Cove Rangers vs Dumbarton

Outcome   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/08/24 at 14:00

11 minutes ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Jesus loon, the club paid a fit and well Ian Vigurs salary for 9 months and he didn’t kick a ba!! Im sure a wee lost leader on an Ice Cream van and a few tickets is peanuts in comparison.

Valid point with regards to Vigurs getting paid, but the two spends are not linked, if anything that just shows issues elsewhere within the club.

16 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Valid point with regards to Vigurs getting paid, but the two spends are not linked, if anything that just shows issues elsewhere within the club.

Everything is linked at a small club where every financial decision has a domino effect. I don’t imagine we have any greater issues than the clubs around us and the stewardship of the club is (in my view) sound. The issue for a good few I talk to is more that since round the time of the sacking of McIntyre we seem to have lurched from one undiscussed mini crisis to the next, whether that’s the manager, going full time, the standard of the product on the pitch and the facilities (or lack of). None of them in isolation would be enough to stop the majority coming but combined I feel it’s created a gradual drift away, just building some stands won’t be the panacea if the product on the pitch continues to be as poor as it’s been for a good while. I see Keith getting challenged by folk (particularly on the manager) occasionally in the lounge at home games so I hope he got the same challenge at the supporters meeting? 

Edited by Bieldside Boy

9 minutes ago, Bieldside Boy said:

I see Keith getting challenged by folk (particularly on the manager) occasionally in the lounge at home games so I hope he got the same challenge at the supporters meeting? 

To be fair to them, they felt like they had both done their homework and answered a lot of the questions that people would have, answered the questions they did get well.

Its strange to even say but even Paul came off well.

I hope they do a similar session for the wider fan base rather than just the Supporters Club as I found it interesting to hear some of what goes on and what their challenges are.  But I suppose the issue there is, the Supporters Club asked for the meeting and got it, people not in the supporters club need to find a way to ask, or (cheap shill time) just join the Supporters Club, I think they are trying to organise more of these meetings throughout the season so it will hopefully show that the Supporters Club is more than just cheaper bus travel.

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Is there not a Cove Rangers thread for all this mind numbing Cove background chat?

Don’t worry.  It happens every Cove match thread, for some reason people seem to like talking about it in the match thread rather than the Cove thread, will admit I don’t help because I will reply to it here.  

You have three more of these to look forward to.

6 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Don’t worry.  It happens every Cove match thread, for some reason people seem to like talking about it in the match thread rather than the Cove thread, will admit I don’t help because I will reply to it here.  

Goody gum drops

19 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Jesus loon, you 3 speak so much shite someone has to keep you in check 👍

19 minutes ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Jesus loon, you 3 speak so much shite someone has to keep you in check 👍

I have a black kettle, would you be interested in trading for your black pot?

39 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

I have a black kettle, would you be interested in trading for your black pot?

Nah, I’m off back to my seat in the stand and watch from a far. You could turn your kettle into a tin foil hat and forget all about that £2mil Uncle Keith told you nae to worry about. 

6 hours ago, Jo9 said:

To be fair to them, they felt like they had both done their homework and answered a lot of the questions that people would have, answered the questions they did get well.

Its strange to even say but even Paul came off well.

I hope they do a similar session for the wider fan base rather than just the Supporters Club as I found it interesting to hear some of what goes on and what their challenges are.  But I suppose the issue there is, the Supporters Club asked for the meeting and got it, people not in the supporters club need to find a way to ask, or (cheap shill time) just join the Supporters Club, I think they are trying to organise more of these meetings throughout the season so it will hopefully show that the Supporters Club is more than just cheaper bus travel.

Would the club even consider it though? The supporters club at least put some money back into the club so have a bit of pull to do so? Does the chairman really care about the supporter who only attends every second week at home to care what they think 

5 hours ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Paul is actually a very humble honest guy, does himself no favours with his attitude at times. Glad he came over well. 

Yes met him a few times out with the club. Speaks very well. He’s like a WWE wrestler and the manager side of him being like his character 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

No, not now. 

None at all? Thats pretty shite.

Is it even covered terracing for away fans? I thought we left shite grounds behind us when we got promoted from League Two and didn't need to go to Bonnyrigg this season.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

None at all? Thats pretty shite.

Is it even covered terracing for away fans? I thought we left shite grounds behind us when we got promoted from League Two and didn't need to go to Bonnyrigg this season.

I would imagine one of the sheds would house the away fans? They normally would have before the stands went in. 

7 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

I would imagine one of the sheds would house the away fans? They normally would have before the stands went in. 

Pretty garbage that a supposedly professional club can't offer a seat to visiting away fans, some of whom may be unable to stand for the duration of a match.. 

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

Pretty garbage that a supposedly professional club can't offer a seat to visiting away fans, some of whom may be unable to stand for the duration of a match.. 

They should lay off the drink then. 

Seriously, it's a poor state of affairs not having some seating provided for the away fans, surely should be a requirement for membership.