Motherwell v Kilmarnock

Did Killie have a concussion substitution, BBC has them down as making 7 changes during the match?

I have never seen anything as blatant as the Killie sub coming round behind the goal and telling the keeper to go down.  Guess what, the keeper went down and got treatment.  Surely the officials saw this?

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did Killie have a concussion substitution, BBC has them down as making 7 changes during the match?

I have never seen anything as blatant as the Killie sub coming round behind the goal and telling the keeper to go down.  Guess what, the keeper went down and got treatment.  Surely the officials saw this?

They got the concussion sub when Donnelly came on. The boy was bleeding from the top of his head so the concussion sub was fair enough.

Would rather o'hara just threw it in his own net in injury time.

Embarrassing we have teams playing extra time (with 10 men) when other nations are giving their European sides a full week off.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The more I think about this, the physio was complicit in this.  It was role play, flexing the leg of an uninjured athlete while McInnes gave a coaching team talk. 

30 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Would rather o'hara just threw it in his own net in injury time.

Embarrassing we have teams playing extra time (with 10 men) when other nations are giving their European sides a full week off.

It's a major cup competition, going straight to penalties is for tinpot stuff like the Challenge Cup. The only reason we were playing with 10 men is because one of our players got themselves sent off, and I doubt there are many other nations giving their sides a midweek off between two different European ties.

4 hours ago, Swami said:

I’m happy to be proved wrong but I didn’t even think that was a foul, never mind a second yellow. We’d never have beaten Killie if they had kept 11 on the park. 

Absolutely no complaints from me, both definite bookings. Findlay sold the jerseys today. Usually tremendous for us so suppose he's allowed one!

5 hours ago, Swami said:

I’m happy to be proved wrong but I didn’t even think that was a foul, never mind a second yellow. We’d never have beaten Killie if they had kept 11 on the park. 

From where I was sitting, he absolutely wiped him out and it was a stick-on yellow card. Even with all the changes, Killie have built a good squad, and it was still a team of recognisable names rather than filling the team with youngsters. Not surprisingly, we lacked a cutting edge and Killie looked comfortable at the back with them sticking with the two regular central defenders. We really needed to mix it up as putting crosses in was meat and drink for their defence. The subs offered us something different and the goal finally came but we sat back for some reason and the closing stages were much more nervy than they needed to be.

I liked the look of Maswanihse and I thought Watt and Miller looked as though they could do something together.