Dundee Utd v St. Mirren

Just now, zildjian said:

Smyth since the start of this second half has pretty much positioned himself as a centre back when Dundee get possession ??? No wonder the midfield is collapsing. 

We're not playing m8.

What a howler from your keeper nonetheless.

26 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

That was painful to watch. We have nothing on the left. Tanser constantly passes back; Idowu doesn't look interested and Mandron cannot control a ball. Half time changes needed.

At last!

We have absolutely nothing in midfield today, so we do the long ball up to mandron or ayunga, who either let it bounce off then for united to clear or just fall on their arse allowing them to do the same. I feel sorry for anyone who's paid for this. We deserve nothing, and that's what we'll get. Allied to the fact our tall goalkeeper shrinks to the size of an oompaloompa at an inswinging corner and it's just been an awful awful "performance"

We invited a bit of pressure towards the end, because that's what we do, but it was great to get the win. Actually holding onto a lead as well, what a time to be alive.

Very surprised by how St Mirren played, an extremely direct and physical team which suited us in a way, it felt like one of our games against Morton last season at times...except we won.

I'm sure we'll get Celtic in the next round to piss on our chips, but let's enjoy the moment.

Disappointed as I am in Saints performance, I'd be a little worried if I was a United fan.

Doubt we'll play as badly again this season, and yet United still looked poor.

After next week's home game against Celtic, it's the international break.

We need to have a mental reset, and hopefully get O'Hara, Kiltie, McMenamim and CBM back fit and playing.

The guys that came in to make up the midfield today I don't think will end up duds, but a big ask to have them make up a midfield with none of the regulars in there.

Brown and Taylor have to be starts. Both push forward and pass forward. They give some momentum to the team.

With our complete midfield out injured we played long balls today to forwards (besides Toyosi) who cannot control a ball so it came straight back.

We'll be better with everyone fit but we do need to replace some of the forwards.

Well done Utd. 

1 hour ago, zildjian said:

Smyth since the start of this second half has pretty much positioned himself as a centre back when Dundee get possession ??? No wonder the midfield is collapsing. 

Smyth looked like he couldn't be arsed for the entire game.