Todays scores 24/8

Just now, Mine Man said:

Play for the shirt, what nonsense.

So ur saying players went to certain clubs to play for the shirt if u are ur having a laugh I am sure most players wouldn't go to half the clubs if the money wasn't offered 

2 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Clydebank even this early look stick ons for the league and the SAS in syme and Samson could well be the pieces in the jigsaw that were missing .

The jackdaw come on its only August Clydebank start well but every season they always fall away by October I think 1 season they were 6  points in front come October they were what 4 points behind and nearly out every cup to early to predict anything 

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Clydebank even this early look stick ons for the league and the SAS in syme and Samson could well be the pieces in the jigsaw that were missing .

I agree-can’t see many teams getting anything out of them.They are strong throughout and well organised and balanced.The signings made were clever and strengthened an already good side.Got to be hot favourites,

26 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Troll, troll, troll, troll

9 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Thorn Athletic 2 Glasgow Perthshire 2

Good game but Thorn harshly down to ten for a straight red.

Gemmell with a brace for ‘shire. Smashing player.

Crowd of about 100 with 20 or so cheering the visitors.

You not a Burgh man? 

26 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

The jackdaw come on its only August Clydebank start well but every season they always fall away by October I think 1 season they were 6  points in front come October they were what 4 points behind and nearly out every cup to early to predict anything 

Agree we are shite! 

Good performance from us today. Miles better than the previous 2 games. Only concern is we picked up another injury and given we are already without 4 players with injury and 1 suspended then we may have to bring in some more players to provide more depth. Thought Sam Greenwood was very good as was Ross McKenzie when he came on. 

A word on the Kirky stadium. Really nice, even without the raised terrace it isn't a bad view. If all new stadiums were like this it will only benefit our leagues. Only criticism is the food seemed a bit pricy. As for their team, they started well but after about 20 mins looked like they ran out of ideas and we dominated after that. They missed a couple of decent chance but so did we. Onto a struggling Blantyre next week but I know Ross Wilson will have the fired up coming to Dunterlie. 

5 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Good performance from us today. Miles better than the previous 2 games. Only concern is we picked up another injury and given we are already without 4 players with injury and 1 suspended then we may have to bring in some more players to provide more depth. Thought Sam Greenwood was very good as was Ross McKenzie when he came on. 

A word on the Kirky stadium. Really nice, even without the raised terrace it isn't a bad view. If all new stadiums were like this it will only benefit our leagues. Only criticism is the food seemed a bit pricy. As for their team, they started well but after about 20 mins looked like they ran out of ideas and we dominated after that. They missed a couple of decent chance but so did we. Onto a struggling Blantyre next week but I know Ross Wilson will have the fired up coming to Dunterlie. 

You were definitely the better team and it could've been more. The one in the first half might be the miss of the season. Rob Roy weren't bad either but didn't take any of their chances.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You were definitely the better team and it could've been more. The one in the first half might be the miss of the season. Rob Roy weren't bad either but didn't take any of their chances.

Yeah not to sure what he was trying to do after rounding the keeper but glad he scored at the start of the 2nd half as it will give him more confidence. 

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Yeah not to sure what he was trying to do after rounding the keeper but glad he scored at the start of the 2nd half as it will give him more confidence. 

A decent turnout overall and fair amount of Arthurlie supporters too. It's a tough division this year, I'm glad we're out of it...for the time being.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A decent turnout overall and fair amount of Arthurlie supporters too. It's a tough division this year, I'm glad we're out of it...for the time being.

KRR will be delighted if home attendance average of 500  for four League games holds up. it would i think if team were flying. 

Even around 300-400 mark would be great for the club after all 15 home games. 

Good to see lots of volunteers chipping in helping running the new place smoothly and the gatemen taking note of attendance as you entered the turnstile .

As for the team they were missing two or three of better players and experienced ones at that which they can't afford to not have.  Hopefully they get it right in time And with patience in what's a very competitive league despite nobody throwing about the big money of the premier 

Edited by Parkranger

16 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Was a crazy incident. 

Ironically Arthurlie best player number 5 Aaron Healy had a fairly quiet game. Arthurlie won't be far away from top spot. 

3 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Was a crazy incident. 

Ironically Arthurlie best player number 5 Aaron Healy had a fairly quiet game. Arthurlie won't be far away from top spot. 

I think that shows the high standards Aaron sets. He was quietish, but still scored 2 goals and created several other chances with crosses into the box. Given we were without our usual starting RB, LB, CB and CM along with no Scott Anson we have to be pleased with the performance. KRR will come good, if they had taken the headed chance (player should have at least hit the target) then it might have been a different game. Like I said earlier they started brightly but, as you pointed out, lacked that experience and leadership to push on and when they fell a goal behind I never felt they were going to get back into it. 

Im just glad to see them back in Kirkie and they should be able to build upon what is a real nice facility.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think that shows the high standards Aaron sets. He was quietish, but still scored 2 goals and created several other chances with crosses into the box. Given we were without our usual starting RB, LB, CB and CM along with no Scott Anson we have to be pleased with the performance. KRR will come good, if they had taken the headed chance (player should have at least hit the target) then it might have been a different game. Like I said earlier they started brightly but, as you pointed out, lacked that experience and leadership to push on and when they fell a goal behind I never felt they were going to get back into it. 

Im just glad to see them back in Kirkie and they should be able to build upon what is a real nice facility.

Yeah boy shouldn't be playing in WOS with respect to this level. 

Can see your manager has threw in a couple of right big guys one at back one up front who were a handful.

Captain at back is a good player think it's O'Neil,  good leadership. 

Arthurlie will be top three. 

Oh yeah KRR do have a young team on the face of it so losing two of better players with good experience is a bigger blow to them as a team than the likes of Arthurlie as you seem to have a good squad. 

Beith 2 Glenafton 1 Paul Frize with both Beith goals.  Glens took an early lead after about 5 mins and decided that the order of the day was waste as much time as possible,  the score line flatters the Glens as Ally Semple was excellent and had at least 6 top notch saves.  

pics from the game. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/swkphoto/S8H1163R61

Edited by beithboy

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

Beith 2 Glenafton 1 Paul Frize with both Beith goals.  Glens took an early lead after about 5 mins and decided that the order of the day was waste as much time as possible,  the score line flatters the Glens as Ally Semple was excellent and had at least 6 top notch saves.  

pics from the game. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/swkphoto/S8H1163R61

Yip , Beith were the better team , especially in the 2nd half and Ally was definitely man of the match . 
Don’t agree about the time wasting , didn’t think it was that noticeable, winning 1 nil we certainly weren’t in a hurry to speed the game up , who would ?

Thought the ref had a shocker , absolutely shite from start to finish , some bizarre decisions against both teams .
And the least said about no stopping the game in the build up to beiths winning goal the better .

36 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Yip , Beith were the better team , especially in the 2nd half and Ally was definitely man of the match . 
Don’t agree about the time wasting , didn’t think it was that noticeable, winning 1 nil we certainly weren’t in a hurry to speed the game up , who would ?

Thought the ref had a shocker , absolutely shite from start to finish , some bizarre decisions against both teams .
And the least said about no stopping the game in the build up to beiths winning goal the better .

It was not a head injury so the play did not need to be stopped.  I think you were the only one in the park that did not notice the time wasting.   The ref certainly made it all about him, as usual they are terrible when they are being assessed as he was today.