Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts also just moved a game to help out their own fixture backlog, which I assume @VincentGuerin will be fuming about.

Was I "fuming" about Killie's request? I just think it's a bit silly.

As for St Mirren v Hearts, I note this.

"Originally scheduled for Wednesday, December 4th, the SMiSA Stadium encounter will now take place on Saturday, September 21st at the request of the clubs."

I think any reasonable adult can see the benefit to all concerned in moving from a December midweek to a September Saturday. It's not like St Mirren are doing us a massive favour. Hardly comparable to what was being discussed.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I wonder how Sokler is feeling about the Nisbet loan deal being almost a done deal.  Can't see him being too happy after sitting on the bench for virtually a whole season. 

I'm not particularly excited about the prospect of Nisbet joining but could it be possible that Thelin will go for two through the middle in some games using both Nisbet and Sokler?

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I wonder how Sokler is feeling about the Nisbet loan deal being almost a done deal.  Can't see him being too happy after sitting on the bench for virtually a whole season. 

Possibly, but he can’t say he hasn’t had a decent chance.

He’s only scored in 2 games out of 7 I think it is.

Played against East Kilbride, Airdrie, St Johnstone, St Mirren & Airdrie & not scored, and, by & large, been fairly anonymous. 
He just doesn’t look quite enough to be a Dons no.9. 
Poor touch & his one on one finishing isn’t good enough IMO. 

I’m pleased we’re signing a new striker, albeit I’d rather it wasn’t one who’s likely to be injured most of the time.

My hope (naive maybe?) is that there’s a good striker in Scandinavia we can’t get until their season ends in December, but available to join us in January. 

3 hours ago, KTID26 said:

You guys are pretty disrespectful towards Derek McInnes totally forgetting you enjoyed your best 6 years results wise since Alex Ferguson. It's also very probable your team will never repeat that. You also fail to realise

You are Not famous any more. 

You just air brushing Alex Smith’s era out of history then? 🤡

If you’re going to try to be clever, don’t make a tit of yourself whilst doing so.

As for the attempt at bait, it’s better to have been a shagger in your day as opposed to being the ugly kid no-one knows that sits in the corner unnoticed 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

"Originally scheduled for Wednesday, December 4th, the SMiSA Stadium encounter will now take place on Saturday, September 21st at the request of the clubs."

I think any reasonable adult can see the benefit to all concerned in moving from a December midweek to a September Saturday. It's not like St Mirren are doing us a massive favour. Hardly comparable to what was being discussed.

Killie didn’t request anything. 

3 hours ago, KTID26 said:

You guys are pretty disrespectful towards Derek McInnes totally forgetting you enjoyed your best 6 years results wise since Alex Ferguson. It's also very probable your team will never repeat that. You also fail to realise

But at least you're not bothered...

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Couldn’t deal with physical strikers, much like jensen. And you do have a chance on Sunday. 

Big test for Molloyon this front. Been looking increasingly good but still unsure about how robust he can be. 

19 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Big test for Molloyon this front. Been looking increasingly good but still unsure about how robust he can be. 

Yeah he was spooked a bit by olusanya’s pace against st Mirren I thought, but this is a bit different. 

If you assume it’ll be ruby and molloy vs watkins and vassell, you’d think mcinnes will be telling vassell to go and test molloy physically, while Watkins try and draw Ruby into silly challenges. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You just air brushing Alex Smith’s era out of history then? 🤡

If you’re going to try to be clever, don’t make a tit of yourself whilst doing so.

As for the attempt at bait, it’s better to have been a shagger in your day as opposed to being the ugly kid no-one knows that sits in the corner unnoticed 

Just asking for this one...

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, KTID26 said:

McInnes had a free run at 2nd place while every other mid-sized club was a basket case. Signed a load of crocks and jobbers, played dull as f**k football (once Craig Brown's singings left) and won one trophy in a time where St Johnstone won 3.

Not to go over this boring pish again, but he'd done all he was capable of at Aberdeen and it's telling that his next job was at Killie and not somewhere better.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Your argument was that it shouldn't just be the two clubs who make the decision, since it indirectly affects everyone else. Hearts will have a fixture backlog in December and are now having extra rest in that period.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Your argument was that it shouldn't just be the two clubs who make the decision, since it indirectly affects everyone else. Hearts will have a fixture backlog in December and are now having extra rest in that period.

Extra rest? 🤣

Hearts will play at least six games in December.

I know this is your schtick, but I'm not arsed about discussing this with you when you're so obviously doing so in bad faith and completely misrepresenting my point.

The difference in the two situations is patently obvious. Besides, I'd have had no issue with the fixtures being left as they were.

So, apart from being wrong on every count, you've made some great points here.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Surely Ester would concede that if he himself picked up an injury or suspension, then our only striking options being Ambrose and Guèye and one or two youngsters probably don’t get us where we want to be.

3 pages of Aberdeen fans moaning about McInnes, wow. 

Had sort of written tomorrow off as its a tough place to go at the best of times and we are clearly struggling as a squad to juggle it all. 

Now hoping we can pull something out the bag just to get a good laugh at the tears that might produce.