Match Outcome  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 13:59

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Didn't we once concede a wind-assisted goal from inside Arbroath's half at Gayfield? I want to say it was Sellars or Byers or someone like that...

Barry Sellers. Think it measured 70 yards. Scored against Michael White who we later signed 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Was that the game where the pitch seemed to have a layer of puddle water right over the top of it as well? We were excellent that day, but those conditions were absolutely insane.

That was probably a bit of a high point in the Duffy-era. That squad for the second-half of the 2018/19 season were a joy to watch.

The guy calling Ross Forbes a "Weegie c*nt" as he's fouled for the penalty cracks me up every time I hear it :lol:

😂😂😂😂

Aye that’s the one - took what felt like an age to get that league won. 13 points ahead or something after a win over Raith sometime in February 

Pish day but much happier times - Hamilton and Gold both part of our squad that day and Interim Gaffers the morn and ToB still our captain like he was that day too…

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Barry Sellers. Think it measured 70 yards. Scored against Michael White who we later signed 

That's it. I always get him and Byers confused for some reason. I can never remember which one played for Arbroath and/or Forfar.

Think I also remember Andy Geggan scoring a wind-assisted screamer for us at Gayfield. Albeit from much closer range.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

That's it. I always get him and Byers confused for some reason. I can never remember which one played for Arbroath and/or Forfar.

Think I also remember Andy Geggan scoring a wind-assisted screamer for us at Gayfield. Albeit from much closer range.

Sellers was Arbroath and Forfar. Byers was Brechin then came to us 

15 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Canna mind Byers playing for us. Arbroath Archive doesn’t have him listed. 

I might be thinking of someone else then. Byers was definitely at Brechin tho 

Edited by lichtie23

49 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Yep, Wikipedia has him as Montrose (on a brief loan), Forfar and Brechin. Think I just always get the two confused because of the similarish sounding names and the fact both played for most of the Angus clubs.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Sellers was Arbroath and Forfar. Byers was Brechin then came to us 

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

53 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I might be thinking of someone else then. Byers was definitely at Brechin tho 

18 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, Wikipedia has him as Montrose (on a brief loan), Forfar and Brechin. Think I just always get the two confused because of the similarish sounding names and the fact both played for most of the Angus clubs.

There should just be one big Angus megaclub anyway.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

There should just be one big Angus megaclub anyway.

Wouldn’t bother me this, Tbf, as long as we played at Gayfield, wore maroon and white and were called Arbroath 

11 hours ago, ecto said:

Wouldn’t bother me this, Tbf, as long as we played at Gayfield, wore maroon and white and were called Arbroath 

To be fair, calling the amalgamation of four clubs from four rural fishing villages with a combined population of 800 a "mega club" is a bit of a stretch.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

To be fair, calling the amalgamation of four clubs from four rural fishing villages with a combined population of 800 a "mega club" is a bit of a stretch.

🤣 The population of Arbroath alone is bigger than Dumbarton

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Forfar and Brechin getting called fishing villages is a big stretch from reality. 

42 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Personally I had never even heard of the town 'Arbroath' let alone their football team prior to the start of this week.

They're just the names of Dundee suburbs

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

We're talking about the human population, not the fish stocks

I wouldn't be making any more weegie brainless comments if i were you. the Fishing villages of Brechin and Forfar 🤣🤣