Grounds That Would Benefit Going Plastic

All the houses and the new school being built upstream of Merksworth. The Putyan burn has silted up so much the water has no place to go. Where would you like the cooncil to spend millions building them a new ground ?

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

All the houses and the new school being built upstream of Merksworth. The Putyan burn has silted up so much the water has no place to go. Where would you like the cooncil to spend millions building them a new ground ?

They could always groundshare; Kilwinning is a short hop down the A737. Sorted. 😇

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

How can people drink K-cup coffee? - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Being serious for a moment.

There are some clubs year after year postponing games due to waterlogged pitches. Are we as a football community, happy with that situation. Clubs need to be keep on top of this and be proactive rather than shrugging shoulders and slating the Scottish weather.

Weather postponements kill off a club,  it's momentum and it's fanbase quicker than anything. 

The uncertainty of it all is horrific. 

Guaranteed games on is incredibly beneficial to any club the singular most important thing. 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Being serious for a moment.

There are some clubs year after year postponing games due to waterlogged pitches. Are we as a football community, happy with that situation. Clubs need to be keep on top of this and be proactive rather than shrugging shoulders and slating the Scottish weather.

So where does the money come from to go Astro for those clubs. Holm Park, Peasy & Kirkie were done with Council funding, Cumnock was done by turning it into a multi sports complex, Benburb & Renfrew by selling their massive bit of land. 

Clubs like Dalry who don’t own their ground are at the whim of the council. There will be limited or no council funding for the foreseeable with some council needing to find £10’s million shortfall for their budgets. 

I have no issues with Astro but we need to be realistic about how it in the short term. 

38 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So where does the money come from to go Astro for those clubs. Holm Park, Peasy & Kirkie were done with Council funding, Cumnock was done by turning it into a multi sports complex, Benburb & Renfrew by selling their massive bit of land. 

Clubs like Dalry who don’t own their ground are at the whim of the council. There will be limited or no council funding for the foreseeable with some council needing to find £10’s million shortfall for their budgets. 

I have no issues with Astro but we need to be realistic about how it in the short term. 

What should not be forgot is if a club sell its old ground / land and they then to go alone they need to buy new land suitable in the town they are from (good luck with that ) then the costs of building actual stadium itself.

Land alone for a acre or two could be in the millions alone. 

This is where clubs need to work with councils it's a necessary evil .

A club like KRR have ultimately got the best scenario you'll get out of a new modern stadium set up where they control the stadium under some conditions granted it took ten years of off field pain to get to where they are now. 

Did Arthurlie not look into possibility of selling where they are and moving? 

Edited by Parkranger

23 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

What should not be forgot is if a club sell its old ground / land and they then to go alone they need to buy new land suitable in the town they are from (good luck with that ) then the costs of building actual stadium itself.

Land alone for a acre or two could be in the millions alone. 

This is where clubs need to work with councils it's a necessary evil .

A club like KRR have ultimately got the best scenario you'll get out of a new modern stadium set up where they control the stadium under some conditions granted it took ten years of off field pain to get to where they are now. 

Did Arthurlie not look into possibility of selling where they are and moving? 

I agree with you and I am not having a go at clubs for doing what is necessary to survive, but this thread is about clubs that would benefit from moving to astro (and some top notch trolling from the OP!!) and I am just pointing out that it is a bit pie in the sky to think clubs would have opportunity given the current financial situations.

On us, I asked the question at our AGM earlier this month was told that it is likely we will have more information before Christmas. At the end of the day it comes down to funding and timing. Not sure how any vote would go with membership as there will be some who will not want to leave no matter what and some who will have seen what other clubs have done and may want to follow suit. For me it is what is best for the club. Love Dunterlie to bits and put a lot of effort into it over the years on upkeep but if we have something that can benefit the club and the community for longer I would be on board from that as long as it is of sufficient standard.