Dundee Utd v St. Mirren

1 hour ago, btb said:

Probably in a minority of one but I'm more interested in this game than any of the Euro ones.

Maybe that’s just a difference in history, but European ties are the peak of watching United for me.

Sure we might get pumped but the atmosphere on a European night at Tannadice and a trip to somewhere new cannot be beat.

St Mirren (no offence) in front of a couple of thousand is about as exciting as plain toast.

A goal from a set piece was always coming. Defending - and goalkeeping from Balcombe - from both sides at them hasn’t been great. 

Edited by PSJ.84

WTF has happened to us at corners.

We look like we can lose a goal every time one comes in.

And of course it comes from the one where a sclaff from Tanser gives them a corner that shouldn't have happened.

9 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Saints looking mentally and physically exhausted, added to the game completely passing our midfield by means our defence are not getting a rest.

Yeah, the passage of play that led to the goal, we just couldn't clear the ball at all. We looked like a side labouring at the end of extra time.

Goal aside, United edged it, but not by much, and we had chances. Still in it, just need to avoid any daft mistakes. 

That was painful to watch. We have nothing on the left. Tanser constantly passes back; Idowu doesn't look interested and Mandron cannot control a ball. Half time changes needed.

Idowu and Smyth are offering diddly squat. I cant tell if i was just blinded by them getting goals in pre-season/early league game, but often feels like the games can easily go by them.

Fraser looks like he can pick a pass and deliver good corners and free kicks. 

Am a bit surprised we’re ahead, I felt we were getting forced back into our own half too often but since the goal we’ve done better.

We have signed some skilful players and once they start clicking I think we will see some exciting football this season.

Two league games in and half a cup game against a Premiership side has shown how much tougher the top division is compared to the Championship.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

After a reasonably bright start we are now getting totally torn apart. 
Idowu needs hooked too. He’s absolutely hopeless. 

Idowu far from the only one having a bit of a mare, but he really is struggling.  Every time ball is played to him he's so easily dispossessed.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We have been decent enough, but a bit surprised by how poor St Mirren have been. We're always just a moment away from chucking one in at the back though.

Really?

I'm not. We're missing our entire first pick midfield and their first choice replacements.