net. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He could have had some saves of note if he had been able to make a save any of the three times we put the ball in the net. 

So you had 3 chances in a game you supposedly dominated? 

Aberdeen took their chances (3) , we didn't take ours bar one.

Today's result won't define either club's season, so I'm pretty much at ease with it.

Enjoy your night.

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I assume Stephen Robinson was absolutely pished in his post match press conference?

”We controlled the majority of the game”

If you’re going to make a tit of yourself, probably best to STFU.

What a f**king clown 😂

This was a good example of a game demonstrating what holdsback Scottish football. St Mirren repeatedly fouling to win the ball, then diving to the deck with any contact the other way and the ref happy to play along.

Maybe by controlling the game he means trying to limit the playing of any football, as much as possible. They certainly didn’t try and play themselves.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

So you had 3 chances in a game you supposedly dominated? 

Aberdeen took their chances (3) , we didn't take ours bar one.

Today's result won't define either club's season, so I'm pretty much at ease with it.

Enjoy your night.

We didn't dominate the game, but neither did St Mirren control it like Robinson claims. But I always find it odd when fans claim their goalkeeper 'didn't have a save to make' when that same goalkeeper has let in three goals or something - he did have saves to make, he just didn't make them. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

We didn't dominate the game, but neither did St Mirren control it like Robinson claims. But I always find it odd when fans claim their goalkeeper 'didn't have a save to make' when that same goalkeeper has let in three goals or something - he did have saves to make, he just didn't make them. 

We controlled the game by letting St Mirren have the ball.

Just now, DrewDon said:

Our keeper was at fault at your first goal, the other 2 he could do nothing about.  

13 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

This was a good example of a game demonstrating what holdsback Scottish football. St Mirren repeatedly fouling to win the ball, then diving to the deck with any contact the other way and the ref happy to play along.

I don't think that's true tbh, but I've also seen some utterly hatchet performances from Aberdeen over the past couple of seasons. Well done for scoring a couple of decent goals today but don't start thinking you haven't spent three years kicking f**k out of everything sometimes as well.

I don’t agree with Robbo’s take on events.

The facts are though, that with Europe, with O’Hara, McMenamin and Kiltie injured, if I’d been offered 3 points from the opening two games, progressed past Valur, and still in the tie against Norway’s runners-up last season and a very, very slick outfit - I’d have signed for that. 100%.

There’s nothing embarrasing about a sub-standard performance and 3-1 defeat away to Aberdeen. The ‘Glasgow Saintees’ patter though. Fortunately, most Dons fans on here have better standards of wind-up than that.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I don't think that's true tbh, but I've also seen some utterly hatchet performances from Aberdeen over the past couple of seasons. Well done for scoring a couple of decent goals today but don't start thinking you haven't spent three years kicking f**k out of everything sometimes as well.

We were the ones that weren't happy watching that style of football. We're well aware.