21 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Forthbank is so well known for it's large attendances and electric atmospheres... 

I think the most noise out the stadium was when a few empty Lucozade bottles were left in the dressing room after a game.

Last time I was there I saw a young boy (maybe 9 or 10 years old) get huckled out by a gang of stewards for possession of a drum. He then reappeared by scaling the wall and goaded the fat steward into a Benny Hill Music chase behind the disused terrace. All the while his friends chanted "paedo, paedo" at the steward.

A high point in my football attending life.

Edited by DoingThe42

4 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I can't help but think the folk greetin' about the £19 but apparently absolutely fine paying just £2 less last season are, for want of a better phrase - at it. Of course you could argue that this level of football simply isn't worth £19 but was it worth £17? Is it even worth £16 or, dare I say it, £15? Probably not. No lower league football fan I know is in this with any expectation of getting their money's worth, no matter if the gate price is £14 or £19.

If you genuinely cannot afford it that's a different matter but I think anyone who could afford the £17 last season can almost definitely afford a 2 quid increase. By all means, stay away if you think you're making some sort of point about the moral nature of the pricing structure but ultimately, all you're doing it hurting the team you profess to love.

As for these Stirling fans who have decided big bad NDP is just too soul destroying for them to grace us with their presence, know this - we wouldn't have known you were there on Saturday regardless of the result. Have fun watching the live updates on the BBC. Your club is very much welcome to you. 

Not so sure that 'if folk can afford £17 then they can afford £19' is that great an argument to be honest.

12 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Last time I was there I saw a young boy (maybe 9 or 10 years old) get huckled out by a gang of stewards for possession of a drum. He then reappeared by scaling the wall and goaded the fat steward into a Benny Hill Music chase behind the disused terrace. All the while his friends chanted "paedo, paedo" at the steward.

A high point in my football attending life.

That is tremendous tbf.

2 hours ago, Cannibal said:

Not so sure that 'if folk can afford £17 then they can afford £19' is that great an argument to be honest.

Correct, just because folk ‘can afford it’ doesn’t mean it isn’t ripping the piss.

I can't be bothered getting into tit for tat arguments over the entrance fee. Ultimately, I can not afford to attend every game these days (like i once did). As much as I (and my son) would love too, I just can't, so you have to draw the line somewhere. £19 for League 2 football is too high, so Clyde away is a fixture that I'll not be attending this season, just like I will not be attending East Fife games or Edinburgh City games. If someone wants to increase my income, then I would go, but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Now, people can have a go at me for this and others can post belittling comments about Stirling fans, that's your prerogative. However, I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone and that other working people with families with other outgoing's, also won't pay the inflated entry price. Rather than have a pop at the whole fan group or question if they are being serious, maybe someone within the club should be thinking "we're actually loosing out on money here" and do something about it. Maybe not, and things will never change, but who knows. If there's a problem and you don't highlight it, then more fool you.

That's the last I'm going to say about it.

Was just waiting on confirmation that Clyde are playing at NDP on Saturday.... they have had more moves than David Goodwillie 🤣

Agree with previous posts about £19 being too much for SPFL2 football...& if people don't have the means to go then that's fine, .the atmosphere is bland....catering honkin...parking another thing...great advert 👌 

But i suppose they need inflated prices to pay the landlords at Accies.... just saying 👍

In all seriousness, £19 is too expensive. £17 is too expensive. For the 19/20 season our walk-up price in League 1 was £15, so despite dropping a division we've had a 21% increase in ticket prices and as far as I can tell, that's about £3 ahead of inflation.

The money has to come from somewhere but it shouldn't be hitting the pockets of fans that just want to come to the game with their kids.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

In all seriousness, £19 is too expensive. £17 is too expensive. For the 19/20 season our walk-up price in League 1 was £15, so despite dropping a division we've had a 21% increase in ticket prices and as far as I can tell, that's about £3 ahead of inflation.

The money has to come from somewhere but it shouldn't be hitting the pockets of fans that just want to come to the game with their kids.

can't disagree with any of that.  it's easy to say, yeah it's just a couple of pound more.  i think we were £14 in League 2, only 2 seasons ago.. 20% plus increase in 2 years and definitely no 20% increase in quality.

there has to be a limit somewhere and it's hard to see many clubs attracting more fans at these sort of prices. 

8 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Was just waiting on confirmation that Clyde are playing at NDP on Saturday.... they have had more moves than David Goodwillie 🤣

Agree with previous posts about £19 being too much for SPFL2 football...& if people don't have the means to go then that's fine, .the atmosphere is bland....catering honkin...parking another thing...great advert 👌 

But i suppose they need inflated prices to pay the landlords at Accies.... just saying 👍

Are you talking about Forthbank or NDP here? Or any other stadium below the championship tbh?

Looking forward to this one again on Saturday.

Think Hynes has probably played his way into starting on Saturday so imagine Hamilton will be in the middle. 

Again, no idea who starts along the front 4. Leitch looked bright on Wednesday coming on too but no idea if he'll get the nod!

Hopefully start this game like the second half last Saturday and see some consistency creeping in. 

Well Saturday comes around again, binos @ NDP 

Seems like a quiet week for the sqaud, no more injury updates, so another week's training for the lads to gel & work together,

It's going to be tough today but a bit of self belief & trust in each other to be brave on the ball, i'd like to see them move the ball a bit quicker in midfield & stretch the game, IMO still need a LM with a bit of pace who can take a man on & occupy the FB... also a solid veteran midfielder to help the young lads..

Hopefully Carrick starts today 🙏 

Again all we ask is effort on the pitch, desire & willingness to work as a team, will always be behind the lads 

C'mon the binos 🇵🇪 💪

The exact starting lineup I would have picked. Usually when that happens we are 2-0 down by half-time and have to make 3 changes. 

Hynes a bit unlucky to miss out.

39 minutes ago, David W said:

The exact starting lineup I would have picked. Usually when that happens we are 2-0 down by half-time and have to make 3 changes. 

Hynes a bit unlucky to miss out.

Think leitch is a little unlucky too but McCall doesn't really like playing him out wide it seems. 

Just wondering,  and I know someone can help here. Clyde traditionally played their home games in white with red trim. According to Bet365 Clyde are playing in blue kit today against Stirling Albion who usually play in a red kit. Am I missing something ? Has there been a change of colours for the Bully Wee ?

Probably the best first half we’ve had in the league the season. Plenty of the ball, decent openings, just lacking the end product, yet we’re a goal down.

Still plenty of time but we need more from the forward players.