Montrose v QOS (17:30 KO)

Well that was a reality check.

Dreadful performance and a thoroughly deserved win for Montrose. Other than one very good save from Bryden's effort we never looked like scoring. 

Add in a deserved red card for Cochrane and a "standard Brydon hamstring injury" It's been a dreadful game for us.

I suspect I'm in a minority here but for me MacIntyre is an absolute liability defensively. I've only seen this game and the one at Alloa but he was awful defensively in both.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

f**k me. Thought that was harsh but I suppose it's a red nowadays. 

What a disastrous last 5 minutes. Genuinely worse than the result. 

I thought it was harsh, especially considering the challenge on O'Donnell that wasn't even given as a foul. 

We were poor but it's still early days and there's still players to come back. Hopefully Lyon will be back next week and as Dickenson and McIntyre get sharper and Bryden gets more game time, we'll improve. 

As much as we didn't get carried away by the first three games we haven't suddenly turned into a poor team after one narrow loss. 

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Red card all day long for me. 

As I say, it's a red nowadays so can't have any complaints. What can be complained about is the fact the ref deemed that a red but let the Montrose boy off without even a yellow for a worse challenge. Our man literally needing replaced because of it. 

Overall a deserved Montrose win. We didn't create anywhere near enough. Poor conditions but poor for both sides and Montrose clearly managed them better. Hopefully Brydon isn't out for long and Bryden gets a start as he at least looked to get into the right positions. Jury still out on McIntosh for now. Thought he was a bit too powderpuff today, we need someone who can hold it if we aren't going to be dominating games. 

A game we never really got going in, more injuries, Cochrane facing suspension, can't say we deserved anything from it. We can't afford too many performances like that though. Well done the Mo.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
Autocorrect wasn't correct.

1 minute ago, HighlandQueen said:

Silly post. Annoys me

Got what we deserved. Nothing. Montrose big strong and passed well. We picked the wrong and a diminutive team and only created 2 chances all day. Defence not terrible but too much room wide. Apart from Dickenson midfield was rank. We created nothing and up front powder puff. Big challenge next week as our record is poor at ICT. Brydon hamstring so will be out for a while, ODonnell took a sore one and Cochrane out for a stamp. Really poor today. Need to see the smarts of the manager and character of our players next week. 

Montrose deserved the win, good tidy side, and their manager Petrie is class.

That said we could easily have got a point. Thought Bryden had to bury his chance but fair play, helluva save by the Mo keeper. Thought Harry's was a yellow instead of a red, but we all know he's always got a late tackle in him.

End of the day we didn't do enough up front ... we know where our weakness lies. Still, we're a work in progress and 32 games to go, early days, onwards.

1 minute ago, HighlandQueen said:

Got what we deserved. Nothing. Montrose big strong and passed well. We picked the wrong and a diminutive team and only created 2 chances all day. Defence not terrible but too much room wide. Apart from Dickenson midfield was rank. We created nothing and up front powder puff. Big challenge next week as our record is poor at ICT. Brydon hamstring so will be out for a while, ODonnell took a sore one and Cochrane out for a stamp. Really poor today. Need to see the smarts of the manager and character of our players next week. 

Agree. Mad how quickly things turn I guess but that was poor today. 

Not many players getting pass marks tonight.  We showed a bit more once Dickenson came on, he really looks like being a key player, but Lyon was sorely missed.  Bryden looked promising in his short cameo and will hopefully give us a bit more punch up front, but the forwards need to be getting better service.  Deserved red for Cochrane.  Kennedy and McKechnie aren't doing nearly enough for me to warrant starting places.

Montrose looked organised, physical when they needed to be and untroubled for the majority of the game and were deserved winners.  A bit galling though considering aside from the goal I can't remember Stewart having to make a single save.

2 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Not many players getting pass marks tonight.  We showed a bit more once Dickenson came on, he really looks like being a key player, but Lyon was sorely missed.  Bryden looked promising in his short cameo and will hopefully give us a bit more punch up front, but the forwards need to be getting better service.  Deserved red for Cochrane.  Kennedy and McKechnie aren't doing nearly enough for me to warrant starting places.

Montrose looked organised, physical when they needed to be and untroubled for the majority of the game and were deserved winners.  A bit galling though considering aside from the goal I can't remember Stewart having to make a single save.

Kennedy was poor. Didn't think McKechnie was bad. Played out of position and chased aimless balls the best he could.

McIntosh and Bryden both added much needed heft up top.

Grim viewing. Well beaten today and very few positives to take from the proceedings. Worrying when your main goal threat comes from RB Hewit.

Blair Lyons is miles better than anything we have up top and Montrose overall were very worthy winners.

Not sure about the wholesale substitutions in the second half. Would it not be better to pick your stronger performers from the start rather than make a succession of changes that left us really disjointed?

Cochrane was really poor today and red card was merited. Not much more you can say about Brydon’s latest injury.

One thing is very clear - our forward options are very weak. Bryden from  Ayr did quite well but McIntosh and Co will have to up their game as there is no class whatsoever in that area of our team.

We played to Montrose strength far to many high balls.

Again Montrose bullied us they are a well drilled hard working team.

Massive worry is our lack of a goal threat plus we lack  pace .

To have only one chance the  whole 2nd half is not good enough .

It is only one game but I am.more worried about the last 5 mins.

Brydon injury looked a bad one he is easily our best defender will be a  huge miss 

The Cochrane red card surely we can appeal it looked a booking all day long but a silly challenge to make .

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not sure about the wholesale substitutions in the second half. Would it not be better to pick your stronger performers from the start rather than make a succession of changes that left us really disjointed?

Given the guys have been out injured they may not be 100% to start just yet. That aside you never change a winning side. 

We weren't good enough today but the line-up wasn't something that I could pick fault with. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Given the guys have been out injured they may not be 100% to start just yet. That aside you never change a winning side. 

We weren't good enough today but the line-up wasn't something that I could pick fault with. 

This. It was a couple lads just back from knocks and another couple who joined the team yesterday.