Match Outcome  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 13:59

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dumbarton - 13 goals in 8 games

Arbroath - 2 goals in 7 games 

Both Arbroath goals scored just great individual goals from Reilly and Coulson that had no right to go in…

Awkward The Office GIF

Dumbarton 0 - 6 Arbroath

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

What's the venue for a pre-match pint? 

Are we welcome in the bar at the home end, or will the away end bar be open, or will it be the bowling club?

I believe you are welcome in the bar at the stadium, fans of Alloa in there 2 weeks ago with no issue (aside from a long walk to their seats). That or the bowling club are your two options at the moment, the Stags is still deid despite signs of life over the last week or two. If you fancy a further walk you can go to the high street but there's not really anywhere there worth it. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I believe you are welcome in the bar at the stadium, fans of Alloa in there 2 weeks ago with no issue (aside from a long walk to their seats). That or the bowling club are your two options at the moment, the Stags is still deid despite signs of life over the last week or two. If you fancy a further walk you can go to the high street but there's not really anywhere there worth it. 

Thanks for that.

I regularly pass the Stags Head, so I knew it wasn't an option, so will probably try to visit the home end bar

I hope we get back to basics. Get ball forward early and try to play in their half. It’s been so incredibly frustrating watching the first 3 games this season, slow ponderous build up allowing other teams to get right back into position, no urgency or drive and no balls or runs in behind.

Every little thing slowed down and infront of the opposition. We have been so easy to play against and the only time our 2 strikers are involved is when they’re chasing clearances from the defence. 

Tomorrow is going to be a really tough game. I feel like they’re strong and have plenty of legs in the area we absolutely don’t and they’ve got a guy who has been scoring goals and in form. 

Best of luck to Gold and Hammy. Not been to Dumbarton in forever and hoping it’s not one of they horrendous weather days we always seem to get through there.

Mon

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wind looks like it could be an issue tomorrow, peak winds of 26km forecast right at kick off time. Hopefully not as bad as the Alloa game. 

36 mile per hour gusts is up there with Gayf at its worst - I remember a game at Dumbarton we got beat 2-0 in the Pishing rain and I swear to god the wind changed direction at half time and we played the entire 90 against it. I’m not even exaggerating here, think it was the season we won the league. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wind looks like it could be an issue tomorrow, peak winds of 26km forecast right at kick off time. Hopefully not as bad as the Alloa game. 

Thank god we no longer have a manager who specifically refused to use wind advantage as that's not the way he wants his team to play.  That should have been the moment he was fired out of a cannon.

Sounds a bit breezy though, but it should be fine unless we're playing at a one stand lego box with three sides completely exposed to the conditions.

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Thank god we no longer have a manager who specifically refused to use wind advantage as that's not the way he wants his team to play.  That should have been the moment he was fired out of a cannon.

Sounds a bit breezy though, but it should be fine unless we're playing at a one stand lego box with three sides completely exposed to the conditions.

I honestly cannot believe at how that last half hour against Montrose played out. It is genuinely mind blowing that we were f**king about at the back passing it side to side to try and work it to Liam fkn Callaghan to find the passes he’d specifically been told to play.

Like watching one of the automatic hoovers continually butt into a wall because someone doesn’t want to pick it up and move it. An absolute joke

41 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You said earlier Dumbarton fans were trying to turn this into a rivalry yet here you are taking unprovoked jibes at us. The stand isn't made of Lego, nor is it a box, but even then your point makes no sense as Gayfield has 4 sides and still gets battered by "the conditions". Try again you auld c**t. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

36 mile per hour gusts is up there with Gayf at its worst - I remember a game at Dumbarton we got beat 2-0 in the Pishing rain and I swear to god the wind changed direction at half time and we played the entire 90 against it. I’m not even exaggerating here, think it was the season we won the league. 

I definitely remember that happening down at the rock and it’s the only time I’ve ever seen it happen. Couldn’t have told you who we were playing so most likely was yourselves.

It seemed like the kind of thing that would happen to us and I remember laughing at it at the time. Extremely unlucky.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Was that the game where the pitch seemed to have a layer of puddle water right over the top of it as well? We were excellent that day, but those conditions were absolutely insane.

That was probably a bit of a high point in the Duffy-era. That squad for the second-half of the 2018/19 season were a joy to watch.

The guy calling Ross Forbes a "Weegie c*nt" as he's fouled for the penalty cracks me up every time I hear it :lol:

54 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I honestly cannot believe at how that last half hour against Montrose played out. It is genuinely mind blowing that we were f**king about at the back passing it side to side to try and work it to Liam fkn Callaghan to find the passes he’d specifically been told to play.

And then McIntyre came out and said it was all part of his plan! 

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You said earlier Dumbarton fans were trying to turn this into a rivalry yet here you are taking unprovoked jibes at us. The stand isn't made of Lego, nor is it a box, but even then your point makes no sense as Gayfield has 4 sides and still gets battered by "the conditions". Try again you auld c**t. 

You're right, I apologise to anyone who read my post and believed that your one stand was actually literally made of lego.  Apparently you're very literal down Dumbarton way, despite having an elephant on your badge.

26kmh = 15.156mph, so we are likely to be way short of the worst experiences at The Rock.

As for the Lichties comments on the ground, they are absolutely fair.  We have an iconic location but that's about it.  Visiting real football grounds like Gayfield, Station Park and Boroughbriggs is always a pleasure.

24 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

26kmh = 15.156mph, so we are likely to be way short of the worst experiences at The Rock.

As for the Lichties comments on the ground, they are absolutely fair.  We have an iconic location but that's about it.  Visiting real football grounds like Gayfield, Station Park and Boroughbriggs is always a pleasure.

Iv always said that the stand should be at the other side of the ground so you can see the Rock 

Posted (edited)

Didn't we once concede a wind-assisted goal from inside Arbroath's half at Gayfield? I want to say it was Sellars or Byers or someone like that...

Edited by FifeSons