Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That post match interview was top quality bantz from Robbo. 🤣🤣

The biggest measure of how far we’ve come is Aberdeen fans virtually pishin their breeks at getting a home win against us. 

My breeks are completely dry.

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The biggest measure of how far we’ve come is Aberdeen fans virtually pishin their breeks at getting a home win against us. 

Their breeks had literally just dried out after getting a win in Perth.

28 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Their breeks had literally just dried out after getting a win in Perth.

Calm down 

You are a club that celebrated a first top 6 finish in decades as if you had won the champions league

You are a very angry bitter bunch in Glasgow Paisley

Took this game in yesterday.

Highland Dons v Glasgow Saints.

Enjoyable watch. Two big mistakes for first half goals.  Neither team was on top. Second half Aberdeen goals came a the right time and it was a stroll in the end. Poor from St Mirren tbf.

Thought Neilsin, not he best player but was the most influential. His talking to the other players was non-stop positive and negative at times.   

Both teams will have yo improve if they want to get into the top 6.

Time will tell.

Edited by SlipperyP

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Enjoyable watch. Two big mistakes for first half goals.  Neither team was on top. Second half Aberdeen goals came a the right time and it was a stroll in the end. Poor from St Mirren tbf.

Thought Neilsin, not he best player but was the most influential. His talking to the other players was non-stop positive and negative at times.   

Time will tell.

Very good summary, Mr Slippery, you need to have a word with the St Mirren manager.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Time will tell.

IMG_0565.jpeg

It's real compliment to this new look AFC team that crack European outfit St Mirren came to town and decided to abandon all football and instead prioritise 90 minutes of 'leaving one in'.

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Brilliant.

A full season of Aberdeen fans posting after defeating a team at home who operate on a miniscule of their budget who had just completed a tough 90 mins on the Thursday against a more than decent European outfit, and are without three of their first team choice players in O’Hara, McMenamin, and Kiltie.

You're not covering yourself in glory here.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Never mind about slagging off Aberdeen fans for apparently over-celebrating, if I were a St Mirren fan I’d be more concerned that your team made little or no impression on a team with Shayden Morris and Pape Habib Gueye in the starting eleven and bringing Peter Ambrose on to the pitch. I thought this would be our first real test of the season, but the reality is that it wasn’t. St Johnstone gave us a much stiffer test. I thought that Devlin, Ruby, Shinnie, Nilsen and McGrath were our best players, but I get the fear when Morris or Gueye are on the ball, to see what the hell they are going to do with it and any positivity I had for Gueye after the Dumbarton game has dissipated. We were pretty comfortable against a poor St Mirren side for the bulk of the match and in particular the second half. I’ll have a pint of whatever Robinson had before his interview.

On gueye, now we’re starting to see a bit more of him, one of the most annoying things with him is how much time he wants on the ball. There was a few times where he had a couple of ok touches then he wants to turn and turn back again and eventually they got a foot in on him. 

Too many times it slows down a counter attack too, you can’t imagine it’s what thelin is wanting from him. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On gueye, now we’re starting to see a bit more of him, one of the most annoying things with him is how much time he wants on the ball. There was a few times where he had a couple of ok touches then he wants to turn and turn back again and eventually they got a foot in on him. 

Too many times it slows down a counter attack too, you can’t imagine it’s what thelin is wanting from him. 

I think he creates a chaos factor where neither the opposition nor his own team mates have any idea what he's going to do.

In tight games like this, he may just give you that x factor now and again and could prove a useful squad player.

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I think he creates a chaos factor where neither the opposition nor his own team mates have any idea what he's going to do.

In tight games like this, he may just give you that x factor now and again and could prove a useful squad player.

I think you may be being slightly charitable but I haven’t completely written him off. The moment in the first half when he took on the diagonal ball and drove into the box was a glimpse of the attributes he could have - although the finish was poor. 

If I had to place money I’d still say that this time next year he’ll be gone or nowhere near the team. 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

It's real compliment to this new look AFC team that crack European outfit St Mirren came to town and decided to abandon all football and instead prioritise 90 minutes of 'leaving one in'.

St Mirren reserves, get it right.

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Despite the snidey phrasing, you have a point. Robinson had you punching above your weight last season (budget wise) and you had our number. So it's encouraging to beat you relatively comfortably. Not too exciting likes, but a positive step. 

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you may be being slightly charitable but I haven’t completely written him off. The moment in the first half when he took on the diagonal ball and drove into the box was a glimpse of the attributes he could have - although the finish was poor. 

If I had to place money I’d still say that this time next year he’ll be gone or nowhere near the team. 

I couldn't believe he didn't attempt to side foot that past the keeper 🤣