GIPHY Integration

The good people at GIPHY have been in touch to advise of a new pricing model for using their (currently free to use) GIF library on the forum.

I was up for spending a few quid a month to keep that integration and appreciate there is no such thing as a free lunch, but they've asked me for, and I shit you not, £570 a MONTH. To use their GIFs!

I have politely declined this offer so at some point in the I guess immediate future, that feature will be removed from the board.

The guys that produce the forum software might come up with an alternative integration for us.

Until then, fill your boots, cos these GIFs are gonna disappear. As will GIPHY in the fullness of time I expect!

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Wtf is GIPHY? Can you not just copy and paste a gif from google images? That’s what I do but dunno if that is giphy. 

If you click the wee Gif icon on our toolbar, those are GIPHY Gifs.

Just now, Div said:

If you click the wee Gif icon on our toolbar, those are GIPHY Gifs.

Aha didn’t even know you could do that so no loss to me! Luddite I am. £6k a year though, they can f**k off. 

Wow. So that's a feature I never even knew existed. f**king bargain.

Just clicked on it and their GIFs are all... 

fun wtf GIF by Mauro Gatti

1 hour ago, Div said:

The good people at GIPHY have been in touch to advise of a new pricing model for using their (currently free to use) GIF library on the forum.

I was up for spending a few quid a month to keep that integration and appreciate there is no such thing as a free lunch, but they've asked me for, and I shit you not, £570 a MONTH. To use their GIFs!

I have politely declined this offer so at some point in the I guess immediate future, that feature will be removed from the board.

The guys that produce the forum software might come up with an alternative integration for us.

Until then, fill your boots, cos these GIFs are gonna disappear. As will GIPHY in the fullness of time I expect!

If they're anything like Nord VPN and the likes, they'll be back in a couple of months or so and say "OK, how about a fiver?". 

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If they're anything like Nord VPN and the likes, they'll be back in a couple of months or so and say "OK, how about a fiver?". 

I just noticed that my NordVPN subscription is up in a few months.

Presumably I'm not going to be offered £30 for three years again?  :angry:

Edit: just checked - £90 for two years!

I miss Relakks. They gave me a temporary free account because their payment processing wasn't working, then didn't disconnect it for five years or so. Great bunch of lads.

Edited by BFTD

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I just noticed that my NordVPN subscription is up in a few months.

Presumably I'm not going to be offered £30 for three years again?  :angry:

Edit: just checked - £90 for two years!

I miss Relakks. They gave me a temporary free account because their payment processing wasn't working, then didn't disconnect it for five years or so. Great bunch of lads.

Do without it for a few weeks and they'll drop the price right down. 

P.S. Make sure you cancel the renewal well before your current deal runs out though, or they'll take the new rate off your card without warning.

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, Div said:

icegif-911.gif

7 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

£570 a month is nothing.

You could buy around 325 tins of beans and sausages month for that.

10.8 tins a day.

0.45 tins an hour. Thats a mini sausage in your gob every 16 minutes and 40 seconds.

Imagine that. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey