Overall we played well at different stages but Ayr deserved the win today. Extremely frustrating though to be leading at a stage and to pick up nothing. Same issues which keep on causing us in defence. Changes were poor from Rankin however it does seem like Scott Martin was carrying an injury as mentioned by Rankin mid week. However to finish the game with 3 strikers on the pitch was very annoying as we seen that didn't work last week all good to have those players on the pitch but you need to have servive on the pitch which we clearly didn't. For me the last 2 weeks has proved my point that we badly need a midfielder just as much as a center half and right back if Scott Martin gets a long term injury we are doomed. For Ayr though Marco Rus is some player and looks destined to be playing at a higher level at some point.

Next week is now an early in the season must win we really need to make sure that we walk away with 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought that was largely good throughout tbh, other than a couple of ten minute spells. 

Jay Henderson is a joy to watch, and he links so well with his full back. 

Never fall in love with a loan player mate! 

Honestly I'm feeling quite stoic about losing that. This was a game to get out the way with barely any available defenders. Happy we've finally scored in the championship. I'd really hope for us to pick up 6 points in our next two I think given Airdrie's form and Dunfermline's struggles. 

Great win today. Thought Hamilton made a right game of it, played some decent stuff and looked sharp. They'll be fine this season I think. 

We weren't at our best and went long a bit too often, especially since we know that's the strongest bit of McGintys game but the quality of Rus and Henderson was the difference. 

Watrets put his stamp on RB for me. He's a young lad and he'll not always be brilliant but he's got massive potential and his assist today was mustard.

Aye Musonda was ok against Airdrie but he looks like getting beaten every time someone goes at him, he's just never a RB for me. 

The squads looking pretty strong too. Options off the bench make a huge difference.

Ayr deserved to goal ahead but I thought Hamilton played some decent stuff at times and seized on Musonda having a dodgy time defensively today. They deserved their lead at half time. 

Good showing in the second half to regain lead. Rus is a cracking player and it was a cracking goal. Watret did great to set up Oakley. 

Last 5 minutes was a bombscare, we looked panicky at times, especially for Hamilton's disallowed goal. 

14 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

How long was Somerset Boab waiting to hit that sound effect for an opposition goal to be given offside 

Missed this, what did he have on?

43 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

I didnt see anything after the game but i saw the thoroyghly terrifying Hamilton ultras in their little halloween ninja costumes dancing backwards at around 5 to 3 at the turnstyles on the corner before being sent away with a word from a lone female steward. 😂

There were a few punches etc exchanged outside the club shop after the game. There was one guy with some blood on him but I was shepherding the kids away so don’t know if it went on for long. 

1 minute ago, HonestJim said:

There were a few punches etc exchanged outside the club shop after the game. There was one guy with some blood on him but I was shepherding the kids away so don’t know if it went on for long. 

Embarrassing behaviour. 

4 minutes ago, HonestJim said:

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Embarrassing behaviour. 

It all came to an end pretty quick. Embarrassing behaviour. Lots of kids about. Concerning that its happened a few times already this season, wee idiots.

You'd think with the police kicking about they could at least have a bit of a presence in that area before and after matches - especially after our own bloody mascot got punched by a Dundee Utd supporter last season.