Montrose v QOS (17:30 KO)

I guess Greenacres must be on holiday so I'll kick this off. Forget Villa v Arsenal and Dortmund v Frankfurt, this is the big one of the late kick offs.

Sean Dillon will be missing for the Mo after his red at Inverness and it'll be still too early for Reece Lyon's hamstring for Queens.

Queens looking solid if unspectacular under Murphy so far but managing to cope with injuries. The Mo looking similarly solid as per usual with three straight draws. Will something give here?

Kudos to the Doonhamers who make the trip with this being on the telly.

Pile in with yer views folks.

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Aren't these initial posts supposed to start with a reference to a difficult game?

Any news at all on players that might be back, thinking Lyons?

In fact, are we waiting on anyone else coming back? 

Reece expects to be back for ICT game a week on Saturday.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

19 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Aren't these initial posts supposed to start with a reference to a difficult game?

Any news at all on players that might be back, thinking Lyons?

In fact, are we waiting on anyone else coming back? 

I think we've agreed to consider every game in this division to be difficult which obvioysly limits Greenacres from doing the usual opening post. 

Apart from Lyons I would say it's probably not recognised starters who are still missing, although I've lost track of who is and isn't available. 

I wonder if we'll have added a big, pacy, experienced, guaranteed 20 goals a season striker by the time this game comes round. 

Afraid it's the seat in front of the telly for me for this one. would have made the trip otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sorry, I'll just call him Rees from now on.

Glad to hear that Rees Lyons is close to a return. If we could just get Reece Lyon back too, then we’ll be all set!

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can't be long now until someone wheels out another reference to "Zander Craic" too.

Anyone have any updates on young Zander Craic's injury btw?  Guess there's plenty Doonhammers would like to know ... 😎

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Aye, you're right dammit ... I knew I'd forgotten something.  Should really leave these things to experts to start ... 2/10 must do better.

Edited by Otis Blue

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Reece expects to be back for ICT game a week on Saturday.

That's great news tbf ... earlier than I'd expected.  Just hope he's not rushed back too quickly as I'm hoping he'll be a key player for us this season.

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

Bollox.  Another late kickoff. Sod them on a Saturday.

Aye, not great ... tbf I'd heard that Sky were seriously pissed off with the Beeb for scheduling this in opposition to their Villa/Arsenal thingy ... the reduced viewing figures are obviously gonna hit the advertising revenues for Sky.

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thank you.

It drives me mad.

You did spell "Dickenson" as "Dickinson" in the Annan match thread, to be fair.  😉

37 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

You did spell "Dickenson" as "Dickinson" in the Annan match thread, to be fair.  😉

Good spot.

Humble apologies.  I'll defend it by saying at least it would sound much the same.  I'm not proud of it though.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good spot.

Humble apologies.  I'll defend it by saying at least it would sound much the same.  I'm not proud of it though.

Well, I myself have to admit that I continually mispronounced Dobbie's surname during his first half season with us.  I live with the shame to this day.

19 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Well, I myself have to admit that I continually mispronounced Dobbie's surname during his first half season with us.  I live with the shame to this day.

It troubled Jeff Stelling for a while too.  In fairness, it is kind of spelled wrongly given how it's pronounced.